Any of you guys have touble getting friends to go to Husker games?

We are all in Omaha and getting them to go to a bar to watch the game in Omaha is pretty much zero problem (except for one guy) but when it comes to getting them to go to Lincoln for a game, you think I was asking them to help me move my collection of pianos and anvils.

Anyone else have that group of friends?

The excuses range from ones that are okay: I want to watch it at home with my son, dad, whatever.

To terrible: I dont like crowds or I hate going

My family is RED and so are my friends. Why hang with anyone else? Your friends sound like the people in Omaha who have never been to the zoo or a College World Series game. You have my sympathy.

T_O_B

:bigredn:

Were they born that way or do they have an infection? :lol:

We are all in Omaha and getting them to go to a bar to watch the game in Omaha is pretty much zero problem (except for one guy) but when it comes to getting them to go to Lincoln for a game, you think I was asking them to help me move my collection of pianos and anvils.

Anyone else have that group of friends?

The excuses range from ones that are okay: I want to watch it at home with my son, dad, whatever.

To terrible: I dont like crowds or I hate going

That's sad to hear. If I lived closer I would down to go EVERY SINGLE TIME!!

My order of preference: Watch the game in Memorial Stadium, watch it at home, then watch it at the bar.

The drunks at the stadium and at my house are much more enjoyable to be around than the drunks at the bar during the game.

That sucks, teachercd. I wish I, too, lived closer, or my family would have season tickets and be there every home game.

If anything, I've got my family used to going to games weekly via the North Texas Nebraskans (Cape Buffalo), so if we ever move back to God's country...

Friends are really a problem, but getting my kids to go is kind of a pain. When I was their age (teenagers and 11), I would beg my grandparents to take me to a game, now that I have season tickets, it's almost like punishment to get them to go, but technically it is, because I make them drive me home after I've done the pre and post game tailgating.

It is sad to here!

Worst part? They all went to UNL! Well except for one of them.

Second worst part, I usually get free tickets.

Easy solution. You many new friends here. I have tickets for most games, but I would probably hang with a good group of guys on this board at a game. They just have to fill me up with alcohol so I could tolerate them :corndance