***Official Preseason Polls Thread***

GSG

Do you think having 10 coaches in the Big12 w/ a serious bias against us could end up hurting in the BCS rankings? If there are 3 undefeated teams and Nebraska is 1 of them...there's not a single (maybe Gill) coach in that conference that is going to rank us in the top 2. Having what...10% of the leagues coaches automatically putting you third doesn't really help.

I don't think there's any chance an undefeated Nebraska doesn't make it to the national championship game. The program has too much respect nationwide for 10 votes to keep us out of it.

OU 01' mean anything, these people are clueless. They got Michigan at #25.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Nebraska-Cornhuskers-ranked-No-24-in-college-football-news-preseason-Top-25-080611

That’s the last time Nebraska won something that actually mattered.

Here’s Nebraska’s problem, and this holds especially true for anyone who remembers when the program was Nebraska; if the team couldn’t dominate the Big 12, why are things going to be any better in the Big Ten?

WTF, who they foolin'

To understand this ranking, click HERE.

Exactly what I was going to say Knapp. We should be around 15-11, but 24 is way too low. That was the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title.

You could make an argument for how we finished the season, but the team did not show up or care in the Bowl game, guys weren't buying into the offensive game-plan, and injuries took a toll on the team. But it's mostly the TV/Big XII agreement.

While I feel 24 is obnoxiously low, he does address some real concerns of our team. There is a lot of fall camp hope and excitement, but reading that really did sober up my kool-aid vision. The penalties of last year are completely unacceptable, questions on the offense, loss of Marvin Sanders, and in the secondary are questions we must answer. It feels like we are on the cusp of greatness, but let's wait and see. Either way, I'm ready to start this season already.

I guess I have a problem with a "columnist" who has absolutely no Bio. The stuff I have read from this blogger called columnist is he bashes everyone. We should have a contest to see who can find out what College or University he attended or what qualifies him to rate teams, all I find is he lives in Chicago and is a contributing "Publisher" with CollegeFootballNews.com. Much like we are contributing to this board. Good luck and I agree 11-15 it about where I see them too.

the lower we're rated in the pre-season polls the better.

The BCS. You do not understand it.

I understand that this team plays better when they're the underdog. I'd rather they win every game and not make it to the national championship than lose because they're rated #1 and people expect them to win. I contend that psychology is 50% of the game when the players are 18-22.

In addition to that, after beating Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Iowa, I don't care what we were rated in the beginning. I don't see us being left out. Part of it is name brand. If it was a team like Northwestern or Purdue they may end up rated #3 because they don't have a brand. They are not going to leave out Nebraska.