What did we learn???

1) We can't tackle.

2) Our secondary is not good.

3) Wisconsin is probably better than we thought and we are probably slightly worse than what we thought.

4) Our offense won't work with Martinez's ability to throw the ball. If we had anyone competent throwing the ball, we still have an outside chance.

5) Carnes needs some reps. At some point, he can't be doing any worse than what Martinez was doing, and he can get the experience needed.

6) Our offense is young, so is -some- of our O line and secondary. Our offense will be scary good with Aaron Green, Jamal Turner, AA, Kenny Bell, Braylon Heard, Kyler Reed in the coming years, if we can find a QB that can get them the ball properly.

7) Defense is gonna look different next week. Bo is gonna sit some a$$es on the bench.

1. Our defense needs ALOT of work.

2. We have some skilled players on offense, but NOT the right QB for what we want to do.

3. Beck totally killed us with his playcalling after the 1st quarter.

4. The team totally gave up once they started facing adversity.

5. Burkhead and David never give up!

We learned that this game turned out exactly as it should have. We got slapped around like the redheaded step child we are. We are officially the little red of the B1G. Out coached and out played down to the last person. Wiscy is exactly what the Huskers were before the Callahan debacle. If the team doesn't get over this one quick, we may just get rolled by an inferior OSU next week. Sorry folks, we ain't back yet.

1. I might be the only one that likes Beck's playcalling. It isn't his fault his frickin QB can't make a play.

2. Sean Fischer has a much of a chance at an open field tackle as I do. Why is Sean Fischer playing? I think the LB play is probably the worst aspect of the defense.

3. How much longer is the Taylor Martinez experiment going to go on? Since we don't need a RB, can we use three scholly's on QBs?

4. The DB's aren't that bad. It's the lack of a pass rush-pressure. They definately are not what we are used to.

I don't agree at all with #1. If TO would have lined Frost or Frazier in the pistol and called the same exact plays Beck did tonight, we would have had the exact same results. Martinez will never be a prostyle dropback passer. It's the same horrible mistake Pickle made with Brad Smith. After the first INT and the Wiscy score, we should have slowed the game down. Run the ball.

• Fire 1

1. I might be the only one that likes Beck's playcalling. It isn't his fault his frickin QB can't make a play.

2. Sean Fischer has a much of a chance at an open field tackle as I do. Why is Sean Fischer playing? I think the LB play is probably the worst aspect of the defense.

3. How much longer is the Taylor Martinez experiment going to go on? Since we don't need a RB, can we use three scholly's on QBs?

4. The DB's aren't that bad. It's the lack of a pass rush-pressure. They definately are not what we are used to.

This is the same problem we have had in the last 1/2 decade. You have to call the plays to your players strenghts. You can't call an option if Peyton Manning is your QB.

Yeah, Fischer got schooled today

Did Burkhead get salmenilla during the first half? Cus he was non existent.

Do we even have a pass rush?

Actually it is, why isn't Taylor developing? Thats on the O Coordinator and the QB coach.

You can't coach a kid to not make a dumba$$ throw or fumble. At somepoint, those that have similar view as yourself may understand that.

Or maybe you can suggest a coach that teach not to under throw wide open receivers or picks to the guy underneath. I didn't play QB in college, but I don't recall in any of our 7 X 7 drills where we had the 'don't under throw the guy that has 3 steps on the DB drill'.

I learned that Wisconsin is the real deal, a complete package with an awesome quarterback, a monstrous offensive line, and a defense that will make you pay for every mistake.

I learned that Bo has to answer a lot of questions about his defense. We knew the secondary was a weak link, but the front line is not playing up to par at all. Something needs to change for them to remain viable, and he hasn't found it yet.

I learned that someone on the coaching staff needs to motivate these kids. There's been one or two games every season with Bo in charge where the team wasn't ready, wasn't there to play, and no one could change that. THAT is squarely on Bo... if he can't do that, he better find or hire someone who can. Otherwise this will happen every year.

I learned that Martinez isn't and never will be a passing quarterback, and Beck needs to finally come to terms with this and start running plays with him that work with his strengths.

I learned that Beck either has a really small playbook, or he folded right along with the team. I was expecting something different from the offense this time, plays I never saw, plays that might confuse, different formations. I expected Beck to understand that this was the most important game of the season, and that he needed to put it all on the table for NE to stand a chance. He was either grossly overconfident, or grossly unprepared, and he needs to man up and admit one of those.

And finally... I learned that in the end, it's just a game, played by college kids, and while it stings now... a half hour after the game's over, I will get over it by tomorrow morning.

We learned that this game turned out exactly as it should have. We got slapped around like the redheaded step child we are. We are officially the little red of the B1G. Out coached and out played down to the last person. Wiscy is exactly what the Huskers were before the Callahan debacle. If the team doesn't get over this one quick, we may just get rolled by an inferior OSU next week. Sorry folks, we ain't back yet.

I agree. Wiscy is just like we used to be as far as running the ball and having a great O-Line. I don't think we have ever been back and we won't be for a long time.

stop talking about the play calling and Watson. That's uninformed fan talk. Games are won and lost with heart, solid fundamentals, talent and coaching

Simply put, we lack mostly in the quarterback position where 3 turnovers and lack of a real quarterback are glaringly obvious. Gotta get the next guy ready asap. Martinez is a nice slot back or flanker but not a QB.

Defense did the best they could but we don't have anything close to the line we had in 09. Their was a lot asked of that defense tonight, Wisc is the total package right now.

Realistically we have a lack of offensive identity and no quarterback. And where is the counter- trey, the play that WE taught the NFL?

This loss was as bad as I can remember.

We got beat by a very good football team today. There's no shame in that. We are not yet ready for the top tier of college football. Almost all of our skill positions are VERY young. I still think the future looks very bright and that IF we can bounce back next week, this NU team will be a lot better in December than we were today.

This loss wasn't nearly as bad as Texas last year, or ISU in 09. Get a grip folks...

We learned that putting our #2 qb in would have instantly transformed our defense to 2009.

Bshirt, still suckling at the teet of Taylor. Never fails.

NEBRASKANHEAT, still the internet punk. Never fails.

Wait, you go all around calling everyone ignorant, blind, etc etc. Then start throwing more names around when you get a little ribbing for being so, so,so, so very wrong?

Lighten up francis.

Offensively, I didn't think that the game was a total disaster. What happened on several possessions in a row was that we'd gain 5 yards on 1st down, then get a penalty to put us in the 1st or 2nd and very long too go situations. Those situations are what kills the Nebraska offense and Martinez because instead of trying to stop the run they drop a lot more people into coverage...and instantly we forget about the run and try and make it all up in one play. Stop the stupid penalties and our offense could have put up a couple more scores for sure and with less turnovers.

Defensively, hmmm, yeah, not good. It's almost like they're lacking a leader out there. Defensive line play + linebacker play just isn't up to snuff. Why that is I don't know for sure, but it sure seemed tonight like we were getting blown off the ball starting in the 2nd quarter. The secondary is just so young. Frankly, I think they should be bringing pressure on almost every play...with that, I feel like we have a chance to stop them. Without it, we don't get enough pressure or run stops from our front 4/7 to help out the secondary. Yes, we will get burned sometimes, but with a young secondary you almost have to do something to help them out. Leaving them on islands with no pass rush and questionable safety help is just very hard on the younger cb's. By far the best the D did tonight was when we blitzed, not sure why we didn't use it more (and when we use it, why is it always on 3rd down? So predictable, lol).

Wisconsin is really good, but if you watch their qb he has the same issue that Martinez has in that if you close off his first look and get some pressure, he panics. Unfortunately we didn't get much pressure other than the blitzes and didn't really take away his first option either when we did blitz. If some opponent they play has a really good front 7, I could see them beating Wisconsin as I don't think that their defense is particularly strong...we shot ourselves in the foot more than anything else tonight.