WRs fight to the opener for PT

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_ed2037ed-ac35-5775-9883-e6175e006b68.html

Huskers' wide receiver race to go down to the wire

Tim Marlowe couldn't name the top four wide receivers on Nebraska's depth chart.

He's not withholding information.

He just doesn't know.

For that matter, neither does his position coach, Rich Fisher.

And for another week and a half, Fisher says he won't have any answers.

"Every single rep counts," said Fisher, in his first season coaching NU's wide receivers, "and we're going to wait until the last minute and make a decision."

In the meantime, Fisher is watching closely.

Who's understanding the plays? Who's lined up correctly? Who's executing? Who's consistently producing?

"I'm not going to play potential," Fisher said. "I'm going to play productivity."

Senior Brandon Kinnie is the only returning receiver with significant experience. The looming question mark throughout fall camp has been who will be on the field with him, or in place of him, if needed.

"I know people are always saying we don't have much experience," Marlowe said. "But we have a lot of depth, and we're going to use all of our speed and all of our depth to make some plays out there on Saturdays."

Fisher wasn't here, but he believes he can surmise why the 6-2, 210-pound Enunwa didn't produce more.

"Confidence," Fisher said. "He came in as a true freshman last year, and I think he backed up a guy that, in his mind, it got to the point where he probably felt like he was never going to get on the field unless a guy needed a blow or got hurt.

"Maybe his competitive juices weren't what they should be, knowing that he wasn't going to play."

I am so stoked about Fish. I think he understands how to handle this dynamic and motivate his group. It is so good to hear that the receivers are all battling for playing time right now. I think we could be poised take a big leap here...although it will be all up to the QB and OL for that to shine through.

And

Fisher has a punishment for those who drop passes. He didn't get into detail, but Marlowe said there's a lot of running and whistle blowing involved for the whole unit when one player drops a pass.

"Let's put it this way: We've got a penalty system in place, and they don't like the penalty system," Fisher said. "We're not doing a whole lot of it, which means we're doing what we need to in practice."

Hellls yeah!

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_ed2037ed-ac35-5775-9883-e6175e006b68.html

Huskers' wide receiver race to go down to the wire

Tim Marlowe couldn't name the top four wide receivers on Nebraska's depth chart.

He's not withholding information.

He just doesn't know.

For that matter, neither does his position coach, Rich Fisher.

And for another week and a half, Fisher says he won't have any answers.

"Every single rep counts," said Fisher, in his first season coaching NU's wide receivers, "and we're going to wait until the last minute and make a decision."

In the meantime, Fisher is watching closely.

Who's understanding the plays? Who's lined up correctly? Who's executing? Who's consistently producing?

"I'm not going to play potential," Fisher said. "I'm going to play productivity."

Senior Brandon Kinnie is the only returning receiver with significant experience. The looming question mark throughout fall camp has been who will be on the field with him, or in place of him, if needed.

"I know people are always saying we don't have much experience," Marlowe said. "But we have a lot of depth, and we're going to use all of our speed and all of our depth to make some plays out there on Saturdays."

Don't care who they are....just catch the ball

The best coaching staff move Bo made since coming here is getting rid of Gilmore. No more laziness from Gilmore as a coach and recruiter. No more having a group of unmotivated players in practice and in games. No more politics, games, and butt kissing to get in Gilmore's good graces for potential PT.

:corndance - was exactly what I did when I found out Gilmore was gone.

Now if a certain offensive line coach who will not be named would leave as well, I would dance twice as hard. Good luck guessing which OL coach I mean since we have 4 of them. ;)

Really looking forward to seeing what the wr's can do this year under Fisher and Beck. Do they young guys really flourish in the new scheme? Do we see playmaking and explosiveness? Do we consistently catch the rock? Season can't get here soon enough.

1 week and 2 days brother. It's going to be a long week. Just hope i'll be able to see that game on the BTN.

It seems more times than not that this is an indication that we have a weak group of players. While it should mean the competition is wide open and everyone is kicking ass, it usually means that nobody is really standing out.

I hope I am wrong. But WR is obviously a big question mark this year, and for good reason. I can't wait to see how these guys progress through the first few games. We have a lot of young skill position players that need to see some significant action before B1G Conference play starts.

Im concerned, BK is our only established WR, all the rest are unproven and young.

Kyler Reed will be huge for us this year.

Well, it can't get much worse than last year's Texas game.

This is why I don't get the concern. Obviously I could be wrong, but I really don't see it getting worse than last year just because they're "unproven." Give me unproven any day over someone who has "proven" that they drop or fumble the ball every 6 times they touch it. I know it can get worse, I just find it unlikely.