The Bubba Starling Thread

I haven't read any post in this thread, but it is pretty simple. Would you rather make millions of dollars throwing a white ball at a glove, or throw a brown ball while 11 300 pound dudes chase you for potentially no money and risk serious injury.

You could easily flip it around the other way as well.

Would you rather have a hard ball coming at you at 100 miles an hour, with the risk of getting hit in the head and very possibly dying on the spot

or throw a pigskin to 5 recievers while they run and do the work...

I haven't read any post in this thread, but it is pretty simple. Would you rather make millions of dollars throwing a white ball at a glove, or throw a brown ball while 11 300 pound dudes chase you for potentially no money and risk serious injury.

You could easily flip it around the other way as well.

Would you rather have a hard ball coming at you at 100 miles an hour, with the risk of getting hit in the head and very possibly dying on the spot

or throw a pigskin to 5 recievers while they run and do the work...

You must be joking. Serious injuries related to football occur every year, to nearly every team. How often do you hear about someone "dying on the spot" from getting hit by a pitch? ...I don't think that there is any question that football is the more dangerous sport of the two.

Plus, if Bubba does come to Nebraska, he'll be playing baseball too... So flipping it around is kind of pointless.

Fun fact:To date only one person in the MLB has died due to being hit by a pitch (and that was back in 1920).

You must be joking. Serious injuries related to football occur every year, to nearly every team. How often do you hear about someone "dying on the spot" from getting hit by a pitch? ...I don't think that there is any question that football is the more dangerous sport of the two.

Sammy Sosa died on the spot after getting hit by this pitch:

sammy20sosa20helmet.gif

Oh, wait. That was just Sammy's career that died on the spot. My bad.

• Fire 1

Sammy Sosa died on the spot after getting hit by this pitch:

sammy20sosa20helmet.gif

Oh, wait. That was just Sammy's career that died on the spot. My bad.

...died and was reincarnated as this guy:

sammy-sosa-white.jpg

If Bubba Starling comes to Nebraska, foregoing millions of dollars, to play football and baseball, will it be a positive or a negative? I'm sure he is an outstanding athlete, but his aspirations to be a QB and play baseball will undoubtedly be difficult. Personally, I hope Bubba comes to Nebraska. I just hope he doesn't have the same experience Khiry Cooper has had.

If Bubba Starling comes to Nebraska, foregoing millions of dollars, to play football and baseball, will it be a positive or a negative? I'm sure he is an outstanding athlete, but his aspirations to be a QB and play baseball will undoubtedly be difficult. Personally, I hope Bubba comes to Nebraska. I just hope he doesn't have the same experience Khiry Cooper has had.

My thinking exactly. You'll see replies that cry "Gill did it!" - but this isn't the mid-80's. Not to disrespect past players, but I think a lot of them would admit it was a different time. Playing QB for a school like Nebraska today requires a hell of a lot of mojo - not sure Bubba's got enough for both sports. I also wonder if he ends up having a mediocre baseball career, if he can still mentally have a solid football career. (or the other way) For someone that has dominated multiple sports for years, coming up short in one at the next level would probably have a negative impact on the other. I sure hope he gives it a whirl though.

My thinking exactly. You'll see replies that cry "Gill did it!" - but this isn't the mid-80's. Not to disrespect past players, but I think a lot of them would admit it was a different time. Playing QB for a school like Nebraska today requires a hell of a lot of mojo - not sure Bubba's got enough for both sports. I also wonder if he ends up having a mediocre baseball career, if he can still mentally have a solid football career. (or the other way) For someone that has dominated multiple sports for years, coming up short in one at the next level would probably have a negative impact on the other. I sure hope he gives it a whirl though.

I had the game on Saturday and Fiala was saying that, at this point, it would be better for Cooper to focus on one sport. He's just not getting it done like he should in either one. It's too bad, but that's the reality of major college sports now.

Does the firing of Mike Anderson help make Starling's decision a lot easier?

If I'm not mistaken didn't it come down to Nebraska and Notre Dame on which University Starling was going to commit too? Did I read or just assumed Starling committed to Nebraska because Notre Dame fired their baseball coach? If so, does firing Mike Anderson make Starling's decision easier to enter the MLB draft?

Whoever is the new Nebraska head coach should jump on the phone or get a hold of Starling in any way possible to keep Starling committed to the Baseball team and to let him know which direction the Baseball team will be going if it doesn't break any violations with the NCAA.