What's your opinion of Lebron James?

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's pretty straight forward and the poll is open to interpretation - i.e. you can judge it solely on his basketball skills, his personality or both.

I don't love him or hate him. I think he's a great basketball player and there's really no denying that. Statistically speaking he could be better than Michael Jordan when it's all said and done. He won't become the brand that is Michael Jordan, but he could become just as great.

Most people didn't have a problem with him until he left Cleveland. Personally, I can't fault him for leaving. I can't fault a guy for wanting to go somewhere where he has a better chance of winning a championship, especially when Cleveland didn't add the pieces he needed to win a championship. He gave them a solid portion of his NBA career and he didn't get much done.

The only reason I knock him is because of The Decision. It was stupid and not a good choice in the least degree. And then he came out with a ridiculous commercial trying to defend himself, when in reality he didn't need to defend himself to anyone. He made his choice and, personally, I think it was the right choice to go to Miami.

Jordan was no angel, and neither is James. I think he's a great player with arrogance. But how many great players aren't arrogant at least a little?

• Fire 4

It's pretty straight forward and the poll is open to interpretation - i.e. you can judge it solely on his basketball skills, his personality or both.

I don't love him or hate him. I think he's a great basketball player and there's really no denying that. Statistically speaking he could be better than Michael Jordan when it's all said and done. He won't become the brand that is Michael Jordan, but he could become just as great.

Most people didn't have a problem with him until he left Cleveland. Personally, I can't fault him for leaving. I can't fault a guy for wanting to go somewhere where he has a better chance of winning a championship, especially when Cleveland didn't add the pieces he needed to win a championship. He gave them a solid portion of his NBA career and he didn't get much done.

The only reason I knock him is because of The Decision. It was stupid and not a good choice in the least degree. And then he came out with a ridiculous commercial trying to defend himself, when in reality he didn't need to defend himself to anyone. He made his choice and, personally, I think it was the right choice to go to Miami.

Jordan was no angel, and neither is James. I think he's a great player with arrogance. But how many great players aren't arrogant at least a little?

+1

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Also, I don't like Michael Jordan :)

Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time. He's also a prick. Google "Michael Jordan locker room quotes", for examples of this.

Lebron is a great talent, and becoming a better basketball player every day. He could be the greatest athlete the NBA has ever seen. He's nowhere close to being the greatest player (taking into consideration the intangibles such as work ethic, drive, determination, success, etc.) but his career is far from over.

With that being said, I don't really like the guy but I do pity him. When he came into the league he seemed totally likeable, knew his role and was a young kid excited to go after it. Every year got a little worse...as he got better, his ego got bigger, but really, it's not his fault. If your coach treats you like a king, letting you do whatever you want, and everyone constantly reminds you of how great you are, well, the same thing would have happened to any of us. The Decision was the culmination of this, and it was just plain ugly.

Lebron seems like a good enough guy, likes to have fun, is close friends with Dwayne and a lot of other guys on the team and in the league, and comes from a good enough background. Hopefully for him, he keeps being served lessons in humility so he can reach his true potential as a basketball player and human being.

• Fire 1

LeBron seems like a decent guy and actually doesn't seem all that arrogant for the superstar status he has. I think "The Decision" was a mistake but you shouldn't judge his character based on that one event and I think going to Miami to try to win a title was a great choice. He obviously wasn't getting the help he needed in Cleveland and so going to Miami was a smart choice plus not many superstars are unselfish enough to play with other superstars and make it work as well as he has.

Oh yeah...something I forgot to add. If he would have went to Miami but went about it better, with no 'The Decision', letting the Cavaliers know in time, etc., I think the move would be universally (with the exception of cleveland fans) applauded and heralded as a refreshing act of selflessness and humility, taking less money and going to be with his friends, wanting the rings and support more than individual accolades or whatever.

I was impressed he made that decision, just disgusted with the way he did it, but even he knows that it was retarded in hindsight.

• Fire 3

Oh yeah...something I forgot to add. If he would have went to Miami but went about it better, with no 'The Decision', letting the Cavaliers know in time, etc., I think the move would be universally (with the exception of cleveland fans) applauded and heralded as a refreshing act of selflessness and humility, taking less money and going to be with his friends, wanting the rings and support more than individual accolades or whatever.

I was impressed he made that decision, just disgusted with the way he did it, but even he knows that it was retarded in hindsight.

Good rundown.

100& agree

I stopped caring about the NBA in the early 90's when basketball just because lame. The Lakers/Celtics/76er's/Pistons teams back in the day were entertaining.

These fools playing now, have no heart. If their not flopping on the floor, they're toe hurts.

There are many players that play with heart. Just tonight, Dirk Nowitzki played with a torn tendon in his finger and made they game winning shot. Always humble. Always complimenting his teammates. And thats just one example. Derrick Rose is another example of a player with heart. And many more in the NBA. Just have to watch the right players.

I stopped caring about the NBA in the early 90's when basketball just because lame. The Lakers/Celtics/76er's/Pistons teams back in the day were entertaining.

These fools playing now, have no heart. If their not flopping on the floor, they're toe hurts.

There are many players that play with heart. Just tonight, Dirk Nowitzki played with a torn tendon in his finger and made they game winning shot. Always humble. Always complimenting his teammates. And thats just one example. Derrick Rose is another example of a player with heart. And many more in the NBA. Just have to watch the right players.

The truth is, like most things, it goes in cycles. The 00's were the "me" decade, focused on attention, self-centeredness, looking out for yourself and etc. It's gotten to the point where that has come and is starting to go, and the new generation of stars are those breaking the trend and seemingly showing real humility, joy for playing the game and other 'likeable' qualities, and this doesn't just apply to the NBA. Kevin Durant, Russel Westbrook, Derrick Rose, Suh, Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, Dwight Howard and others are all testament to this.

The hate for LeBron is stupid.

Was The Decision lame? Yes

Did he owe Cleveland anything? No

College Football fans should have loved The Decision. Isn’t that just like all of those Army All American kids pulling the hats out of the bags or the kids that hold press conferences to announce their college intentions? It is all their chance to be in the spotlight.

As far as Cleveland goes, would it have been nice for him to let them know that he wasn’t going there? Sure but he didn’t owe it to them. I know when I was younger I quit many a job without letting the employer know ahead a time. Also Dan Gilbert showed his true colors when he came out like a woman scorned afterwards. I’m sure that boob was a pleasure to work for. LeBron give Cleveland plenty of time to add pieces to the puzzle and they didn’t. Jamison, Mo Williams, Boobie Gibson, Drew Gooden aren’t going to get it done. It was time to move on and LeBron had earned the right to do that anyway he wanted. His contract was up.

I don’t remember which hater in the status update was saying how Carmelo wouldn’t have made a spectacle like LeBron did. Carmelo forced Denver into trading him before he even became a Free Agent (remember he signed an extension when Wade, Bosh, and James didn’t so he was under contract). He had been demanding a trade for awhile before they finally got something worked out. They knew he wasn’t signing with them so like a smart organization they got something for him instead of ending up with nothing.

Also if you stopped watching the NBA in the early 90’s then you missed some pretty good basketball. The Bulls 2nd 3-peat, Stockton/Malone, Pacers/Knicks on top of that The Rockets, Spurs, Pistons, Celtics teams that won championships were the ultimate examples of the word TEAM. The Lakers/Kings rivalry in the early 2000’s was one of the best in a long time.

That being said you really can’t compare anything to the “Golden Era” of the NBA (1980-1993) though. That is the NBA at its peak and anything fails in comparison.

The truth is, like most things, it goes in cycles. The 00's were the "me" decade, focused on attention, self-centeredness, looking out for yourself and etc. It's gotten to the point where that has come and is starting to go, and the new generation of stars are those breaking the trend and seemingly showing real humility, joy for playing the game and other 'likeable' qualities, and this doesn't just apply to the NBA. Kevin Durant, Russel Westbrook, Derrick Rose, Suh, Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, Dwight Howard and others are all testament to this.

I disagree about Westbrook. After watching him in the playoffs this year, he is a ballhog and threw a hissy fit and cursed his coach out for taking him out one game against Dallas. 100% agree with Durant. Very down to earth, humble guy. And also the other guys you mentioned.

I don’t remember which hater in the status update was saying how Carmelo wouldn’t have made a spectacle like LeBron did. Carmelo forced Denver into trading him before he even became a Free Agent (remember he signed an extension when Wade, Bosh, and James didn’t so he was under contract). He had been demanding a trade for awhile before they finally got something worked out. They knew he wasn’t signing with them so like a smart organization they got something for him instead of ending up with nothing.

James quit on Cleveland last year before the season ended. Anthony played his butt off every game for Denver even though he wasn't happy. If they wouldn't have traded him, he would have worked hard in every game til the end of the season.