The Latest Quarterback Thread

how do we really know tm is light years ahead of carnes?...

Bo and Beck. Coachspeak? would they really sacrifice this teams success by not playing the best player? I think they know what they are doing and who to do it with. Just have to figure out how to do it well and consistant.

how many games has tm started?...i truly believed that carnes would turn out better than tm over a period of time if given the chance....i dont care about tm's blazing straightline speed , i just want a qb that can distribute the ball and make the basic throws when needed...right now i just think that bo have already made up his mind that he's gonna ride the tm wagon through heaven or hell...call it stubborness

Good lord! We lost ONE freaking game! Now if we've lost 4 or 5 in a season or in a row I might be on board with the switch. Do you honestly see anyone else on the schedule that is on the same level as Wisconsin right now? Cause I sure as hell don't!? The problem lies with the offensive play calling. They are asking Martinez to do something he simply can't do. I'm sure Carnes doesn't have the playbook down well enough to even run half the offense at this point. Martinez is a runner, plain and simple. If we run the offense to our strengths, running and play-action pass, our offense will be just fine. The offense isn't even as close to as bad as the defense at this point. Our line can't get any pressure on anyone, our LB's besides Lavonte are a f-ing joke, and our secondary besides Dennard is laughable. A few changes on offense and we'll start rolling on that side of the ball and we'll need it with this horrible defense.

• Fire 1

Good lord! We lost ONE freaking game! Now if we've lost 4 or 5 in a season or in a row I might be on board with the switch. Do you honestly see anyone else on the schedule that is on the same level as Wisconsin right now? Cause I sure as hell don't!? The problem lies with the offensive play calling. They are asking Martinez to do something he simply can't do. I'm sure Carnes doesn't have the playbook down well enough to even run half the offense at this point. Martinez is a runner, plain and simple. If we run the offense to our strengths, running and play-action pass, our offense will be just fine. The offense isn't even as close to as bad as the defense at this point. Our line can't get any pressure on anyone, our LB's besides Lavonte are a f-ing joke, and our secondary besides Dennard is laughable. A few changes on offense and we'll start rolling on that side of the ball and we'll need it with this horrible defense.

This is basically what I was saying. How do we know Taylor is the best QB for this offense? Well because apparently Brion hasn't shown anything in practice to earn the starting role. You have to remember that everyone practices and if the coaches don't see anything, then they aren't going to start him. Trust the coaches, after all, it is their job and they would know it better than any of us do.

I don't think it would have been terrible to put Carnes in for a series or two to let Martinez collect his bearings and calm down.

I understand what you're saying, but do you wonder what that would do further to his mental status? He would then start wondering if he just lost the starting job and we'd be going down that road now. I agree with Brion getting some snaps, it'll only help him and I myself wondered why Martinez was out there in the 4th quarter. We obviously weren't going to win that game so get some other guys some experience, protect your starters no matter how crappy they played, and look forward to next week.

• Fire 1

how many games has tm started?...i truly believed that carnes would turn out better than tm over a period of time if given the chance....i dont care about tm's blazing straightline speed , i just want a qb that can distribute the ball and make the basic throws when needed...right now i just think that bo have already made up his mind that he's gonna ride the tm wagon through heaven or hell...call it stubborness

You think Carnes would be better than Martinez over a period of time... based on what? What have you seen from Carnes that makes you think he's any better?

And this "over a period of time" thing. What happens between now, when Carnes is clearly not ready and then, when he's the second coming of the love-child of Vince Ferregamo and Tommie Frazier? We lose because he's learning on the job? We get beat because he's not good enough yet?

Guess what - you have that right now. You're in the middle of that "over a period of time" thing with Martinez. But you're not willing to give him a chance to learn, you're already deciding that he's being played out of sheer stubbornness, not because he'll develop.

All you want is the backup.

• Fire 2

You think Carnes would be better than Martinez over a period of time... based on what? What have you seen from Carnes that makes you think he's any better?

And this "over a period of time" thing. What happens between now, when Carnes is clearly not ready and then, when he's the second coming of the love-child of Vince Ferregamo and Tommie Frazier? We lose because he's learning on the job? We get beat because he's not good enough yet?

Guess what - you have that right now. You're in the middle of that "over a period of time" thing with Martinez. But you're not willing to give him a chance to learn, you're already deciding that he's being played out of sheer stubbornness, not because he'll develop.

All you want is the backup.

And furthermore what if Brion turns out to be just like Taylor? Are we going to throw him under the bus and demand a QB switch because he didn't develop as fast as he should have and it's time to start the whole process over for another QB?

I have to wonder if in a year or two we'll dig this thread up and laugh because Martinez plays lights out in the future? I'm not a Martinez supporter or hater, I'm going to support whoever the coaches start. Why? Because I'm not a coach and I have NO clue what I'm talking about. I'm just another fan for Christ's sake.