SI.com predicts NU to win Big Ten

I think some people are looking at this with their eyes wide shut. We will have some very difficult games in hostile places, we will show up but so will the rest of the Big Ten Teams we face. Nothing would please them more than to beat the new kid and give us a COLD Welcome. I see us having a good year but will not be suprised if we get smacked a couple of times.

We have a team with a history of not showing for certain games. All this positive pub, plus the coaches seeming to be more vocal than in the past makes we worry about this year. The kids start to believe the press and we could have problems. I see us losing several games this year, I am worried about us stopping the run, and I am worried about Wisconsin just flat running over us in the ground game.

The Wisconsin game will tell us where we are and how far we will go.

I never go into a season thinking we are going to win everything, but this year I have more reservations than ever before.

I think there's a perception among the press that the Big 10 is indeed weaker overall than the Big XII, but they don't care to mention it as the Big 10 butters their bread.

Gary D. from the BTN seemed to imply that Nebraska, on defense alone, is stacked enough to run the table and considered us an 'elite' team, and he had high praise for our RBs.

I think just on defense and running game alone, 10-2 for our first year in the Big 10 is a reasonable assertion. Possible loss to Wisconsin, and perhaps Michigan or Penn State down the road (when we've historically had our lapses).

We just need our offense to prove to us that they can get at least a mediocre showing. A lot of us are uncertain because the last few years our offense has crapped the bed in numerous games. Our defense is pretty stout and I think we'll do very well on that side of the ball, we just need our offense to come out every game and do their job with the least amount of mistakes they can. I'd love to say that I have faith in our offensive side of the ball, but they haven't proven they are able to be consistent the last few years, and this year we have a new OC. I would love to be proven wrong, trust me.

There is something about all this attention that's getting to me. i just don't see how we are going to go through this conference this easy.

I agree with you Eric. But i also drank the kool aid and laid a grand down of the skers. I look at the preseson rankings and the big 12 is actually a stronger conference this year. I see only one game that we are the underdogs in and I still cant on paper figure out who we lose to. Then again who knows how many times offense will fumble the ball deep in our territory. I really want to say nebraska runs the table. I think this is the year for it to happen. Gulp the kool aid was great there.