Wedding Receptions

I have been sitting through a lot of painful receptions lately and I got to thinking. What ever happened to music and dancing? It's lame game after lame game. Awkward speech after awkward speech. 20 different family dances while the rest of us commoners sit there. The nerd DJ doesn't even start playing music until everyone has left.

I went to a wedding outside of Sewer City this summer where some aunt/uncle hosted in a 'Roast' type setting. They told horrible jokes the whole time. It was great for the story, but just plain strange.

Is it just me, or is there so much BS piled into receptions anymore that they never get to the music?

I have been sitting through a lot of painful receptions lately and I got to thinking. What ever happened to music and dancing? It's lame game after lame game. Awkward speech after awkward speech. 20 different family dances while the rest of us commoners sit there. The nerd DJ doesn't even start playing music until everyone has left.

I went to a wedding outside of Sewer City this summer where some aunt/uncle hosted in a 'Roast' type setting. They told horrible jokes the whole time. It was great for the story, but just plain strange.

Is it just me, or is there so much BS piled into receptions anymore that they never get to the music?

i here ya.. .weddings are epic or they suuck hard... i made sure we had a DJ who was rad and played music we wanted to here instead of his own sh#t.. but me and him were already on the same page which was cool....

anyways we only had like two speeches.. one from the bestman and bridesmaid... and they everyone danced and danced and got load... lots of fun.. weddings where no one dances are uncomfortable...

I was just talking about this to the wife to be. I basically told her there wont be the "wedding party" dance, because frankly I cant dance and I doubt any of my groomsmen would be willing to shake it down either. Give us a song to tap our toes too and we are good.

The last wedding reception we went too..... we left before dark it was pretty lame. Unless you know EVERYBODY at the reception than I really dont feel the need to even go to weddings anymore.

There will be a very large amount of dancing at my wedding, and I will be making the playlist myself. My wife is probably going to get annoyed when she keeps wanting to leave and spend the night together and I'm busy tearing up rug.

Isn't that what you're supposed to do to her anyway?

There will be a very large amount of dancing at my wedding, and I will be making the playlist myself. My wife is probably going to get annoyed when she keeps wanting to leave and spend the night together and I'm busy tearing up rug.

Isn't that what you're supposed to do to her anyway?

Ha! I was gonna go with "damn! Your gal is SUPER open-minded."

But you were faster. And a little cleaner.

Edit: I'm not sure you were cleaner, now that I think about it.

it's like a competition of who can be the most"weird". Just get some pulled pork, whisky, Pabst, and a stereo. As long as you have these items and can get some of the wedding party to sleep together, everyone will have a blast for under a grand.

Those are my thoughts exactly..... already got pulled pork on the menu.

Last time I was at a wedding (best man), I remember drinking a couple bottles of champagne, about 12 rum & cokes, and a handful of shots.

Then I woke up in someone's spare bedroom, fully dressed with massive headache and skinned knees and hands. Apparently I fell out of truck trying to go inside :lol: