The Bubba Starling Thread

Congratulations 2 Bubba! Goodluck brother!

For all the talk by "TMagic" earlier in this thread about how badly the program was "used" by Bubba in this situation, I have yet to see anything from any player or coach that isn't fully supportive of Bubba and his decision. Seems like a lot of projecting going on.

• Fire 1

Put Bubba on the growing list of guys who didn't end up being a Husker

...yet

let it go... there is nothing that says if he wants to go to college if MLB doesn't work out that he will come to NU. They might not even need or want him by then.

Bubba will come back when Shawn Watson becomes our AD in 3 years

To nobody's surprise, Bubba signed with the Royals 5 minutes before deadline. Signing bonus was 7.5 million over 3 years. Now that he is no longer a college football and baseball player these are my thoughts. As a football player and quarterback first, he would never have reached his full potential as a baseball player and maybe never as a football player. Baseball and football players do most of their developing in the off season, i.e, summer college baseball or 7 on 7, fall ball, spring practice. Bubba would never have those opportunities and would have been an above average player in both sports but well below his potential. JMO

Put Bubba on the growing list of guys who didn't end up being a Husker

...yet

let it go... there is nothing that says if he wants to go to college if MLB doesn't work out that he will come to NU. They might not even need or want him by then.

did I say there was? calm down sir, that stick up your a$$ can be easily removed :P

no stick up there, cuz that would hurt alot ;):lol: , but grown tired of the next coming of QB Jesus to Nebraska saga. Bubba watch '11 is over, 2 weeks to game time, let's roll! :koolaid2:

Well I assume, I know what it makes of me, not seeing any exploding congrats messages, that Bubba did exactly what he planned to do from day one. Take care of himself and his family. Making a living or playing game, for a few that is a choice, but most put family and security ahead of fun.

Glad he got what what he wanted. Time to move on to another off season topic.