Black Jersey?

kreutz35

Has anyone brought up the idea that we can't wear black jerseys to Wisconsin this year? We are the visiting team. I believe light colored jerseys are required.

Maybe black pants and helmets though. :ahhhhhhhh

As far as I know, it's not required. USC and UCLA play each other in their home jerseys because of such contrasting color schemes.

As long as both teams agree, they can both wear their home jerseys or whatev. Utah and BYU wore red and blue jerseys last weekend.

I think it would be interesting to have one team wear home uniforms and the other wear away uniforms to clear up any confusion regarding color scheme.

That makes logical sense but what's the money making, hype building fun in that for the first ever B1G game? Gotta find a way to cash in... :D

Sellout.

Right, conferences collapsing for reasons based on financials and I am the sellout for making a hasty sarcastic joke about them. Maybe I needed to use my sarcasm font. Lesson learned.

I simply counteracted your sarcasm with sarcasm. Class dismissed.

Yeah got it now. That's my fault. I am usually pretty good at picking it up. Apparently one word replies don't fit that line for me.

Here is the problem i have with most traditionalist's argument about black uniforms. Why is it that we can't wear black ONE TIME in respect to our BLACKSHIRT tradition?

and, yes, we can wear a solid color away from home.

I'm all for it. Lets do it just this once, and be done with it till 10 years from now.

Edit: If we wore a black uniform, why not use our "blackshirts" skull and crossbones logo to give it a look that is clearly for our blackshirts and not incorporating black into our regular uniforms

Maybe it's the non-conformist in me, but every time I see another team cave into wearing all black, I lose a little more respect for them.

Maybe it's the elitest in you. A lot of schools, first of all, have black as a school color, and secondly, need to do those sorts of things to generate support and attendance for their programs. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

It might have something to do with watching the old Westerns on B&W TV where the good guys always wore the white hats, because now that you mention it..I hate black shoes..except on wimmen and maybe when I wear my Sunday-Go-To-Meetins'.

Never liked Da Bears as much either, but really, the lack of real respect thing almost always comes up when we try to do something that has already been done to death, like the WCO when Cally tried to ram that down our throats, or more recently..all things "spread".

Here is the problem i have with most traditionalist's argument about black uniforms. Why is it that we can't wear black ONE TIME in respect to our BLACKSHIRT tradition?

I'm all for it. Lets do it just this once, and be done with it till 10 years from now.

Edit: If we wore a black uniform, why not use our "blackshirts" skull and crossbones logo to give it a look that is clearly for our blackshirts and not incorporating black into our regular uniforms

For any other team except one that will later try to claim to be the "REAL BIG RED"

Because we have an offense, special teams, and second/third string defense too.