The Bubba Starling Thread

Well I assume, I know what it makes of me, not seeing any exploding congrats messages, that Bubba did exactly what he planned to do from day one. Take care of himself and his family. Making a living or playing game, for a few that is a choice, but most put family and security ahead of fun.

Glad he got what what he wanted. Time to move on to another off season topic.

Who's to say Bubba didn't like baseball? Why is playing football the only fun option for him?

Bo's statement on Bubba:

"Everyone associated with our football program at Nebraska wishes Bubba nothing but the best in his future with the Kansas City Royals' organization," Pelini said in a statement. "I know this decision has been very difficult for Bubba and his family, as it would be for anyone in his position."

Pelini, a big Cleveland fan, even capped his statement with a joke.

"I personally will root for Bubba in every game except when he plays against the Indians!"

Well I assume, I know what it makes of me, not seeing any exploding congrats messages, that Bubba did exactly what he planned to do from day one. Take care of himself and his family. Making a living or playing game, for a few that is a choice, but most put family and security ahead of fun.

Glad he got what what he wanted. Time to move on to another off season topic.

Who's to say Bubba didn't like baseball? Why is playing football the only fun option for him?

Bo's statement on Bubba:

"Everyone associated with our football program at Nebraska wishes Bubba nothing but the best in his future with the Kansas City Royals' organization," Pelini said in a statement. "I know this decision has been very difficult for Bubba and his family, as it would be for anyone in his position."

Pelini, a big Cleveland fan, even capped his statement with a joke.

"I personally will root for Bubba in every game except when he plays against the Indians!"

How could anyone ever enjoy playing baseball? It is such an easy sport, I mean, hitting a 90 mph fastball, sheesh I can do that with both hands tied behind my back. I could even throw 95 with my left hand. And I hit 500 ft. bombs everytime I see a 80 mph curveball or 80 mph slider. How could anyone enjoy playing such an easy sport? Terrible choice Bubba, terrible. :sarcasm

I thought most of you were college students or grads.

Coming to Nebraska would be for fun, no future to fix the family problems immediately.

Not saying him playing baseball would not be fun for him.

It was from the first day all about the money, he never applied himself in his classes, never passed them I understand, and failed to attend them. He used the program to get what he wanted and we went along with it hoping an praying he would some how realize that being at Nebraska was more important than helping his family survive financial dilemas.

We are fans of Nebraska, and wanted him here. Would have been nice, but was never going to happen.

And just exactly what was Bo supposed to say. He got played by a nice kid and family. And deep down Bo most likely felt he should go to MLB in his situation. The way things are today, if you can make that type of money, you have to take it. I have no hard feelings about it in any way, just feel thinking he was ever coming here was pie in the sky at best. A lot of wasted time on the subject, but as some have stated it is killing the off season.

Paraphrasing some guy named George Bret in the Royals organization on the radio today.

"Bubba is no Hoesemer (sp?). Hoesemer is a natural baseball player. Bubba is a natural football player. He is a gifted athlete, but it is going to take some real work to make him a major league baseball player. He might not pan out."

This thread is great, and last night was a blast. Easily the most entertaining thread this summer. More often than not these threads are more than needed.

And half the threads get a big ol' :clap

And unfortunately half of them get a :facepalm:

Most people know who gets what.

Does Shawn Watson get a :facepalm: ?

This thread is great, and last night was a blast. Easily the most entertaining thread this summer. More often than not these threads are more than needed.

And half the threads get a big ol' :clap

And unfortunately half of them get a :facepalm:

Most people know who gets what.

Does Shawn Watson get a :facepalm: ?

C'mon you know Shawn Watson gets nothing but this :corndance

I thought most of you were college students or grads.

Coming to Nebraska would be for fun, no future to fix the family problems immediately.

Not saying him playing baseball would not be fun for him.

It was from the first day all about the money, he never applied himself in his classes, never passed them I understand, and failed to attend them. He used the program to get what he wanted and we went along with it hoping an praying he would some how realize that being at Nebraska was more important than helping his family survive financial dilemas.

We are fans of Nebraska, and wanted him here. Would have been nice, but was never going to happen.

And just exactly what was Bo supposed to say. He got played by a nice kid and family. And deep down Bo most likely felt he should go to MLB in his situation. The way things are today, if you can make that type of money, you have to take it. I have no hard feelings about it in any way, just feel thinking he was ever coming here was pie in the sky at best. A lot of wasted time on the subject, but as some have stated it is killing the off season.

this was exactly what I have been saying forever, your so right!