What did we learn???

walksalone

Carnes can run the option very well..

That's a rushed judgment. We saw him fail miserably at it in the Tenn-Chat game and then he had one decent pitch (questionably late in my opinion) last night. I really wouldn't jump to the conclusion that he runs the option very well based on those two performances.

Well, it's equally a rush to judgement to say he did terrible against Tenn Chat when Carne's line at the time consisted of 2nd, 3rd and 4th teamers plus the waterboy. There was no blocking going on and Carnes had no where to go. Time will tell.

Carnes can run the option very well..

That's a rushed judgment. We saw him fail miserably at it in the Tenn-Chat game and then he had one decent pitch (questionably late in my opinion) last night. I really wouldn't jump to the conclusion that he runs the option very well based on those two performances.

Well, it's equally a rush to judgement to say he did terrible against Tenn Chat when Carne's line at the time consisted of 2nd, 3rd and 4th teamers plus the waterboy. There was no blocking going on and Carnes had no where to go. Time will tell.

How is it rushing to judgement to say he performed terrible against Tenn Chat? That's a clear observation and I'm sure most would agree with me. I'm not saying he's going to suck based on that performance, that would be a rushed judgement.

he hit Kenny Bell for that touchdown. He was Taylor's third option.

Was he? I only got one look at that play from afar, and I know the announcers said he was Taylor's third option. On this play, I know Taylor rolled out and found Bell open. But I think these announcers were pretty poorly informed for the most part, which is why I am skeptical. I think Taylor may have had one look from the pocket before he moved out and found Bell (which is a great play!) but I am not sure about third.

I wasn't really sure, zoogies. I said that based off what the announcers said. We didn't have a good camera angle to see if Taylor went through his progression or not. I will say, though, that you might be right, as Taylor has a propensity to make up his mind who he's going to before the play starts. This is common with young QB's... unfortunately Taylor has just displayed it more prominently than most. Hopefully it will get better with time.

Probably won't be next week though. My prediction: Wisconsin 734, NU -12.

On the Defense: I did not like the way the game looked and it was not pretty to watch. On the other hand I was surprised to see that we held them to 305 total yards and they have been getting almost 500/game. So we betterd our performance from the last 2 weeks by 100 yards and we cut their production down by 40%. I'm not saying it was pretting or worth bragging about but I almost feel like the defense made a step forward despite how rough the game looked. I get that the dropped passes and all that but that is just part of any game. Not really drinking cool aid here but just thinking.

Am I off in my thinking when I say that Taylor should not of run out of bounds on the 3 yard line. In that situation you do what you can to get in the endzone?

One other tme he stepped out about one foot short of a first down and I think he could have picked it up with out beeing hammerd. It was not third down and I did not want to nit pick the guy but it seemed like he could have been more aware.

We learned that we only have 7 days left to fantasize about our beloved Huskers chances for this season. I would love to be proven wrong but unfortunately I have watched every play of the first 4 games.

You're right. We're terrible. We shouldn't even go to Wisconsin next week. All we're doing is wasting our time. You know what? We're so bad, let's not even finish the season. We're just so terrible that we don't even deserve to take the field with D1 teams. There's no reason to live anymore.

Seriously, why was this posted?

Sorry, I'm pretty unbearable on game days especially when the Huskers perform below their capabilities. I firmly believe that more important than the W or the L is that the players and team put forth their best effort. This is the same philosophy that TO had so I think I'm in good company. I will never give up on them but I do get temporarily pissy when it is obvious they could play a much better and complete game.

What did we learn?

That through four games, we miss Marvin Sanders a lot, that our O-Line is becoming a young force to be reckoned with, and that we played teams with a pulse, contrary to what Wisconsin has played through their four non-con games.

Oh, and that Nebraska fans have a flair for the dramatic. And hate kittens.