The Bubba Starling Thread

rcuit baba starling is now being offered 7.5 million by the kansas city royals. the article stated that baba,s agent is seeking 10 million....do you think baba will really want to play college football for $0 when offered close to 10 million...i don,t think he will ever play a game for nu huskers

How early did you start drinking on Saturday? Good God man.

or trying to OD on vicadin

Sunuv..Tuff Tiger?

"I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here to hear that speech!"

• Fire 2

Expect bad news soon, sorry fellas.

It's expected, so I don't know if it's "bad." Much as we'd all love him to stay, it's too good of an opportunity to pass up.

This story from practice says it all:

Bubba Starling’s career at Nebraska is on hold – at least on the practice field – while the two-sport athlete choose between college football and Major League Baseball.

The Gardner, Kan., native didn’t attend NU’s first fall practice Saturday. And he won’t, head coach Bo Pelini said, until he decides whether to accept a pro contract from the Kansas City Royals – who drafted him in June – or skip the pros and suit up for the Cornhuskers at quarterback.

The deadline to sign with the Royals is 11 p.m. on Aug 15.

“He’s got a lot at risk,” head coach Bo Pelini said. “We communicated with the family and decided this is the best way to go about this. We’re on the same page.”

LINK

Not really sure why they let him go through with Fan Day when any leverage they might have gained from it went by the wayside with this decision not to practice. It's a wise decision, but if he's not going to practice and not going to show the Royals that he's intent on staying here, they're not going to raise their offer. If I'm the Royals, I stand firm on my last offer until Bubba shows me that he's intending to stay at Nebraska.

Signing some autographs doesn't tell me (the Royals) that he's going to college. Putting on pads and practicing tells me that, and makes me break out the checkbook. If he's not going to practice, pragmatically, he could have just stayed in Kansas this whole time.

Maybe this news means that he isn't using Nebraska to leverage his offer. If he was just doing that, he'd show up to practice in full pads and try to scare the Royals, like you said knapplc. Maybe he really is trying to decide between football and baseball, and doesn't want to risk losing either option to a freak injury. Maybe it's not a negotiating tactic, maybe he just hasn't decided yet.

Maybe this news means that he isn't using Nebraska to leverage his offer. If he was just doing that, he'd show up to practice in full pads and try to scare the Royals, like you said knapplc. Maybe he really is trying to decide between football and baseball, and doesn't want to risk losing either option to a freak injury. Maybe it's not a negotiating tactic, maybe he just hasn't decided yet.

bubba is seriously considering baseball, and does not want to practice for fear of getting hurt , and then no millions.

bubba is seriously considering baseball, and does not want to practice for fear of getting hurt , and then no millions.

Its smart on his part to sit out of practices. He has until the 15th to make up his mind, he will still attend classes in the meantime. If I had that much money on the line, i'd be very cautous with my body.