Really this is a Husker shirt......LMFAO

you might see alot of out of state people wearing that crap but i doubt youll see many in staters wearing it!

It must be my out-of-stateness getting the best of me but if I ever see one of those in a store here in Omaha I am buying one, unless my in-stateness won’t allow me to. I have only been an in-stater for 11 of my 36 years so I’m assuming my out-of-state side will win out in the end. <_<:wacko:

I’m confused on what is so bad about this shirt? :dunno Is it because as Nebraska fans we are supposed to be above calling out any one opponent? If so we dropped the ball on that one a long time ago. This isn’t the first t-shirt to come out that has singled out one game. Also if you ask me It is better then any of the stupid T-Magic shirts or the retarded USC condom shirts that people wore when we played them in Lincoln or the always popular Got Frank shirts that morons were wearing 2004 or Corn Coast offense or Got Bo or Bofense or No Buff To Tough or the Camouflage Larry the Cable Guy crap. :madash

My problem with the shirt is that all of a sudden now that we've joined the Big 10, our main priority is beating Iowa? Really??? I know that this isn't a Nebraska licensed shirt but still why the hell whould anybody make this? Did an Iowa fan make this because they want this rivalry more than we do?

The shirt is stupid period. I've never seen a 'Beat OU' or 'Beat Oklahoma' shirts in my life but to have a 'Beat Iowa' shirt is laughable and embarrassing at the same time. I've seen 'Beat Texas' t-shirts which was reasonalbe because Nebraska had an intense history with Texas since joining the Big 12 and has become more heated within the last 2 years.

I bought a TMagic and Got Bo shirt because I'm showing my support of the coaches, that player, the team, and the University and would buy a thousand more of those shirts than buying a 'Beat Iowa' shirt. Buying a TMagic or Got Bo shirt is no different than buying a #93 jersey. Why make Iowa feel more important over other Universities like Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State.

One other reason why I won't buy this shirt is because I work with a ton of Hawkeyes fans and I don't want them to think that I care about beating Iowa more than any other team on the schedule. I don't want Hawkeye fans to think that they are that important where I have to go buy a shirt that reads 'Beat Iowa'

:restore:wasted:rant

• Fire 2

I think it is nothing more than close fan bases getting to poke a little fun. These are 2 of the most integrated fan bases in the western IA/eastern NE area. I can't even count on one hand fans of other schools besides ISU or Kansas in this region, so who would want a "Beat OU or Beat Penn St" shirt? No one would care...

Just think of it as a novelty item, like a Sam Keller Jersey :)

you might see alot of out of state people wearing that crap but i doubt youll see many in staters wearing it!

It must be my out-of-stateness getting the best of me but if I ever see one of those in a store here in Omaha I am buying one, unless my in-stateness won’t allow me to. I have only been an in-stater for 11 of my 36 years so I’m assuming my out-of-state side will win out in the end. <_<:wacko:

I’m confused on what is so bad about this shirt? :dunno Is it because as Nebraska fans we are supposed to be above calling out any one opponent? If so we dropped the ball on that one a long time ago. This isn’t the first t-shirt to come out that has singled out one game. Also if you ask me It is better then any of the stupid T-Magic shirts or the retarded USC condom shirts that people wore when we played them in Lincoln or the always popular Got Frank shirts that morons were wearing 2004 or Corn Coast offense or Got Bo or Bofense or No Buff To Tough or the Camouflage Larry the Cable Guy crap. :madash

big difference between calling out USC and calling out freaking iowa! USC is at or above our level whereas iowa is well below our level and thats not debatable.

on top of that it is a copy of a shirt that another teams fanbase has already come up with! how stupid is that?! at least those other shirts that you mentioned were original!

you already have people trying to steal the name of the iowa state vs. kstate rivalry game and now people are stealing a freaking shirt idea from freaking iowa state?!

• Fire 1

I don't get this whole Iowa thing. I've never lived in Omaha and I literally do not know any Iowa fans. I know they are the closest school in the Big 10 but to me they are no different than Illinois, Michigan State or Northwestern. Good football teams that occasionally over achieve and win 10+ games or even make it to a BCS game (and usually they get pummeled).

Whatevs :dunno

• Fire 1

big difference between calling out USC and calling out freaking iowa! USC is at or above our level whereas iowa is well below our level and thats not debatable.

on top of that it is a copy of a shirt that another teams fanbase has already come up with! how stupid is that?! at least those other shirts that you mentioned were original!

you already have people trying to steal the name of the iowa state vs. kstate rivalry game and now people are stealing a freaking shirt idea from freaking iowa state?!

I don't think that anyone has claim to the "BEAT X" shirt design... I have "beat Mizzou" and "beat Texas" shirts and they're years old... And if we're comparing program "levels," I think that Iowa is slightly above Missouri.

• Fire 1

[

big difference between calling out USC and calling out freaking iowa! USC is at or above our level whereas iowa is well below our level and thats not debatable. on top of that it is a copy of a shirt that another teams fanbase has already come up with! how stupid is that?! at least those other shirts that you mentioned were original!

Technical difficulty, I am betting it is quite debatable, pretty sure since like 2000 or so both teams have only had 11 win seasons twice. Like I said something got mixed up and I am having trouble pulling up some info, so I need to get that right before I am able to "debate" you on this. I would not "debate" history wise, we all know Nebraska has done more, but in more recent times, like since the time when most of the players were alive type times.

My point is in recent history (last 10 years or so) they are fairly close, therefore it is debatable.

The difference is that our lows are 5-7 and 6-6 years. Iowa's are 1-10 or whatever. A "good" year for Iowa is to play in a respectable bowl. A "good" year for Nebraska is to win the another championship.

Even in the last ten years, Nebraska's worst in 40 years, the programs are simply comparable. Over the course of history there is no comparison. We're talking the difference between Iowa and Ohio State or Michigan.

There is nothing wrong with Iowa. It is a fine school with a fine program. But it is not equal to Nebraska in any way, shape or form.

big difference between calling out USC and calling out freaking iowa! USC is at or above our level whereas iowa is well below our level and thats not debatable. on top of that it is a copy of a shirt that another teams fanbase has already come up with! how stupid is that?! at least those other shirts that you mentioned were original!

Better look closer. We all know that when a new coach takes over, it's like turning a page for the program. So lets start there 2008 N 9-4, 2009 N 10-4, 2010 10-4, two trips to the Holiday and one to the Gator, losing one Holiday.

2008 IA 9-4, 2009 IA 10-4, 2010 IA 10-4 with wins at the outback, insight and orange bowls.

Ok I know how some of you get all defensive and want to go back futher, so lets go back to when IA got a new coach. Since 99 both teams have only hit 11 win seasons twice.

Now I am not going to go back futher, we all know in the distant past Nebraska has done more than Iowa. I will say that since 99 (when Iowa got KF) they are fairly close, the difference is KF walked into a dismal program going 1-10 in 99 and 3-9 in 2000. So basicly it was a ground up build, where as Nebraska just never did have the problems recruiting that a program that far down did.

My point is in recent history (last 10 years or so) they are fairly close, therefore it is debatable.

We had Bill Callahan, therefore your argument is invalid. ;)

The difference is that our lows are 5-7 and 6-6 years. Iowa's are 1-10 or whatever. A "good" year for Iowa is to play in a respectable bowl. A "good" year for Nebraska is to win the another championship.

Even in the last ten years, Nebraska's worst in 40 years, the programs are simply comparable. Over the course of history there is no comparison. We're talking the difference between Iowa and Ohio State or Michigan.

There is nothing wrong with Iowa. It is a fine school with a fine program. But it is not equal to Nebraska in any way, shape or form.

Thats what I was saying from TOTAL history, no you cant compare. But then again, you cant compare when they played with leather helmets to today either. The landscape has changed. If your still thinking your golfing on the course that was 20+ years ago, you are not. To say Iowa is a fine program while admitting they have been comparable, is exactly the point I was trying to make. Nebraskas current program or program of the last 10 years is in your words, nothing more than a fine program. Thats ok, when your running a clean program and right on the cusp is better than having the troubles OH St is. So what I am saying is between IA and Nebraska it is a race to get over the hump, nothing more. As recent (10 years) shows niether has a large advantage over the other in being the first one there.

Thats what I was saying from TOTAL history, no you cant compare. But then again, you cant compare when they played with leather helmets to today either. The landscape has changed. If your still thinking your golfing on the course that was 20+ years ago, you are not. To say Iowa is a fine program while admitting they have been comparable, is exactly the point I was trying to make. Nebraskas current program or program of the last 10 years is in your words, nothing more than a fine program. Thats ok, when your running a clean program and right on the cusp is better than having the troubles OH St is. So what I am saying is between IA and Nebraska it is a race to get over the hump, nothing more. As recent (10 years) shows niether has a large advantage over the other in being the first one there.

a program is not made nor is it broken in a 10 year period. comparable records just indicate that you have had a few decent football teams recently but a program is a program is a program! a program is consistent success over a long period of time. when you think legendary programs you think USC, Alabama, Nebraska, etc. you dont think iowa. sorry they just arent on the same level.

iowa is on the same level as a missouri or a arizona and slightly above an ISU or a KSU.

• Fire 1