Former Husker Heisman Winner Crouch drafted by Nighhawks

I think you have to view this as a business move as much as anything. The Nighthawks need to put butts in seats, so they apparently feel that Crouch can do that. He'll do it one of two ways - one, by being so good on the field that people are drawn to them as a winner, or two, by being a "local sports hero" who will attract fans from nostalgia alone.

Crouch's success in Omaha will depend entirely on what kind of offense they run. He's simply not a passing QB at the professional level, so if they're going to run a pro-style offense, he either won't start or won't succeed. Unless he's dramatically improved his passing game, that is.

Let a local hero get another chance to shine. Knapp is right, he will put butts in the seats, but as far as a publicity stunt goes, I think the Nighthawks are too young of a franchise to pull that off, these teams NEED guys who can play, washed up or not, they still play at a higher level than any of us could dream of. So I don't think they would just give Crouch a roster spot if they didn't think he could produce something.

He cant be any worse then Jeff Garcia was last year

are you serious?

Did you go to or watch any of the Nighthawks games last year? Yes I am serious. Besides the first game last year Jeff Garcia looked terrible.

23/40, 226 yards, 57.5%, 3 TD’s, 0 Ints in the First Game

109/215, 1095 yards, 50.6%, 7 TD’s, 11 Ints’s the rest of the season

132/255, 1321 yards, 51.8%, 10 TD’s, 11 Int’s for the season

He can’t be any worse then Jeff Garcia was last year

are you serious?

Did you go to or watch any of the Nighthawks games last year? Yes I am serious. Besides the first game last year Jeff Garcia looked terrible.

I didn't ask for Jeff Garcia's stats. Nor do I care how he did last year. I asked if you were serious that Crouch couldn't perform any worse as a professional level QB than Jeff Garcia. That's brilliant.

He can’t be any worse then Jeff Garcia was last year

are you serious?

I didn't ask for Jeff Garcia's stats. Nor do I care how he did last year. I asked if you were serious that Crouch couldn't perform any worse as a professional level QB than Jeff Garcia. That's brilliant.

I believe my statement was JEFF GARCIA LAST YEAR not Jeff Garcia when he was a quality NFL QB. So you should care about his LAST YEARS stats and his performance from LAST YEAR since that is what I was talking about. Jeff Garcia LAST YEAR did not play like a quality QB. Like I asked, did you actually watch or attend any Nighthawk games LAST YEAR when Jeff Garcia played? He was bad, borderline terrible.