Student Section nickname

Here were some suggestions submitted to Rittenberg.

Andrew from Bloomington, Ind.: I wanted to give a couple of ideas for what to name the Nebraska student section at football games. Red Tide (referring to the Sea of Red). The Bone Yard (referring to the blackshirts signature sign of "throwing the bones")

Verdict: I really like The Bone Yard. Some opposing fans might need a tutorial, but that doesn't matter. The Blackshirts and "throwing the bones" are big-time Nebraska traditions. But will the Huskers' offense feel left out?

Aaron from Omaha, Neb.: I'm thinking the big red's student section should be called "The Stalks". Just thought it sounded bad ass.

Verdict: Nice suggestion, Aaron. Can't go wrong with the corn connotation. I still prefer "Children of the Corn," but this could work.

Your Suggestions for B1G Student Sections

Pretty sure that when the new east upper deck is done the students will just be exiled there. Athletic department, blue-hairs, and boosters all hate the rowdy, disrespectful, student section shenanigans.

Of course, I thought home field advantage was in accordance with being loud obnoxious and "rowdy"

Not the "silent at the gun" perspective. I have alot of respect for those who have come before me, but dear god, if you want to watch the game leisurely then watch it in the basement of your house by yourself.

Nothing gets on my nerves more than hearing about the "blue-hairs" b!tch and moan about its too loud or that someone is standing up, in my opinion, everyone should be standing up anyway. Be Loud!

• Fire 1

I agree arrested. I am in the opposite end zone of the students and it drives me nuts that after kick off, everyone sits right down.

It's like going to a metal concert and standing on the side of a mosh pit and getting mad that people are pushing into you.

Pretty sure that when the new east upper deck is done the students will just be exiled there. Athletic department, blue-hairs, and boosters all hate the rowdy, disrespectful, student section shenanigans.

Of course, I thought home field advantage was in accordance with being loud obnoxious and "rowdy"

Not the "silent at the gun" perspective. I have alot of respect for those who have come before me, but dear god, if you want to watch the game leisurely then watch it in the basement of your house by yourself.

Nothing gets on my nerves more than hearing about the "blue-hairs" b!tch and moan about its too loud or that someone is standing up, in my opinion, everyone should be standing up anyway. Be Loud!

Me and a buddy got told to sit down at the big 12 championship. I turned around and laughed at them.

Man I like talking on this board, there is usually a lot going on here so I continue to visit and post even though I am a tOSU guy. That said...

I was very surprised to find out that Nebraska football doesn't have a student section name (one school I thought for sure would have one). However, the one at tOSU "Block O" is a bit of a pain in the ass. You have to apply to be in it and there are all sorts of rules that need to be followed including practices (at least when I was in school there). So it might not be a bad thing not to have one after all.

It is nice that at Ohio Stadium it is in the closed end of the stadium (or at least most closed end at this point), so when the visiting team is in the red zone on that end of the field it gets stupid loud, which is nice (again, it was at the closed end when I was in school which was before they added the permanent stands at the other end--it may have changed ends at this point)

Man I like talking on this board, there is usually a lot going on here so I continue to visit and post even though I am a tOSU guy. That said...

I was very surprised to find out that Nebraska football doesn't have a student section name (one school I thought for sure would have one). However, the one at tOSU "Block O" is a bit of a pain in the ass. You have to apply to be in it and there are all sorts of rules that need to be followed including practices (at least when I was in school there). So it might not be a bad thing not to have one after all.

It is nice that at Ohio Stadium it is in the closed end of the stadium (or at least most closed end at this point), so when the visiting team is in the red zone on that end of the field it gets stupid loud, which is nice (again, it was at the closed end when I was in school which was before they added the permanent stands at the other end--it may have changed ends at this point)

Thanks for coming back to the board its nice to have other fans around to make the talk more intersting. At frist i thought it was odd that we didnt have a name for our student section but the more i think about it the more i lean torwards liking not having one because of all the baggege it comes with. it nice to be in the big ten because we nebraska fans get to learn more about what this conf does and the more i read about it the more i like the fit and you better be ready come Oct 8 because its going to be a wild one.