New Gloves

I didn't read through all this so if this has been said already then I apologize, but NUequipment on Twitter already said that only blackshirts will be wearing these.

This is great news!! This could actually turn out to be very cool now, as long as they still throw the bones more often than they wave their hands, that is.

I think it is a great honor to The Blackshirts to be able to show that they've earned a blackshirt. It'll be good for fans of opposing teams too, as they will now have a distinction between The Blackshirts and 2nd stringers.... I've always wished that they would have a Blackshirt helmet-sticker or something to that effect for the actual Blackshirs, this will do though.

We use to have helmet stickers for the black shirts. If I remember correctly it was a coach who shall not be named in the previous era that got rid of them. But seeing how I was out of the country most of that time thankfully and can't remember much of it, so I could be wrong. Theres people here probably and i'm sure defenately could tell you when and why we got rid of those helmet stickers.

Yes near the end of TO's era the stickers were on the back of the helmets of those who had a Black shirt hanging in their locker. Yeah the dillhole did them away when "he took their practice jersey's away" as well.

I didn't read through all this so if this has been said already then I apologize, but NUequipment on Twitter already said that only blackshirts will be wearing these.

This is great news!! This could actually turn out to be very cool now, as long as they still throw the bones more often than they wave their hands, that is.

I think it is a great honor to The Blackshirts to be able to show that they've earned a blackshirt. It'll be good for fans of opposing teams too, as they will now have a distinction between The Blackshirts and 2nd stringers.... I've always wished that they would have a Blackshirt helmet-sticker or something to that effect for the actual Blackshirs, this will do though.

We use to have helmet stickers for the black shirts. If I remember correctly it was a coach who shall not be named in the previous era that got rid of them. But seeing how I was out of the country most of that time thankfully and can't remember much of it, so I could be wrong. Theres people here probably and i'm sure defenately could tell you when and why we got rid of those helmet stickers.

Yes near the end of TO's era the stickers were on the back of the helmets of those who had a Black shirt hanging in their locker. Yeah the dillhole did them away when "he took their practice jersey's away" as well.

If I remember right, this wasn't his idea, but Zac Bowman stepped up and gave his back because he felt he didn't deserve it in '07, and the rest of the players followed suit.

:facepalm: You gotta be kidding...someone sat around and actually came up with these, someone else actually was able to sell them to Nebraska, and someone at Nebraska actually bought them....two of the three should be fired....and the sales guy should be salesman of the year.

One word for these...STUPID! I can see the players running around now, with their hands put together so they can show off their gloves...forget about reaching out to grab someone, or the football. And how many more hands to the face penalties will this bring?

:facepalm: You gotta be kidding...someone sat around and actually came up with these, someone else actually was able to sell them to Nebraska, and someone at Nebraska actually bought them....two of the three should be fired....and the sales guy should be salesman of the year.

One word for these...STUPID! I can see the players running around now, with their hands put together so they can show off their gloves...forget about reaching out to grab someone, or the football. And how many more hands to the face penalties will this bring?

Do you actually think these will impact how our team plays? :facepalm:

You do realize they buy this stuff because the kids that might come here to play football like it, right? They aren't trying to cater to the aesthetic desires of the fanbase, especially not truckers, if your username is representative of you at all. They're catering to teenage kids, a lot of them african american and a lot of them really focused on how they look, all the time.

Would you rather have gloves (a very small part of a 'uniform' that isn't really focused on at all) be given a makeover or how about the jersey tops? I know people have wanted black jerseys for a long time, how about some pro-combat stuff? Calm down :)

Were you not a kid before and wanting the new "hype" type of stuff. Yeah, they might be 18, but still a kid a heart. If they are deciding between a couple of schools and the gloves are the deciding factor, then so be it (especially if they want to be a Blackshirt).

Just wondering what gloves the kids on specials team are going to wear? Are they going to switch gloves for xp or kick offs? chuckleshuffle

Also wonder what the glove to Tat exchange is going to be worth? Is it 4 gloves for one tat or higher? chuckleshuffle

I'm betting the first time Nebraska gets dinged for (glove celebration ;) ) that will be the last time Pellini allows them to wear them.

Is it September 3rd yet?

Anyway, the gloves are pretty cool, but I hope the players still throw the bones [although not AT opposing players, which would draw a flag] instead of hold up their gloves to connect the logo.

Doesn't matter if you do it at opposing players or not. Drawing attention to yourself is a flag. See KSU and Syracuse.

Thing about that KSU-game was that guys did that same thing all season long without it being flagged. With the game on the line of all times ref gets anal. We need to see more consistency and perspective in terms of what is excessive celebration or drawing too much attention to oneself.

Were you not a kid before and wanting the new "hype" type of stuff. Yeah, they might be 18, but still a kid a heart. If they are deciding between a couple of schools and the gloves are the deciding factor, then so be it (especially if they want to be a Blackshirt).

if it comes down to trinkets, the kid is most likely impressionable and not a real prospect.....can you imagine the interview?..."ah, yeah, i came to NU, so i could wear some cool gloves". :facepalm:

if it comes down to trinkets, the kid is most likely impressionable and not a real prospect.....can you imagine the interview?..."ah, yeah, i came to NU, so i could wear some cool gloves". :facepalm:

You must not deal with 18 yr olds that much. When I was a 1st Class in the Navy, you would be amazed at the stories I would hear for the reasons why they joined. One was because he liked the song in the commercial. As soon as he heard it, he went to the recruiters office and signed up. So yes, it could happen.

Do you actually think these will impact how our team plays? :facepalm:

Exactly...huge waste of money.