Texas A&M Sucks

Texas A&M to me has been one of the most unimpressive highly ranked teams this year. I have been able to watch them a lot last couple of weeks and they are a mess. We have a really good chance to pick some of their recruits off IMO. Here are some of their issues I believe.

1) Their defense is awful. I gotta believe their D-Coordinator will be gone at season end after 2nd half collapses like we have seen last 2 weeks.

2) I have never been very impressed with Sherman. He will be mediocre at best in the SEC. Does anyone think A&M is going to better than .500 in the SEC? On today's telecast they said A&M recently is 0-7 vs. the SEC and their last win against the SEC was like in the 1990's! So look for Sherman to be gone within 2 years as fanbase will clamor for the next big hire so they can compete.

3) I keep hearing how all-world Tannehill is but to me he looks no better than say Joe Ganz ever did?

4) On the telecast they said A&M has not been pre-season top 10 since like the 1990's and they were this year...only to promptly show they never belonged by dropping 2 important games back to back.

5) Urban Meyer made a comment on the telecast that with the tradition and recruiting opportunities A&M has, they should consistently be contending for BCS games...he just left it there because we all know they haven't done this.

Is it just me or is A&M just a big pretender? I do not see them doing much in the SEC. Have fun...

They will be the next Ole Miss, pluck some nice players maybe get one or two "blue chip" players a year. But in the end they will never amount to anything more than a middle of the run 6-8 win team.

I would love to pick away Matt Davis, and Bralon Addison from the Aggies.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it just me or is A&M just a big pretender? I do not see them doing much in the SEC. Have fun...

Yeah, aTm has a long and storied tradition of football ... mediocrity. I expect them to be about the same as Arkansas in the SEC. A decent team that pulls and upset once in a while, lays a couple eggs every year, and never wins the big one.

So who can we steal?

So who can we steal?

I am with aspeedlin about stealing Bralon Addison. Had a NU offer and is FAST. would be a great compliment to Westerkamp in this class at WR.

I would love to see some Colin Blake snagged too. 6-3, 190 safety who also can run.

Neither will happen, those are the two I'd want, from a very nice looking class for Aggie.

A&M hasn't been impressive in the big 12, so why would they be impressive in the SEC. Nebraska isn't taking any of their recruits. When neb left the big 12 they lost most of their recruiting ability in texas. Recruits would rather play in the se c than the big 10 also. Better reputation for sending players to the nfl. A&M beating nebraska last season also carries a lot of weight for recruits too. Yes, tannehill is a lot better than ganz, and he will be a fairly high draft pick. Sherman should be fired last year. A&M will be competitive in the SEC because since announcing they were joining, they've stolen good recruits from both ou and texas. They've also dumped a ton of money into their program over the last few years. A&M hasnt beaten an se c team since the mid 90s, while prior to that, they had an impressive winning streak against them. Also haven't beaten anybody from a bcs conference on quite a few years, so the SEC aint special in that regard.

Alright, with the way A&M has been playing I gotta believe there are some recruits in Texas needing to take a real good look at the Huskers! :corndance

Texas A&M and Nebraska have had similar records over the last 5 years or so, with A&M going 2-1 against Nebraska since '06. The best players in Texas go to UT and OU. The others mosly go to A&M, Texas Tech (who has dominated Nebraska), Oklahoma St, LSU, and some others. Mizzou and Kansas St recruit better in Texas than Nebraska does, and that won't change. Nebraska is a lot like Notre Dame, where they don't have a good local talent pool to recruit from, so they must recruit nationwide. You can't recruit nationwide if you don't win, which is why Notre Dame has sucked for over a decade. Nebraska going to the Big 10 is good for them, because right now the Big 10 is weaker than the Big 12, so the Huskers can win, which means better recruiting. Nebraska should be a dominant team in the Big 10 for a long time. I believe they will see a national championship appearance within 6 years.

Neither A&M nor Nebraska have been a factor in the Big 12 for a while, where Nebraska is going to an easier conference, while A&M is going to a stronger one.

I think A&M's move to the SEC helps their recruiting as well as their finances which will help them keep up with the Joneses. I think Texas recruiting is going to drop off a little because the b12-2-1+1-1+1 stinks. TCU recruiting will pick up slightly as well which also will have a slight impact on Texas recruiting.

I think A&M can be like a Georgia/Arkansas type team in the SEC.

Alright, with the way A&M has been playing I gotta believe there are some recruits in Texas needing to take a real good look at the Huskers! :corndance

Texas A&M and Nebraska have had similar records over the last 5 years or so, with A&M going 2-1 against Nebraska since '06. The best players in Texas go to UT and OU. The others mosly go to A&M, Texas Tech (who has dominated Nebraska), Oklahoma St, LSU, and some others. Mizzou and Kansas St recruit better in Texas than Nebraska does, and that won't change. Nebraska is a lot like Notre Dame, where they don't have a good local talent pool to recruit from, so they must recruit nationwide. You can't recruit nationwide if you don't win, which is why Notre Dame has sucked for over a decade. Nebraska going to the Big 10 is good for them, because right now the Big 10 is weaker than the Big 12, so the Huskers can win, which means better recruiting. Nebraska should be a dominant team in the Big 10 for a long time. I believe they will see a national championship appearance within 6 years.

Neither A&M nor Nebraska have been a factor in the Big 12 for a while, where Nebraska is going to an easier conference, while A&M is going to a stronger one.

First bolded part, Notre Dame's record has not shown effects on the recruiting trail one bit.

Second, does not playing for the conference championship the last two years fall into "being a factor recently"?

The whole point of these threads(and their are a bunch) are more or less a way we on this board mock teams who have recently landed on down times or have had their coach just file unemployment papers. It is more or less a wish list for the recruits to take another look at NU, something that seldom happens.

Other than Texas and Oklahoma, the other schools you mentioned don't necessarily outrecruit NU in Texas. Last year NU signed 4 of the Top 40 prospects in Texas, per Rivals. Texas Tech also signed 4 of the Top 40. Texas A&M and Oklahoma State each signed 2 of the Top 40, LSU and Michigan each signed 1. Missouri and Kansas St. only signed 1 in the TOP 100 each, neither had a Top 40 prospect with Missouri checking in first by signing the 81st best prospect. Now granted it is Rivals and I don't believe in them 100%, but they do a decent job of grading talent. Second if you look at the Top 100, I believe Texas A&M signed more kids than NU did. The point still stands that NU has recruited the elite talent well in Texas, Burkhead, the Green brothers, Turner, etc, and hasn't really taken a back seat to anyone but OU and Texas in this regard and maybe A&M over the last 3 years but they aren't dominating Texas like UT and OU are.

• 1 month later...

Texas A&M to me has been one of the most unimpressive highly ranked teams this year. I have been able to watch them a lot last couple of weeks and they are a mess. We have a really good chance to pick some of their recruits off IMO. Here are some of their issues I believe.

1) Their defense is awful. I gotta believe their D-Coordinator will be gone at season end after 2nd half collapses like we have seen last 2 weeks.

2) I have never been very impressed with Sherman. He will be mediocre at best in the SEC. Does anyone think A&M is going to better than .500 in the SEC? On today's telecast they said A&M recently is 0-7 vs. the SEC and their last win against the SEC was like in the 1990's! So look for Sherman to be gone within 2 years as fanbase will clamor for the next big hire so they can compete.

3) I keep hearing how all-world Tannehill is but to me he looks no better than say Joe Ganz ever did?

4) On the telecast they said A&M has not been pre-season top 10 since like the 1990's and they were this year...only to promptly show they never belonged by dropping 2 important games back to back.

5) Urban Meyer made a comment on the telecast that with the tradition and recruiting opportunities A&M has, they should consistently be contending for BCS games...he just left it there because we all know they haven't done this.

Earlier than I thought. My original post is from Oct 1st. No surprise IMO.