Could YOU cause NU to get ncaa sanctions?

Hypothetical: Could YOU cause NU to get ncaa sanctions?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's the hypothetical situation: Let’s say you went out drinkin with the buds after the big win over CU in 2008. Later that evening you’re passing by stadium on the way to the parking lot, and you happen to meet Ndamukong Suh walking to his car. He has a wadded up jersey with a couple of rips and black/gold scuff marks on it, and says, “Hey guy, you want a game jersey? $20 and it’s yours.” The parking lot is empty—nobody else in sight. Would YOU buy Suh’s CU game jersey?

Also: This is a HYPOTHETICAL. I’m not saying Suh would ever sell a jersey. I just use him because, well, how tempting would that be to have a Suh game jersey?

You're a better man than me, newearth. I honestly don't know that I could resist Suh's jersey for $20, especially if it was the CU jersey and I'd been out drinking, and the parking lot was deserted. I don't think I could resist it, but I'd be real sneaky about taking it.

You're a better man than me, newearth. I honestly don't know that I could resist Suh's jersey for $20, especially if it was the CU jersey and I'd been out drinking, and the parking lot was deserted. I don't think I could resist it, but I'd be real sneaky about taking it.

I would pay him the money in a heartbeat. That is if I actually had cash because I never carry cash anymore.

Same here - I'd say here's $40 because at $20 I feel like I'm ripping you off and you're much bigger than me. Not my job to keep Suh in good standing with the NCAA, and if I don't buy it the guy standing behind me would.

Don't confuse that with me being willing to seek out players on something like Facebook, build a relationship then exploit that for merchandise and the small bit of notoriety I'd gain by being "in" with the Huskers. That's an entirely different thing and I'd certainly not be a part of it.

I would love to pay $20 for his jersey but wouldn't because I wouldn't want that biting Nebraska in the arse in the end and then people hunting me down like I was Steve Bartman. I would give him my number and tell him once he graduates I'll buy it from him more that $20 worth.

I am assuming that most people "would" jump at the chance to buy this "hypothetical" jersey. I also believe that almost everyone of those people wouldn't even think about the possible consequences or that it was even a violation. Many fans are not well versed on every "Little" violation (including me)......... Now, if I truly knew that it was a violation, there would be NO WAY that I would risk putting the University of Nebraska, my alma matar, it jeopardy, but in most cases, we would all jump at little stuff like that.

Question: When I was in college, I shared an apartment with the starting LG.... let's say that "hypothetically", I let him use my car to get to practice, or maybe I happen to buy the beer or pizza many times..... in this "hypothetical" scenario, would I be putting the university in jeopardy?

• Fire 1

I am assuming that most people "would" jump at the chance to buy this "hypothetical" jersey. I also believe that almost everyone of those people wouldn't even think about the possible consequences or that it was even a violation. Many fans are not well versed on every "Little" violation (including me)......... Now, if I truly knew that it was a violation, there would be NO WAY that I would risk putting the University of Nebraska, my alma matar, it jeopardy, but in most cases, we would all jump at little stuff like that.

Very well said. This is where I'm at. If I knew it was a violation, no matter who the player or how little the cost, I would not do it.

Maybe its just me, but College Football is starting to feel a little on par with organized crime. except for Jersey and big hairy Italian dudes and bodies in the river and stuff. :lol:

Seriously though, money under the table, shady car and home deals, ticket scandals,academic infractions, the list goes on and on...

NU's equipment managers take the game used jerseys and wash them for the next game, why would Suh have his after the game?

I don't know if this is still the practice, but NU's equipment managers used to hold the players jerseys until after they graduated, then gave them to the players.

Back in the day, I waited tables at a Lincoln restaurant and I tried a few times to give a football player free/deals on food. I was a college kid that was completely ignorant of NCAA rules.

The players would always politely decline and I always wondered why, until now.