Big Ten primer for Big Red

Hello, Nebraska!

Now that you're joining the 12-team Big Ten, nothing is going to make sense anymore. I know it doesn't for me. Growing up as a Colorado Buffs fan, we were taught that if Nebraska was playing Libya, we should be there with a giant poster of Moammar Gaddafi.

So why do we feel this weird need to help you switch over?

Because your state gave us Johnny Carson and Larry the Cable Guy. Besides, you kicked our butts to the state line every year and we're frankly glad to see you go.

You are joining one of the great football traditions in America, a fabric woven with sturdy football, passionate fans and the time-honored institution of selling your jerseys for tattoos. So here you go, Nebraska. Let us help you get the lay of the Heartland.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/6783415/rick-reilly-nebraska-big-ten-primer

Yes, you're relatively nice people. You never swear. You're devoted fans. But you represent a real threat. You could win a few titles someday and they aren't going to like it.

Also, those games at Memorial Stadium with the freezing rain and the howling wind and nothing around for 100 miles to hide behind but corn stalks? They're not fun. Put it this way: You're going to have LOTS of visiting team tickets to re-sell.

You know what might impress them, though? Your bowl record. You're 24-23 all time. You better knock that crap off.

In the Big Ten, that's just showing off.

Trying to make friends? lol

Hi, my name is Rick Reilly. I'm going to write a completely unnecessary article about Nebraska where I spew nonsense and rub salt in any wound I can create or imagine out of spite for all the times you demolished my alma mater. Please click on my column so I get a ton of hits, and then send me tons of hate mail so I can write another column about how you're not classy anymore.

Sincerely,

Rick

• Fire 3

I agree, I found it kinda funny also, but then again I'm a Husker fan but i'm not from Nebraska so I can definitely see how others might be pissed about it.

You didn't see it as a terribly transparent ploy to increase readership on his column? He laid it on pretty thick, don't you think?

I agree, I found it kinda funny also, but then again I'm a Husker fan but i'm not from Nebraska so I can definitely see how others might be pissed about it.

You didn't see it as a terribly transparent ploy to increase readership on his column? He laid it on pretty thick, don't you think?

I laughed at the article. To me it seemed like he was going for satire considering he was bashing on every team in the conference. I could be wrong.