Taylor Martinez throwing motion

carlfense

I don't think his long ball is at issue here. We have speedy enough receivers to run them down, so his long rainbow throw is fine. My concern is 20 or less yards. If you look at the previous photos you clearly see this elbow drop to his hip. He will never be a short yard passer until this corrected.The discussion about opening his hips is spot on. He has a strong arm but is using about 50% of it.Try to throw a baseball like that, it won't go far and you will "look like a girl". No offense to our female board members. Again, its 2 simple motions and again why can't he correct this.

The one thing that will help Taylor's throwing more than anything else is experience. The more games he plays the better he'll be. If he has plateaued at this point, then we have to rely on his feet and hope for the best with the pass.

I think the positives of a running Martinez with limited ability to pass outweigh the need for him to become a proven passer. I think we all know he'll never get "good." But if he gets smarter, that'll equate to better. And that's what we need.

Even the announcers were commenting on his mechanics last game. Stating that if he keeps throwing high, the D will always have enough time to get to the wr and intercept the ball. So yes, mechanics have alot to do with interceptions if your not good at it.

Even the announcers were commenting on his mechanics last game. Stating that if he keeps throwing high, the D will always have enough time to get to the wr and intercept the ball. So yes, mechanics have alot to do with interceptions if your not good at it.

Taylor doesn't only put a ton of air under his throws. He has shown on a number of occasions this year that he can fire a ball in on a rope. But whether he throws the rainbow or the laser, if he throws it into coverage he stands a better chance of having it picked off.

Knapplc is right - Taylor's throwing kinda just is what it is. We can expect some improvement but overall, it is bad. It isn't Tim Tebow, mobile quarterback "unconventional, but hey it works" bad. It is really, unusually bad, even for the kind of QB that he is.

But even still, it is the decision making that really makes you cringe. That CAN be improved, and right now he is still making a lot of poor decisions. That is what will sink us more than his motion, which is just what he has to work with. And by poor decisions I mean really bad decisions sometimes.

The biggest thing that Taylor's mechanics can help him with is, instead of those helium ballons that Reed, Bell and Turner catch are TD's instead of long gains down into the redzone. All of these guys have had to wait on the ball after being atleast 5 yards behind the secondary.

The decision making as knapp has pointed out will hep the passing numbers far more than anything. Too many times, Taylor appears to have a locked in a certain idea that he is throwing to "x" receiver before the snap and more often than not that receiver is amongst 2 or 3 defenders. Line play has affected it, but I would love for Taylor to be able to hit his second or third read on a pass play. This has yet to happen,

One final thing on his decision making, and this goes along with reading his progressions, But in the Washington game when Taylor went for the homerun to Bell in the second half into double coverage, he had BOTH Jamal(I believe) and Ben Cotton running by themselves at 10 and 15 yards running across the defense. Time hopefully correctsthis, but just once I plead, for a second or third read to make a catch this year. The primary read and check down just will not cut it.

I agree with a post above. Taylor's throwing motion is the worst I've ever seen at this level of football. His pocket presence and footwork are very bad too. What's disappointing about this is we are talking about the University of Nebraska and the best we can do is stick a running back at the QB position and tell him "run forrest, run!" Imagine the production if we had a true dual threat. I don't want to bash the kid too hard because he does do a lot for this offense. It seems he is far too much of this offense in my opinion.

Mark my words, just as we found out against Texas, Texas AnM and Oklahoma this team will struggle against the more stout defenses in Conference play. Taylor will have to use his arm at some point this season to win us a ball game. I'm afraid he may not be able to come through with those 10 second ducks he lobs up. Whether he makes the correct read and makes the perfect decision, the better corners in this conference will hawk that ball right out of the air.

Gonna be a fun season to watch. I liked what I saw against Washington, but we have got to get Taylor to calm down in the pocket and throw some accurate quick passes. Teams will load the box on us all year long til' we make them stop.

I would like to add, that at least Beck is willing to take those shots downfield! Whether the pass is completed or not, it makes the defense reconsider bringing their safeties up. Shawn Watson wouldn't even take a damn shot! Beck is getting this thing going. I got a feeling he has a plan at the QB position too. I don't know how long Martinez will be the man for his offense.

Mark my words, just as we found out against Texas, Texas AnM and Oklahoma this team will struggle against the more stout defenses in Conference play. Taylor will have to use his arm at some point this season to win us a ball game. I'm afraid he may not be able to come through with those 10 second ducks he lobs up

Good example. Two teams that didn't have to worry about the QB running.

I got a feeling he has a plan at the QB position too. I don't know how long Martinez will be the man for his offense.

I'm sure he'll be benched before the Wisconsin game. Beck is a genius and Martinez has obviously been a decoy all along.

• Fire 2

I would like to add, that at least Beck is willing to take those shots downfield! Whether the pass is completed or not, it makes the defense reconsider bringing their safeties up. Shawn Watson wouldn't even take a damn shot! Beck is getting this thing going. I got a feeling he has a plan at the QB position too. I don't know how long Martinez will be the man for his offense.

When we get another quarterback with the athleticism of Taylor, passing or running skills, then talk about how long he will be the man for this offense. When you find the new man, please inform me

• Fire 1