Official HB Good Beer Thread

to everyone that has been posting in this thread: what do you like to drink during the summer? i like a good stout or dark beer, but not so much when grilling.

YES, I like to drink during the summer.............. oh, what do I like? Cold beer.

Seriously though, I prefer wheat beers, high hop IPA's, and pale ales in the warmer months.

I tend to go with Begians, darker low hop beers, and stouts during the colder months.

That's not to say I won't venture about anything at any time beer wise. IPA's are good all the time IMO.

BTW- Now I understand why so many of my relatives and friends in Nebraska seem to have endless supplies of Busch Light. I don't dislike it per se it's just that I don't pound em like the old college days so I try to save it for better stuff.

Totally with you on wheat beers for the summer. The easy to find standbys for me are Boulevard and Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. When its cold I don't want to be able to see through my beer if I pour it in a glass.

Six words; Odell Brewing- Lugene chocolate milk stout.

Ya gotta try it. Smooth and amazing. I'm not a huge stout fan.......or, I should say, I wasn't a huge fan until I had this liquid gold.

i never really liked stouts until i tried some really good ones. i found that when a stout is good, it is really good. when it is bad, it is about as bad as it can get. unlike ipa's, which are usually at least pretty decent.

Saw this today. The list of beers at Mariners' stadium

Here is the comprehensive draft beer list for Safeco Field as provided by the Mariners. In some instances, we only know the brewery and not the exact beer. Of course, in addition to the beers listed below, you will also find the usual suspects (Bud, Miller, Coors, Blue Moon, Stella, etc).
  • Alaskan Amber
  • Alaskan Pale
  • Alaskan Summer
  • Big Sky Moose Drool
  • Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat
  • Bridgeport IPA
  • Deschutes Mirror Pond
  • Diamond Knot ESB
  • Diamond Knot IPA
  • Dick’s Brewing, Dick Danger Ale
  • Elysian Brewing
  • Firestone Walker Brewing
  • Fremont IPA
  • Fremont Universal Pale
  • Full Sail Amber
  • Harmon ESB
  • Harmon IP
  • Leinenkugel (not sure which)
  • Mac & Jack (probably African Amber)
  • Manny’s Pale Ale
  • New Belgian Fat Tire
  • Ninkasi Brewing
  • Pyramid Hefeweizen
  • Pyramid IPA
  • Pyramid Seasonal
  • Red Hook ESB
  • Red Hook IPA
  • Red Hook Pilsner
  • Sierra Nevada Pale
  • Sierra Nevada Summer
  • Skagit Scullers IPA
  • Snoqulamie Falls Brewing
  • Widmer Drop Top

http://blog.seattlepi.com/washingtonbeerblog/2012/04/13/beers-at-the-ballpark-%E2%80%93-what-to-expect-at-safeco-field-this-year/

sd'sker . . . that really annoys me for some reason.

you do not have to be a beer snob to be insulted by it.

edit: i have never had batch 19, but it is pretty obvious that the big breweries are threatened by microbrews and craft beers. they are clearly trying to trick people into believing certain brands are micro with just some bs jargon. it is annoying.