Am I missing something? (Washington Game)

True, STL, but ISU had a few players, and A LOT of calls were just blatantly horrible. With better officiating, we walk away from Ames winning by at least 2 TDs. There's no reason why we shouldn't shut UW down and run up and down the field like we did last Sept. And we better, for pete's sake. I DON'T wanna hear anymore crap from my in-laws in Seattle.

If we simply stated that we could get beaten in every game, what would we talk about? There are certain givens in these conversations, and one of them is that we can lose any game we play. It doesn't have to be brought up like everyone's missing some crucial thing.

Every single thread about every single game could be, "We might win but we could lose, because on any given Saturday...."

What would the point of talking football be if every thread was like that?

I +1'ed your post so hard I broke my finger.

I'm off to the "Fall Camp Injuries Thread" to post an update.....

I was listening to the local ESPN station with Brock Huard (ex-Husky QB) and Mike Salk while they were doing a Husky preview show while I was walking around Lake Washington. I was taking a break from doing some design work and like to clear my head with ESPN sports radio over something like Pandora.

They were predicting 8-9 win Husky team and were certain that the Huskies will go into Lincoln and come back with a win. They were using words like "should" and "will". I know the Husky team is growing up, but they also lost their best player in Locker. Their strength of running the ball matches up with the strong Huskers front and their weakness of their defense does nothing but help the Husker offense.

Living out here I don't get much Husker news except for what I can see on the forum, ESPN, and Omaha.com, but I just don't see how the Husky media can be that confident going against my Huskers.

Am I missing something?

The one thing you're missing is that the strength of Washington this year will be their running game, and we were not so good against the run. Last September they featured Locker as a pocket-passer and tried to beat us through the air, and we beat him like a drum. In the bowl game Polk ran for 177 yards, so the prevailing wisdom is that if they could run on us then, they'll run on us again in Lincoln.

Add to that Keith Price, whom they're billing as a "dual threat" QB, along with returning senior Jermaine Kearse at WR, and the Huskies believe they have the weapons to move the ball on us again.

Sarkisian is an offensive guy, so they have confidence that he'll continue to develop and grow their offense into a respectable, productive unit.

The Blackshirts need to come out and show these guys that the Holiday bowl was the fluke, not the September game. If we can get in the head of Price, making his second career start away from home, we'll be able to beat these guys.

If the Husker offense is even remotely better than they were last year, we could bury them again.

I agree...I think that NU is already aiming to create a more run-dominating defense for what they'll potentially face in the Big 10. If Evans can help Dennard lock things down in the secondary, it will make it much easier to shut down the run game. And add that our players should still be really pissed about the bowl game, and it is being played in front of 85,000 fans who are equally pissed about the bowl game, and it at least looks like a no-brainer on paper. But that's why they play them.

If we simply stated that we could get beaten in every game, what would we talk about? There are certain givens in these conversations, and one of them is that we can lose any game we play. It doesn't have to be brought up like everyone's missing some crucial thing.

Every single thread about every single game could be, "We might win but we could lose, because on any given Saturday...."

Good point we wouldn't have anything to talk about. Unless we acted as Raider fans and talked about how we hope we can win or at least show up on Sunday lol.

This game I'm not to worried about. Their roster has 6 qb's listed 3 freshmen, 1 redshirt freshmen and 2 sophmores. We are their 3rd game of the season and 1st away of the year. Theres very few places you can concider harder to play an away game then in Lincoln. It will be even worse being a sophmore and more than likely first away start of your career.

I think it will be a close game, I don't see it as a cakewalk. Sark is a good coach and seems tough to figure out when it comes to play calling. He also seems to be a good motivator.

That being said, I thought NU would have a tough time with them in Seattle last year and I thought NU would blow them out in the bowl game, shows what I know!!!

What does Vegas say? What is the line? I know, I know, the line doesnt mean blah blah blah.

Good point we wouldn't have anything to talk about. Unless we acted as Raider fans and talked about how we hope we can win or at least show up on Sunday lol.

This game I'm not to worried about. Their roster has 6 qb's listed 3 freshmen, 1 redshirt freshmen and 2 sophmores. We are their 3rd game of the season and 1st away of the year. Theres very few places you can concider harder to play an away game then in Lincoln. It will be even worse being a sophmore and more than likely first away start of your career.

Price started at Autzen last year when Locker was injured, a 53-16 beatdown that I would love to repeat.

Raiders fans don't judge victories based on wins or losses...they judge by how many opponents' fans they can assault in the restrooms each game.

Price started at Autzen last year when Locker was injured, a 53-16 beatdown that I would love to repeat.

And Autzen is 1000x harder of a venue for a traveling team to play. Especially for a young QB making his first start. Makes Memorial seem like bingo night at the Senior Center, oh wait that is pretty apt for the North Stadium

And Autzen is 1000x harder of a venue for a traveling team to play. Especially for a young QB making his first start. Makes Memorial seem like bingo night at the Senior Center, oh wait that is pretty apt for the North Stadium

You mean the North Stadium that caused a false start by a Missouri lineman during the third-quarter goal-line stand last year? I seem to remember walking out of most games hoarse as hell.

You must sit in a different North Stadium than I sit in. ;)

I think we will win and I would put money on it, but weren't we saying the same thing about Iowa State last year. We were laughing at them for thinking they could beat us again after our 8? turnover game. I know they didn't end up beating us, but they were one well executed play away from doing it, and I think Washington has a better team. Let's not get too arrogant to believe that there isn't a chance we could lose.

I answer that by saying...Remember when third string quarterback Rex Burkhead played?