Student Section nickname

We don't need a name for our football section, all we need is what opponents have known for years, that this is one of the toughest places to play in all college football

So tough. . . please

Were Nebraska we don't need to name our student section. . . blah blah blah. Try having some fun

goddamn right

It would be cool though to have the students be known for something other then the greatest fans in college football

Personally I think that the "Sea of Red" is a pretty awesome nickname. Even though it doesn't distinguish the student section from the rest of the fans, I still think its cool that we have a stadium nickname that reflects the loyalty of the fan base. I don't think we need a different nickname for just the student section imo.

• Fire 3

Personally I think that the "Sea of Red" is a pretty awesome nickname. Even though it doesn't distinguish the student section from the rest of the fans, I still think its cool that we have a stadium nickname that reflects the loyalty of the fan base. I don't think we need a different nickname for just the student section imo.

Beat me to it. When you have the Sea of Red, it's hard to break it up and try and distinguish a student section. Doesn't need to be done.

Not to mention, singling out the student section will only reveal just how sh*tty the student seating is.

Beat me to it. When you have the Sea of Red, it's hard to break it up and try and distinguish a student section. Doesn't need to be done.

Not to mention, singling out the student section will only reveal just how sh*tty the student seating is.

Bay of Red marching band, Narrow of Red blue-hairs' thinking, Gulf of Red students, North Sea of Red north stadium, Bayou of Red Louisianans for Nebraska, Strait of Red opinion

It's been tried before, but unfortunately it never seems to stick. For example, a few years ago students thought it would be a great idea to do the "Black Hole" and have all the students wear blackshirts in the student section.

False. This was not the students' idea, and that name was never applied by anyone. In '08, the athletic department gave out a black t-shirt with the student tickets. Maybe half wore it to games, the other half wore the traditional red, which made the student section look like this weird black and red spotted mess. It was just a bad idea by the athletic department that resulted in that debacle.