Random Questions and Thoughts...

1) When was the last time Husker fans rushed the field? From what I can tell, it was 1982 after beating OU, but I'm thinking there has to be something during the Glorious 90's, right? I remember in '07 that before the USC game, the staff at Memorial Stadium was prepared for a field-rush, but we saw how that turned out. Any fans left at the end of that one were sauntering away in disgust.

2) Does it piss anyone else off that some programs claim completely illegitimate National Titles? I was reading about the Huskies (my wife is from Seattle, so I have to deal with Husky in-laws after the Holiday Bowl Crapfest), and they claim 4 National Titles. Just check out the reasons they claim titles in 1960, '84, and '90 on Wikipedia. Not to mention the longhorns claiming a share of the title in 1970 with us when they were spanked by Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl. It's bullcrap. We claim 5 LEGIT National Titles, but if we went by UW Wikipedia logic, we'd have 11.

Off-season and all, just thought I'd see if anyone else has ever considered this stuff...

“Nothing but football is in order this day. You, Nebraska, can conquer.” - William Jennings Bryan

I've been getting a little irked when I'm watching the Big Ten Network and they talk about Michigan winning the 1997 title but never mention it for Nebraska.

Another question:

How do magnets work?

(I'm not being an ass, I'm just super bored)

I've been getting a little irked when I'm watching the Big Ten Network and they talk about Michigan winning the 1997 title but never mention it for Nebraska.

Another question:

How do magnets work?

(I'm not being an ass, I'm just super bored)

A magnet is any material or object that produces a magnetic field. The magnetic field is invisible but attracts ferrous metals including iron and steel. In addition, any object with a magnetic field will either attract or repel other magnets. Not all magnets are permanently magnetized. Hard metals and commercial magnets are permanent magnets that have often been superheated to create a more lasting magnetic field, while other metal objects (such as non-super-heated iron) can be temporarily magnetized but then lose their magnetic field some time after they leave the proximity of another magnet.

The magnetic field of a magnet is actually generated by the alignment of electrons within the atomic structure of the magnetic material. All objects contain atoms, and these atoms contain electrons that move around in orbits with a certain spin. The movement of any electron in this manner creates a tiny magnetic field. However, most electrons in atoms exist in pairs. The two electrons in a pair always spin in opposite directions, with the result that the magnetic fields cancel each other out, and no magnetic field is created from the object itself.

Atoms of magnetic materials, on the other hand, contain unpaired electrons with the same spin that aren't canceled out. If a material has enough unpaired electrons with the same spin--such as the four unpaired electrons in an atom of Fe (iron)--and doesn't contain any unpaired electrons with opposite spin, the net movement of electrons in one direction will create a magnetic field.

just to fill ya in.

1) When was the last time Husker fans rushed the field? From what I can tell, it was 1982 after beating OU, but I'm thinking there has to be something during the Glorious 90's, right? I remember in '07 that before the USC game, the staff at Memorial Stadium was prepared for a field-rush, but we saw how that turned out. Any fans left at the end of that one were sauntering away in disgust.

Kansas game in 1992 maybe was the last time?

2) Does it piss anyone else off that some programs claim completely illegitimate National Titles? I was reading about the Huskies (my wife is from Seattle, so I have to deal with Husky in-laws after the Holiday Bowl Crapfest), and they claim 4 National Titles. Just check out the reasons they claim titles in 1960, '84, and '90 on Wikipedia. Not to mention the longhorns claiming a share of the title in 1970 with us when they were spanked by Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl. It's bullcrap. We claim 5 LEGIT National Titles, but if we went by UW Wikipedia logic, we'd have 11.

Actually there was a writeup about this once, if Nebraska counted titles in the many ways various other Universities do, Nebraska could count up to 18 National Titles to it's name. And yes it's garbage.