***Rumor*** Looking for info

I think it's pretty telling that the guy trying to fuel most of this has a -23 reputation when you can't even give negative reputation anymore.

Wait, what? We have reputations here? I never know any of this stuff because I exclusively use the mobile site. I bet my reputation is awesome. Because I'm awesome, funny, intelligent, handsome, and very, very humble.

Sorry to tell you the Dude, but Knapp is way smarter, more handsome, and more humble than all of us put together. His reputation speaks for itself. chuckleshuffle:thumbs

I think it's pretty telling that the guy trying to fuel most of this has a -23 reputation when you can't even give negative reputation anymore.

Wait, what? We have reputations here? I never know any of this stuff because I exclusively use the mobile site. I bet my reputation is awesome. Because I'm awesome, funny, intelligent, handsome, and very, very humble.

Sorry to tell you the Dude, but Knapp is way smarter, more handsome, and more humble than all of us put together. His reputation speaks for itself. chuckleshuffle:thumbs

That's a given. Knapp knows what the ladies want.

T-magic just posted about his elbow via his twitter page: http://twitter.com/#!/TTM_3

screenshot

Even then, he could edit a screenshot...

Yea, but we can inspect the pixels to see if it's been photoshopped.

He's asking for a screen because you can't see the tweet in question.

Anyway, you can edit the page itself locally too.

I know. It was a joke.

500pxShopped.jpg

On these threads, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.....there have been what i thought were pretty ridiculous rumors that actually turned out to be true and the other way around. Most of the time we let them stand on here because of that chance it is true, if it's not we get a good laugh and move on... We are not a newpaper or a paysite where the so called "reputation" thing comes in. It's a free message board. We don't need sources, although if you want your credibility to stand you probably should have a source or don't be thread whore post nonsense.

GO BIG RED

• Fire 3

If you want "official statements" - check the university website. If you "don't want to hear about it all day" - it's called the back button, selecting a different thread, or just closing out your web browser.

OR, create a form requiring mod approval before a thread can be started.

I apologize if you are actually forced to read this, as I wasn't aware of folks being forced into such horrible situations.

This is akin to the dude at the theater who wants someone to be quiet, so he begins to SSSSSSHHHHHH loudly... makes no sense.

You act surprised that people are attacking the rumor and the people talking about the rumor.

Let me educate you on what happens on Huskerboard (and any other internet message board, for that matter) when it comes to rumors. Someone posts it, some people support it while others debate it. People call for proof, OP says "gtfo of my thread if you don't believe me" and then at least 50% of the time the rumor turns out to be completely unsubstantiated. Therefore, many if not most of the posters on this forum are going to attack anybody who comes on here and talks about rumors but has no way to back it up. Furthermore, the person posting about the rumor usually digs themselves a further hole by continually saying they know everything for a fact. Again, at least 50% of the time, even those people who know things as "fact" are proven wrong.

So, I'm not saying the rumor is or isn't true. But you should have realized by now that yes, people take post count and activity on the board as a sign of trust. If you don't like, too bad - that's how it is and has always been. People also have just as much right to come on here and debate people as they do to post rumors they heard. It's the lifeblood of a message board.

• Fire 4

If you want "official statements" - check the university website. If you "don't want to hear about it all day" - it's called the back button, selecting a different thread, or just closing out your web browser.

I apologize if you are actually forced to read this, as I wasn't aware of folks being forced into such horrible situations.

This is akin to the dude at the theater who wants someone to be quiet, so he begins to SSSSSSHHHHHH loudly... makes no sense.

You act surprised that people are attacking the rumor and the people talking about the rumor.

Let me educate you on what happens on Huskerboard (and any other internet message board, for that matter) when it comes to rumors. Someone posts it, some people support it while others debate it. People call for proof, OP says "gtfo of my thread if you don't believe me" and then at least 50% of the time the rumor turns out to be completely unsubstantiated. Therefore, many if not most of the posters on this forum are going to attack anybody who comes on here and talks about rumors but has no way to back it up. Furthermore, the person posting about the rumor usually digs themselves a further hole by continually saying they know everything for a fact. Again, at least 50% of the time, even those people who know things as "fact" are proven wrong.

So, I'm not saying the rumor is or isn't true. But you should have realized by now that yes, people take post count and activity on the board as a sign of trust. If you don't like, too bad - that's how it is and has always been. People also have just as much right to come on here and debate people as they do to post rumors they heard. It's the lifeblood of a message board.

And we have winner. :corndance

So, you're saying, if you want unmitigated bullsh*t,keep reading

you guys really think that people are going to come on here and post their sources when in some cases that could get their source in trouble either at their job or within the structure that gives them their free education?

i mean seriously would you rather no one come on here and post what they are hearing? Huskerboard is by far the best site on the internet when it comes to inside info about the skers and most of that comes from "rumors". and for the record, i do push this "rumor" because i have had more than 1 source tell me it is accurate but its nothing major and thats why you wont see this released in the news because it wont be released and no one will ever know for sure except the people on the team. just people trying to give you guys info, thats why you come to a message board, to get info so i dont really see the point in attacking these people. im not surprised by it, i just dont understand it.

• Fire 1

you guys really think that people are going to come on here and post their sources when in some cases that could get their source in trouble either at their job or within the structure that gives them their free education?

i mean seriously would you rather no one come on here and post what they are hearing? Huskerboard is by far the best site on the internet when it comes to inside info about the skers and most of that comes from "rumors". and for the record, i do push this "rumor" because i have had more than 1 source tell me it is accurate but its nothing major and thats why you wont see this released in the news because it wont be released and no one will ever know for sure except the people on the team. just people trying to give you guys info, thats why you come to a message board, to get info so i dont really see the point in attacking these people. im not surprised by it, i just dont understand it.

If it's not coming out from the team, who are you to give out their secrets? You're the guy telling everyone at the bar that their friends are having marriage trouble or they can't have a baby because your friend is shooting blanks. If you aren't on the team it isn't your secret to tell. You have a major problem in understanding if you can't figure that out.

• Fire 1

If it's not coming out from the team, who are you to give out their secrets? You're the guy telling everyone at the bar that their friends are having marriage trouble or they can't have a baby because your friend is shooting blanks. If you aren't on the team it isn't your secret to tell. You have a major problem in understanding if you can't figure that out.

Given that we already know Bo will lie through his teeth to the fans, media, etc. for no reasonable reason, I say yes. This was OUR (the fans) program long before he was every born or coached, but BO says its "his" now and clearly doesnt give a crap about fans. If he showed the "Fans" some respect and maybe he will get some back (same goes for the media). Now, I am a Bo supporter. I like him and want him to stay our head coach.... just wish he would stop the "Me against the world" attitude and play ball with the media and fans.

In short, once Bo actaully tells the truth and shows some respect to the fans, they wuill probably respect his "secrets" alot more. Until then, nobody will care.

You have to realize, to those of us who are more skeptical of these rumors, when you come on and say, "It did happen, but it's no big deal - in fact it's such a small deal it will never get reported on by the media and you'll never hear about it again except for on this site - but it is true," that sounds kind of ridiculous.

Anyways, I do think this kind of rumor thread is mostly entertaining. The rumor threads where a kid's character is attacked is another story.