Why do Wyoming fans hate N so much

Secondly, their stadium is about to be invaded by a bunch of visiting fans. They most likely will then watch their team be routed by yours on their campus, and then you will condescendingly shake their hand and say 'you guys have got a nice little program here. Good luck in the WAC or Mountain West, or whatever crap conference you guys play in'. Didn't you hate it when you got a C on a test and some snob who aced it walks up and says, 'nice job. You'll do better next time

No, I don't, it makes me want to work harder and better myself in hopes that I will be able to replicate that other persons success. But I guess I'm a man and I have thicker skin than that.

Call it iowa syndrom, there is no logical reason for all the hate. Well, at least wyoming fans can be pissed that we got the Bobfather from them, but most of them don't even know who he is or that he was their coach.

Should we apologize for our past success and totally forget about it just because other teams haven't had that success? Thats just plain stupid.

So you assert that Wyoming fans don't even know their own program's history, right after saying there's no logical reason for them to dislike you?

Once again, I'm a hate, and let-hate kinda guy, so I love unbridled, illogical football fan animosity. What I don't get is the coy act of 'why do they dislike us?' and people being arrogant enough to write it off as jealousy, stupidity, or insanity.

Maybe you "don't get" it because you have lived within 10 miles of Boulder for apparently 20+ years. That's bound to mess anybody up, at least a little bit. Trust me- I understand as I have lived in Northern Colorado for 25 years and am more than aware of the predominate liberal left lean and the typical CU fan mentality down in your neighborhood. If none of it can be attributed to inferiority complex or jealously of non-NU fans, then I guess you feel it is all actual arrogance on the part of Husker fans. Seems to me you might be one of those wussified traitors you mentioned earlier. Just sayin.

At least part of it has to be just that they're 3-0. When was the last time that happened, I wonder? I looked in the past 12 years and it didn't happen in any of those seasons. So you've got these delusional fans thinking that because they're undefeated they're good and that other people should realize they're good.

I heard '85 or '86. I don't remember which year exactly. It's been a good quarter century or so.

Look, typical husker fan thinks that when they visit the other teams site most threads should read:

"Wow, this is amazing, a tradition rich amazing program like NU is coming here to play!!! Look, I hope we win but lets face it, there is really no chance, their tradition is just to much for us to overcome. I just want to say welcome to all the Husker fans and I hope its a fun entertaining game."

Anytime they dont see that, they melt down. God forbid the other team not have "respect" or think that their team might "win"

Some husker fans that go to those sites will give a bit of slack if the other teams fan say something like "I think we have a chance IF we play the perfect game and the Skers turn it over like 10 times but that is not going to happen"

Post boards are for jawing, its fun, get it over it.

• Fire 1

I'll give this McNulty guy credit - he sure knows how to drive hits to his site. I've never heard of this guy until the Wyoming fans started talking about his offensive article, and now suddenly folks here are linking to his stories.

There's a sucker born every minute - W. C. Fields

So maybe someone should call the University of Wyoming Athletic Department and find out if this isn't true? Otherwise, it's news regarding Husker football. I'm not a journalist, I'm not a blogger. I rely on others. Until Huskerboard restricts access to only 'approved' news sources, and a hammer and sickle start appearing behind the logo, I'll continue to search out stories and comment on them.

I'll give this McNulty guy credit - he sure knows how to drive hits to his site. I've never heard of this guy until the Wyoming fans started talking about his offensive article, and now suddenly folks here are linking to his stories.

There's a sucker born every minute - W. C. Fields

So maybe someone should call the University of Wyoming Athletic Department and find out if this isn't true? Otherwise, it's news regarding Husker football. I'm not a journalist, I'm not a blogger. I rely on others. Until Huskerboard restricts access to only 'approved' news sources, and a hammer and sickle start appearing behind the logo, I'll continue to search out stories and comment on them.

What are you talking about?

Look, typical husker fan thinks that when they visit the other teams site most threads should read:

"Wow, this is amazing, a tradition rich amazing program like NU is coming here to play!!! Look, I hope we win but lets face it, there is really no chance, their tradition is just to much for us to overcome. I just want to say welcome to all the Husker fans and I hope its a fun entertaining game."

Anytime they dont see that, they melt down. God forbid the other team not have "respect" or think that their team might "win"

Some husker fans that go to those sites will give a bit of slack if the other teams fan say something like "I think we have a chance IF we play the perfect game and the Skers turn it over like 10 times but that is not going to happen"

+1

This

It doesnt bug me one bit. We have "Tuck Fexas" shirts and "We hate Iowa" shirts.

It is all in good fun for the most part. Nothing will get violent. Wyoming fans will boo the Huskers and after the game is over, I bet Husker fans and Wyoming fans will drink together.

True. Drinks will be had. Look, the Husker fans will be treated with respect. We've gotten a lot of compliments on how cordial the Wyoming fans are to their guests, and that includes teams we've beathen (Ole Miss and Virginia) and teams that have beaten us (Texas and Boise State). Sure there's always a couple of A-holes in every crowd (I'm including Wyoming and Nebraska in this), but generally all will be fine.