SIGNED ATH Alonzo Moore

From 3 to 4 stars. That must mean he's 33% better than before!

I really hope we get him. I don't understand why our staff would ask prospects to keep their commitment secret. What interest does that further?

it has nothing to do with keeping it from other recruits. Those guys know who's on board and who's not. Fuller already knows what we plan to do if both he and Moore are on board. The reason the coaches have asked to keep thing on the down low has more to o with a few folks at a couple of scouting services trying to hurt our efforts. They've told some lies to a few kids or tried to push them to consider other schools with their questioning.

I really hope we get him. I don't understand why our staff would ask prospects to keep their commitment secret. What interest does that further?

it has nothing to do with keeping it from other recruits. Those guys know who's on board and who's not. Fuller already knows what we plan to do if both he and Moore are on board. The reason the coaches have asked to keep thing on the down low has more to o with a few folks at a couple of scouting services trying to hurt our efforts. They've told some lies to a few kids or tried to push them to consider other schools with their questioning.

Wow. We have a hard enough time recruiting. Now we have to deal with scouting service's trying to screw us too.

The reason the coaches have asked to keep thing on the down low has more to o with a few folks at a couple of scouting services trying to hurt our efforts. They've told some lies to a few kids or tried to push them to consider other schools with their questioning.

I've never heard anything about this... can you elaborate?

The reason the coaches have asked to keep thing on the down low has more to o with a few folks at a couple of scouting services trying to hurt our efforts. They've told some lies to a few kids or tried to push them to consider other schools with their questioning.

Makes sense. School's pay these service's to indentify recruits and stear them their way. Reason Oregon was being investigated.

There are at least two of the majors that have internal emails between their people that have stated their dislike for Bo and to not do him any favors when it comes to talking to players.

We are concerned because it’s very easy to come off as being part of the university with names like Husker Online, Big Red Report, etc. And when you start planting doubts in a player’s heads about their decisions or ask why in the world they would choose NU over XYU because of the offense we run, the depth we have, or the unwillingness of the coaches to change starters at that position it’s not cool. Or we have a kid committed and someone else offers and they call and say in a roundabout way "don't you think that new school is a better fit?" "Isn't NU a long way from home or cold or your parents will never come to a game, etc " Stuff like that. These kids know that these services talk to coaches and at most schools are buddy buddy so they assume the same is true at NU and the coaches aren't that high on them or giving them lip service. One player was told the coaches had cooled on him yet we had been in contact with his coach to call us and made all the NCAA allowed contact we could so it wasn't true. Not every player has a good set of people supporting him that can help him see through this BS. Its made the job much tougher when you're after the high profile guy that everyone wants.

There are at least two of the majors that have internal emails between their people that have stated their dislike for Bo and to not do him any favors when it comes to talking to players.

We are concerned because it’s very easy to come off as being part of the university with names like Husker Online, Big Red Report, etc. And when you start planting doubts in a player’s heads about their decisions or ask why in the world they would choose NU over XYU because of the offense we run, the depth we have, or the unwillingness of the coaches to change starters at that position it’s not cool. Or we have a kid committed and someone else offers and they call and say in a roundabout way "don't you think that new school is a better fit?" "Isn't NU a long way from home or cold or your parents will never come to a game, etc " Stuff like that. These kids know that these services talk to coaches and at most schools are buddy buddy so they assume the same is true at NU and the coaches aren't that high on them or giving them lip service. One player was told the coaches had cooled on him yet we had been in contact with his coach to call us and made all the NCAA allowed contact we could so it wasn't true. Not every player has a good set of people supporting him that can help him see through this BS. Its made the job much tougher when you're after the high profile guy that everyone wants.

Not doubting any of that, but I think in a way Bo has hurt himself. He has not handled the press very well and despite what anyone thinks of them, this is an example of what can happen if you take the stance Bo has. I don't think it is right, but I still wish Bo would at least try to play the game a bit better. Who knows, he could actually use them to his advantage for once. For instance, getting word that Diggs was wavering instead of being flored about his reversal. Everyone has to deal with tungsten they don't like in their job, it s a fact of life, those who learn to play the game on top of being good performers generally succeed.

• Fire 2

If this stuff is really going on then it might explain why we are having trouble locking in recruits this year. We truly have 9-10 guys high on us right now who have 5*, 4*, and high 3* ratings. We usually never have this many this late in the game... maybe the recruiting services did damage early and now we are trying to do major damage control late in the game to make up for it. IT sounds like our coaches are just killing themselves recruiting right now, wheras usually we only have 3-4 empty spots that play out this close to NSD.

Thanks for explaining. I hadn't heard anything about this.