SIGNED QB Tommy Armstrong*

ADS

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to get Armstrong, but I doubt the staff is backing off of Fuller.

They are not backing off Fuller, but at this point Tommy is ahead of Fuller. That doesnt mean we wont take both either.

i think TA is a little more under the radar type guy cause of the studs on his team last year but still is a great player.. however im really in love with DF and would really like to have him...... i think id take him over TA as Fuller has a little more extra special potential in my opinion... but then again what do i know.....

They are not backing off Fuller, but at this point Tommy is ahead of Fuller. That doesnt mean we wont take both either.

i think TA is a little more under the radar type guy cause of the studs on his team last year but still is a great player.. however im really in love with DF and would really like to have him...... i think id take him over TA as Fuller has a little more extra special potential in my opinion... but then again what do i know.....

Sign um both up! We have been burned too many times with these "studs" out of high school. I am not saying Tommy isn't worth the attention, but you can't have too much depth.

Actually irie, I say this. As a day one. as a Husker the potential and athletic potential as a QB I say Devin>>>TA. The kid(Fuller) is unreal as an athlete, yes much like Jamal Turner last year, and there is just so much more explosive potential than what you'd get with Tommy.

That being said I am also all for TA being part of the Husker Family. Two QBs is a pretty big must for the class with the recent attrition, but personally I just think the upside potential with Devin is so much more than with Tommy.

Actually irie, I say this. As a day one. as a Husker the potential and athletic potential as a QB I say Devin>>>TA. The kid(Fuller) is unreal as an athlete, yes much like Jamal Turner last year, and there is just so much more explosive potential than what you'd get with Tommy.

That being said I am also all for TA being part of the Husker Family. Two QBs is a pretty big must for the class with the recent attrition, but personally I just think the upside potential with Devin is so much more than with Tommy.

i agree.. my point is actually moot point as i have a feeling we would take both in a heartbeat... however seeing us already having TA might disway DF from coming here because i think we are recruiting TA as a straight QB just like we are DF...... so if he is the 'i fear competition' guy would he bail... but then again do we want that guy.. then again do we shot ourselves in the foot by doing this... so much to ponder...... i guess it just comes down to whatever happens happens.......

:LOLtartar

I can see this as well. My reasoning behind wanting Tommy is that he is a much more polished QB. But it really doesnt matter. When these guys get here TMart will be a Junior and they will have time to develop. They'll also have Carnes in front of them. Plenty of time to develop more as passers and not being rushed at all.