Do we have a prayer?

This is a team that can take advantage of the rare underdog on the road psychology and put together a brilliant plan with focused execution and beat Wisconsin.

Then lose the next week to Ohio State.

And maybe later to Northwestern in a game where they appear to forget everything they learned.

They're just too young and inexperienced as a unit right now to be consistent, much less master their swagger. But if they show improvement - like the O line pulling together this week - they can have a good season this year, leading into a great season next year.

Wisconsin is overrated

Perhaps.

But NU is wildly over rated.

I see Wisconsin scoring between 34-48 points and the Huskers somewhere between 14-24 points. The closest we can expect would be a 10 point differential --- and a worst-case scenario is we lose by 35 points or so. I see it somewhere in between, maybe 34-17 or 37-20 or so.

Of course I will root for a win and hope for the best... but I expect this to be somewhere between a solid Wisconsin win and a Wisconsin blowout.

Some intangible positives: we do always seem to kick it up a notch when we're on the road, and we play to the level of our competition.

Sucks when we play non-cons at home, but hopefully those facts pan out in the players next saturday.

I agree that we do kick it up a notch on the road --- we will need to! We need to kick it up 3 or 4 notches!

Honestly I do not think Wilson's passing ability will be the killer for us. I think it will be his feet. Many people forget that Wilson has some speed, because he hasn't had to show it yet. I think there will be plays where the secondary does their job but Wilson will escape the pocket and kill us on those 8-15 yard gains. This has always seemed to be a downfall of pelini's defenses. I am trying to have some confidence regarding this game, but I honestly dont think it is going to be a pretty sight for us.

Wisconsin is overrated

Perhaps.

I see Wisconsin scoring between 34-48 points and the Huskers somewhere between 14-24 points. The closest we can expect would be a 10 point differential --- and a worst-case scenario is we lose by 35 points or so. I see it somewhere in between, maybe 34-17 or 37-20 or so.

Of course I will root for a win and hope for the best... but I expect this to be somewhere between a solid Wisconsin win and a Wisconsin blowout.

best case scenario is a ten point loss? lets not go too far here

Yeah, Wilson is a big concern. Completing over 75% of his passes so far. 9 passing TDs and only one pick. He's the real deal. He has only been sacked once in three games, so we need to get after him. It's gonna be a good battle. GBR!

He's been playing high-school teams where his linemen have 60+ pounds on the biggest d-lineman. Of course he's not been sacked and hasn't really been forced to make decisions.

Wisconsin is overrated

Perhaps.

Why exactly do you think this? And Nebraska is overrated by who, exactly?

Wisconsin is overrated

Perhaps.

I really don't think Nebraska's as over-rated as people think, or you haven't been watching the 5-25 ranked teams much. Everyone aside from LSU, Oklahoma, and Boise has looked pretty sloppy this year so far. Hell South Carolina, the team that's been trading spots with us early in the season barely escaped navy last weekend.

We're going to have to play better than what we have thus far in the season to win this game, particularly the defense. However, Wisconsin is not invincible. I watched UNLV put quite a few yards and a few points up on their starting defensive unit in the third quarter. If we go into the game and grab the early lead and the momentum, we win this game. If we start the game with a turnover and spot them 10 points like we did Texas last year, we get beat. This game will tell us a lot about both ourselves and Wisconsin. We really haven't played a defense with a pulse yet. We get to see what our offense is made of.

i think i might be one of the few who has seen wisconsin play in person. Granted, it was last year but i dont see much difference. They came into iowa city against by far the best dline in the big 10 last year and controlled the line of scrimmage, the ball, and the game. Russell wilson is a game changer, but nebraska is the notorious quarterback killer and i have faith that he is not going to beat us. It helps that clay is gone because last year they looked like the giants (bradshaw, jacobs) and now their backs are a little bit smaller, but if we cant stop ball and white early and keep our defense off the field we simply arent going to win this game.