SIGNED QB Tommy Armstrong*

ADS

Saw some of his tape on BRWU last night. And from what I could tell I think this is exactly the kind of QB we want in our offense. He looked to have a very good arm with a natural looking delivery, and he is very serviceable as a runner. I feel we are going to be moving towards QBs more like this in the future. Passing has to be above average and first priority with a QB who can be serviceable in the run and option game second.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw some of his tape on BRWU last night. And from what I could tell I think this is exactly the kind of QB we want in our offense. He looked to have a very good arm with a natural looking delivery, and he is very serviceable as a runner. I feel we are going to be moving towards QBs more like this in the future. Passing has to be above average and first priority with a QB who can be serviceable in the run and option game second.

Aspeedlin and I have said the exact same. My concern with TMart's motion is that his elbow drops below his shoulder some of the time. Tommy's elbow is always nice and high. Some kinks in it, but nothing too drastic.

Speed compared him to Geno Smith. I think he is right on with that comparison.

Aspeedlin and I have said the exact same. My concern with TMart's motion is that his elbow drops below his shoulder some of the time. Tommy's elbow is always nice and high. Some kinks in it, but nothing too drastic.

Now that you bring it up it does look similar to Geno Smith. But i would say his delivery is ahead of Geno's already being tighter IMO.

EZ it is damn near impossible for Taylor's elbow to drop below his shoulder as more than half of his time his right shoulder is dropping below his sternum. By fixing this flaw in his mechanics he would be leading so many more open receivers, instead of having Kyler having to stop and and wait for the ball thus letting the DB regain the 10 yards he was beaten by.

As for TA, I see the Geno Smith, and if he can play at that level this guy will be very happy. However, I personally laugh at those that say DF's throwing is strokey. That guy probably ends up in a Jamal Turner type role, but I would not discount DF(if landed) as a passer.

EZ it is damn near impossible for Taylor's elbow to drop below his shoulder as more than half of his time his right shoulder is dropping below his sternum. By fixing this flaw in his mechanics he would be leading so many more open receivers, instead of having Kyler having to stop and and wait for the ball thus letting the DB regain the 10 yards he was beaten by.

As for TA, I see the Geno Smith, and if he can play at that level this guy will be very happy. However, I personally laugh at those that say DF's throwing is strokey. That guy probably ends up in a Jamal Turner type role, but I would not discount DF(if landed) as a passer.

:lol: That is true Paulie. He does drop down almost subarine style. This is such an easy fix as well. His feet are where it is as well. Fix his feet and his delievery would be worlds better. I like Tommy's delivery. Really think that he is probably going to step on campus and probably be the 2nd best passer on the team day one.

Saw some highlights on the local sports last night. Tommy Armstrong threw a pass completion for 55 yards, then followed it up with a 20 yard zone read untouched for a touchdown. #1 Steele 36, New Braunfels 16. The sportscaster also mentioned that Armstrong was Nebraska bound.

Link to local station showing some Tommy Armstrong highlights from 14 October game against New Braunfels mixed in with the high school football highlights from the San Antonio area. In the link, page down to Friday, October 14th and begin video. There is a short 10 second commercial. Tommy's highlights begin at about the 5:25 mark. It only shows two plays, Tommy running for 20 yard score and then running for about 65 yard score.

http://www.woai.com/..._1Fm4K0MHQ.cspx