Why memorial doesn't exceed 100,000?

Pretty basic information and idea.. However, i think the writer might be wrong. They(TO) didnt want to take this expansion to 100,000 because he ahs concerned as any about the sellout streak. It is a pride thing and so they will bring us to 91,000 and see if ticket sales falter at all. If they stay strong i would assume you will see 100,00 by 2020 the latest.

As of now, i want them to make East stadium more like west(basically what they're doing) and make south stadium more like north.

Given what an institution the Huskers have been in college football, it feels odd to compare their soon-to-be 91,000-seat stadium with Michigan’s 109,000-seat home or Ohio State’s 104,000-seats digs.Given what an institution the Huskers have been in college football, it feels odd to compare their soon-to-be 91,000-seat stadium with Michigan’s 109,000-seat home or Ohio State’s 104,000-seats digs.

I wonder why they didn't mention Penn State. Beaver Stadium seats over 106k.

T.O knows how long the waiting list is and what the demand is. They aren't going to over expand their demand. You can only go so big in a state that has 1.5 mil. Plus sky boxes generate more revenue than benches so that cuts into it as well. I think this is the end of expansion IMO ... law of diminishing returns.

As of now, i want them to make East stadium more like west(basically what they're doing) and make south stadium more like north.

Uh what? By adding a screen or what? Cuz they're nearly identical.

I think he means with the seating, sky boxes, and a screen. Also, under the seats the south is still old and unchanged. The north is really sweet now in the concourse connecting the east and west.

They(TO) didnt want to take this expansion to 100,000 because he ahs concerned as any about the sellout streak.

I hope that's not true. Because after all I've been hearing about your fan base, that would be kind of a lame excuse. Especially since you joined the land of the 100,000+ stadium.

They(TO) didnt want to take this expansion to 100,000 because he ahs concerned as any about the sellout streak.

I hope that's not true. Because after all I've been hearing about your fan base, that would be kind of a lame excuse. Especially since you joined the land of the 100,000+ stadium.

I actually am ready for the streak to end and think it will happen due to some tragic event...(mother nature or war or a return of Steve Pederson). I can say that because I am old and no one will break the streak while I am alive.

I take the sellout streak with a grain of salt anyway. There have been a couple of games where some corporate entity bought up unsold tickets to keep the streak going. There were actually a few games where you could see a few blank seats in the upper rows. So for me that takes the edge off a bit but on the other hand being short a couple of hundred tickets of a true sellout didnt diminish the fact that there were 80K there. Stadium still looked full.

As far as fan bases, IMO people are people and our fanbase is not much different than any other. I think the difference comes from circumstances such as the momentum that the program has, the fact there is not much to do in Nebraska and a rural type mindset where loyalty to community is part of the culture. Just my opinion. I don't think think these are bad things and I fit all these categories so this is my perception however ill conceive it may be.

I actually am ready for the streak to end and think it will happen due to some tragic event...(mother nature or war or a return of Steve Pederson). I can say that because I am old and no one will break the streak while I am alive.

That's the thing though. I hear about how all you Husker fans travel well and create the sea of red. I find it hard to believe expanding the stadium would take out the demand for your team.

The only reason Ohio State (and I can only vouch for them and not Michigan or Penn State) doesn't have a sellout streak is because the first two games are before students even show up on campus.

I thought I heard this was the last the time the stadium would be expanded. That structurally it was at its limit.

Could be wrong.

I would like to see it be more modern overall. The west is quite nice, but the east and the south end needs some work. I think that is what is going on with the latest upgrades. I have not seen any of the additions so really have no idea.

Had planned on being back for Wisconsin and Ohio State, but have to have a total knee replacement the Friday before Ohio State so will miss the trip this year.

I think the stadium is big enough. It is not like more visiting team fans would get in anyways.

I take the sellout streak with a grain of salt anyway. There have been a couple of games where some corporate entity bought up unsold tickets to keep the streak going. There were actually a few games where you could see a few blank seats in the upper rows. So for me that takes the edge off a bit but on the other hand being short a couple of hundred tickets of a true sellout didnt diminish the fact that there were 80K there. Stadium still looked full.

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. As has been discussed in length in the Sellout Streak thread, all seats are sold to season-ticket holders, and have been since the early 70s. The fact that people didn't show up doesn't mean the tickets weren't sold, it means the people who bought them didn't come to the game. That has nothing to do with a sellout streak.

Since we've been selling the entire stadium to season-ticket holders for the past four decades, I don't know where you're getting the idea that corporate entities had to buy up unused seats to keep the streak going. Can you better explain that?