Crowd on Saturday

husker_doc

For all the people moaning about how the Nebraska crowds have been weak lately, I thought that the crowd was actually really great on Saturday. However, some idiots in the student section are trying to get a bunch of new chants going. One of them being "Can't be beat" "Won't be beat". This stinks and has never worked. Stick with tradition. If you've never experienced a Husker Power chant, you are missing out. It gets me pumped every time.

For all the people moaning about how the Nebraska crowds have been weak lately, I thought that the crowd was actually really great on Saturday. However, some idiots in the student section are trying to get a bunch of new chants going. One of them being "Can't be beat" "Won't be beat". This stinks and has never worked. Stick with tradition. If you've never experienced a Husker Power chant, you are missing out. It gets me pumped every time.

That's one of those stupid Bring Back Gameday things that some of the students are doing. I'd rather play Hey Baby after the third instead of that chant.

It was pretty cool that we got the Husker Power chant going a couple times while they were reveiwing.

I know it's been complained about before but I had to listen to a bunch of "fans" yelling at a couple of kids to sit down and quit yelling. I sometimes wish these types of fans would go to Wisconsin. A stadium to envy. Everyone up and yelling. No one yelling "Get off my lawn...er SIT DOWN", a stadium full of people willing to stand and yell to try and help their team by being loud. I know that night game atmosphere will help as those games are usually starting after some peoples bed times, but it would be nice to have our crowd drown out the sound of visiting fans jingling keys. :rant

The thing is that we don't have jack for tradition as far as chants and fan behavior during games - especially in the student section. Traditions all started somewhere.

• Fire 1

Not a huge fan of the "cant be beat, wont be beat" chant but at least they're trying something new. Crowd needs to get louder and more active. I was at the game in the south section with some tickets i scalped and myself and a few others seemed to be the only ones up and yelling on third down. There were plenty of old and young people sitting on their hands the whole game. If they want to do that, might as well stay home.

I am all for sitting down at times but on key third downs, you better be up and yelling.

It is funny that you complain about crowd noise, but the can't be beat thing is not cool or disliked. Seriously dudes that could get as loud as the husker power. Do not complain about it when all they are doing is trying to make noise. They are trying to get it load hey baby sure gets the crowd fired up. God it shook the stadium, you guys could seriously complain about any thing. Don't reply I'm on my way to wyoming.

I made the trip back last weekend.

I sat in South Stadium, away from the students, and had a great time. Everyone stood up, including the 60+ year old next to me, so I think we can cool it with the broad stereotypes. And the stadium was loud. The pop that was the first play set the tone. Personally, I think this war between lethargic students and "blue hairs" needs to stop. The students have plenty of energy. Hell, I saw plenty lined up way early to get in for their crack at a "good" seat. You want a rowdy student section? Assign them a seat so they can prime like every single damn older person does (and every student everywhere does and did at NU too, revisionist history buffs) until about 45 minutes until gametime. Watch how rowdy they get then. And they made me laugh when I walked to the restroom and I heard what they said about UW during the "Money Money" song.

Final random statements:

, I can remember when maybe 6 people outside of the student section waved their arms after an extra point. Its practically a whole stadium thing now. This isn't bad.

I liked the "Can't be beat..." But I didn't do it. I was too busy pouring whiskey in my Diet Pepsi.