The Bubba Starling Thread

Bo is the biggest loser in this situation... lost a great player, lost a lot of recruiting time and effort (it happens a lot every year i guess), gained a lot of BS attention, but worst of all he sent a terrible message to his players and his team (don't even get me started on that)

Please. :facepalm:

please yourself. its science.

I love that explanation :P "Please. It's science."

We did lose a great recruit, but it's nothing unforeseen and nothing we can't handle. It's understood, when you take on a talented multi-sport athlete with baseball prospects, that this kind of thing can happen. Heck we have practically lost Khiry Cooper to the baseball team. I won't ask you to get started on the terrible message he sent, because - while it's not the same action I would hve taken in his shoes - it is a very admirable message.

I've been on this throughout the entire thread, but I think Bo's actions have been roundly, and thoroughly misinterpreted by many. Bubba's final 7.5 million contract should be indicative of that.

Bo is the biggest loser in this situation... lost a great player, lost a lot of recruiting time and effort (it happens a lot every year i guess), gained a lot of BS attention, but worst of all he sent a terrible message to his players and his team (don't even get me started on that)

Please. :facepalm:

please yourself. its science.

Where's the

:sarcasm

Science?!

We talkin' about PRACTICE!

I've been on this throughout the entire thread, but I think Bo's actions have been roundly, and thoroughly misinterpreted by many. Bubba's final 7.5 million contract should be indicative of that.

what does bubba's 7.5 miiiiiiilion dollar contract have ANYTHING to do with bo?

besides the fact that bo gave it to bubba on a silver platter, at the expense of his team? c'mon... bubba was never coming here.

And this thread still isn't locked WHY? Or sent to 'other sports'? Is this pick and choose? He is a BASEBALL PLAYER. Doesn't play for Nebraska baseball, sure as hell doesn't play Nebraska football, yet this continues? Unbelievable. Keep practicing hard Nebraska FOOTBALL players...I'm sure eventually ALL THE KANSAS CITY ROYALS AND BASEBALL FANS on this thread will finally take notice. :facepalm:

And this thread still isn't locked WHY? Or sent to 'other sports'? Is this pick and choose? He is a BASEBALL PLAYER. Doesn't play for Nebraska baseball, sure as hell doesn't play Nebraska football, yet this continues? Unbelievable. Keep practicing hard Nebraska FOOTBALL players...I'm sure eventually ALL THE KANSAS CITY ROYALS AND BASEBALL FANS on this thread will finally take notice. :facepalm:

FTW

besides the fact that bo gave it to bubba on a silver platter, at the expense of his team? c'mon... bubba was never coming here.

At the risk of being repetitive, Bo did not give Bubba anything on a silver platter.

Bubba very likely could have had more...*if* he had been allowed to practice like all the other baseball prospects trying to gain negotiating position by practicing with their college football teams. That is what I mean by roundly misinterpreted. You are the one who brought up Bo as having been played. Not so. Bo refused to be played. People think that Bo wanted Bubba to practice, but Bubba didn't want to, when I believe it is the other way around: Bubba wanted to practice, but Bo didn't want Bubba to unless or until Bubba had decided once and for all that he was staying.

Please enlighten as to what "expense" the team gave up! :P

At the risk of being repetitive, Bo did not give Bubba anything on a silver platter.

Bubba very likely could have had more...*if* he had been allowed to practice like all the other baseball prospects trying to gain negotiating position by practicing with their college football teams. That is what I mean by roundly misinterpreted. You are the one who brought up Bo as having been played. Not so. Bo refused to be played. People think that Bo wanted Bubba to practice, but Bubba didn't want to, when I believe it is the other way around: Bubba wanted to practice, but Bo didn't want Bubba to unless or until Bubba had decided once and for all that he was staying.

Please enlighten as to what "expense" the team gave up! :P

woah, take a step back and look at it... "practice this, practice that." please... bubba was never going to come here, at least thats the way it was after the draft. to talk about practice *allens voice* at this point is hilarity... the kid was never going to come here. how do I know that? he didn't come here! Bo played the royals game, bo played the bubba game... he played both games and lost. the fact that he played the game to begin with, he lost. its sends a messed up message to the squad that one player is above the team, above practicing... above all of that. does bo think that way? absolutely not, but it still sends a message nonetheless. practice starts on the 6th... if you're on the team, practice.. otherwise get out of lincoln. all i'm saying is that bubba the football player wasn't worth it in the end IMHO. thats just me.

what's this i hear Bubba never attended the summer practices with the team?

Personally i am glad this is over, now i can concentrate on T-Mart and Carnes.

FWIW: Per the Royals, Bubba will start out with a team in Arizona in a rookie league, he will not play any games until the last 10 games are done and then off to the instructional league.

I'll be the first ass to say it...

F*ck Bubba

I know three year olds that dont act like that when the dont get their way.

SAD POST in my book

I hope 3 year olds arent saying the F word.

But I'll be the first to say it... this thread does NOT deserve 24 pages..

I mean, we never got to see him play 1 game or for that matter practice in college..

woah, take a step back and look at it... "practice this, practice that." please... bubba was never going to come here, at least thats the way it was after the draft. to talk about practice *allens voice* at this point is hilarity... the kid was never going to come here. how do I know that? he didn't come here! Bo played the royals game, bo played the bubba game... he played both games and lost. the fact that he played the game to begin with, he lost. its sends a messed up message to the squad that one player is above the team, above practicing... above all of that. does bo think that way? absolutely not, but it still sends a message nonetheless. practice starts on the 6th... if you're on the team, practice.. otherwise get out of lincoln. all i'm saying is that bubba the football player wasn't worth it in the end IMHO. thats just me.

Dude, Bo didn't get played by anyone. He didn't lose anything. Bubba may have physically been in Lincoln, but he may as well not have been. He wasn't with the team, wasn't part of the team, and was never acknowledged as such. Practiced started on the 6th without him, and Bubba was not on team and did not practice. Who cares where his physical place of residence was. Sure it was in Lincoln, it may as well have been in Anchorage, Alaska, as far as Bubba's standing with the team.

The only message Bo sent to the squad? "Be committed to the team, or we won't consider you part of it." Not mixed at all.

Bubba wasn't coming here since the moment a better opportunity came along, and this applies to all recruits. Only for most of them, a better opportunity does not come along.

It sounds like you wanted Bubba to be at practice or something. Now that would arguably have been a mixed message.

Actually, if I were Bo. I would've treated Bubba like one of our own, and allowed him to practice. So what if he did get drafted and wasn't staying with the team. I'd still treat him like a member and do everything I could to help him get a better position with the Royals, because helping out every player and giving them the ability to maximize their future prospects is part of what a HC should do. At the same time, I understand why Bo was uncompromisingly focused on the guys who were there, and can respect it. No need to treat Bubba like an enemy in the end. He is/was family, and he's off to chart his own course now. It was a brief stay, but perhaps not the last one at Nebraska for Bubba. Wish nothing but the best for him, classiest fans in America as we are.

• Fire 4