Interesting Text Message

Scratchtown

I have heard very similar talk from a usually reliable inside source. Supposedley Cotton did not work with the oline this week. It was Stai, one other name I forget and Milt T advising. Heard Cotton would be moving into fball operations office. Don't know anything about jamrog at this point.

Just for the record. Milt does watch a lot of practice, but he cannot coach and cannot work with the players, etc. It would be against NCAA rules. You are limited to the number of coaches, trainers, interns, GA's etc and the amount of time those people can spend with the players and what they do in their capacities. At the very best he can make a suggestion from afar if the coaches ask him. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

And any source that says Cotton wasn't at practice is not a source at all. Either that or it was some other guy that looked just like him and sounded just like him out there coaching on the grass on Wednesday right before he did interviews after practice.

Furthermore those saying the boosters don't like Jamrog, that isn't true either. I don't know where that crap comes from and as far as former players they hold him in very high regard especially all the former walk ons who....do things for him on a regular basis to help build and maintain that tradition.

Alberts is at best a very very very very very distant contender. The Trev supporters just aren't there at this time and his hire would be a bigger mistake the Steve Peterson hire. There are several more qualified people in front of him. I would be shocked if its anyone but Paul Meyers or Bruce Rasmussen.

Likewise, I'm not disbelieving these rumors, however, I don't think Jamrog is going to be the replacement for TO. He's too disliked by alums. The replacement is going to have that [alum support] on their side if they want to be the new AD

This. If he's so disliked by the alums that he can't coach, they wouldn't put him in a position where 62% of his job is buttering alums up.

62% that's a very exact number. TO must have it down to a science 8)

I agree that it all sounds like it could happen but the the timing isn't right

never know how reliable these can be, but its from a friend of mine who's dad played at Nebraska in the early 80's

"Just heard this from my dad---he heard from a reliable source that Brenden Stai will be named oline coach and Cotton will move into the front office as director of football operations...Jamrog is out from what he's heard. Alumni can't stand him and boosters made it clear they clear they want him out. Also, TO may be done and a new AD will be named...Alberts or rimington..."

Thoughts? is there any truth to this statement?

Also, I thought Rimington has stated on a radio show or some interview that the AD has already been chosen and its not him.

Bo's Aquarium guy?