QB depth

If Bubba elects to go pro our Qb's look like this

Tmart,Carnes,Kellogg

Broekemeier (Probably the scout team guy for this year)

Turner - Could switch if there's injuries

I know Bronson Marsh would love a shot at QB given his past statements and background. I think the new offense would fit him pretty well. Even though he played safety in the spring and did a good job, in light of Cody's transfer I would love to see Marsh audition at the QB spot this fall.

In old parlimentary style.....What say you???

It's fairly rare for your #1 and #2 guys to have injuries. So if you believe that the job fell to CG because of injuries to TM and ZL, then don't expect this to happen again. And, even if it does, I have more confidence in RK3 than CG anyway.

The real issue is that #2 spot; that guy will get some snaps for sure. Carnes is a gamer; he has the mental factor that neither CG nor ZL ever had.

It's fairly rare for your #1 and #2 guys to have injuries. So if you believe that the job fell to CG because of injuries to TM and ZL, then don't expect this to happen again. And, even if it does, I have more confidence in RK3 than CG anyway.

The real issue is that #2 spot; that guy will get some snaps for sure. Carnes is a gamer; he has the mental factor that neither CG nor ZL ever had.

Don't forget Cody Green was injured for a little bit during the ISU game and Rex ran the Wildcat until he was cleared to come back in. So at one point our number 1, 2, and 3 QB's were injured. Thank god for Rex.

Not sure I agree with the last sentence. Let's hope he has spent his time since the spring game with his playbook. Tremendous athlete yes, gamer WAY to early for that at this level.

IMHO if Bubba goes somewhere else, and Martinez goes down, it is going to be a long, long, long rest of the season. Simply put, there is no real depth. :bang

???

Even if Bubba stays, he'll be third string at best. The kid's a tremendous athlete, but he's not going to be anywhere close to being ready to start until halfway through the season at the earliest.

We have better depth than last year, simply because we have somebody behind Martinez who is a good fit for the offense. Cody Green and Zac Lee were both nice players, but neither of them fit the offense, and we had to completely change our gameplan anytime either one of them came in. Carnes should be able to step in and operate the same offense as Martinez. We don't have Frazier and Berringer, but we've probably got more quality depth at QB than we've had for several years. The last time we had a backup who could step in and run the offense was probably 2007, with Ganz stepping in for Keller.

Methinks I have not stated my question very well. What I am wondering from Husker nation is....Should Marsh move to QB or stay at safety.

I wouldn't move him. What chance he has to be a player is at safety, as a qb he'd just be an emergency guy. While we have some concerns it isn't an emergency. If we run into significant injury problems then I'd consider moving him. I'd rather have Broekemeier in a game, I'd say he's more of a legit qb than Marsh. But we need somebody to give our guys a good look on scout-team and wouldn't want to burn his shirt unless we really have to.

For now we just have to sit-tight and hope for the best. Get our back-ups in for good reps and use some wildcat. TM is supposed to be running a little less this season, that should help.