What do you bugeaters think about the B10 Network?

Duffman

Hey guys, Iowa fan here, and I'm curious about your impression of the B10 network (outside of the game programming) so far. I know when it first came out the studio stuff seemed like an afterthought and I didn't really take it seriously. It certainly wasn’t pulling me away from ESPN’s Gameday pre-game show, nor did I watch any of the post-game analysis or wrap-up.

However over the years I think they have really improved their studio and feature programming to the point where it’s a very viable product, even as a stand-alone product. Of course it could be that like an ugly girlfriend with a great personality it’s just sort of grown on me as time has gone by and I’ve learned to live with it by tuning out the ugly.

I’m curious on what you guys think of it. I’m assuming most of you didn’t get much exposure to it until recently and I’m wondering what those that tuned in to the finished product think.

I can’t wait to visit Lincoln on the 25th, I hope you guys fix what you need to fix and we’re playing for a spot in the title game. Suckeye fan out.

I'm happy that it exists and have been kind of jealous of the Big Ten for having a network like that. Now that I finally get to watch it, I appreciate how they run classic games (including the 94 championship... it was fun to watch but seemed a tad bit odd to see a Big 8 game on there if I thought about it :) ) and continue showing games all week.

The quality of the game coverage seems to be a bit better than Fox Sports Network, but not as clean as, say ABC, but it's still way better than a lot of the PPV coverage.

Duffman, if the Big 10 were a woman, I would have already sexed it up, tick tock get up stop stop. It's an excellent addition to our household viewing, and I can appreciate how the Big 10 is even bending over backwards to include our players on the Big 10 'greatest ever' lists. Everything about the channel and the conference exudes class and doing things the right way...which is why the tOSU debacle is still so surprising.

And don't check out, Duffman--stay around for a while, come talk some good-natured CouncilTucky smack and ride out this roller-coaster Big 10 season with us. We're pretty reasonable folks...usually...

Personally since I no longer live in Nebraska catching the games over the last few years has been hit and miss. Since I live in SEC/ACC territory it's hard to see games from other conferences here where I live. This is the first year I've actually been able to see every game (so far) this season. Haven't been able to do that since I lived in Omaha and even then I had to catch some games on the radio. Joining the B1G was a step in the right direction for the Huskers future and the BTN is helping our program get more national attention. Something I think the Huskers have been missing since the late 90's. Living here in NC the only time I got to see a Husker game was when they played Oklahoma or Texas during the season and in the Big 12 title game, and bowl games.

I love the BTN. Not having to PPV 3 NU games a year is well worth the extra $6 monthly it added to my cable bill. Some of the programming is maybe repeated too much and there can be a slight hint of low budget but I'm sure it will get more professional as it comes along. It really isn't fair to compare it to an ESPN. I just wish our local cable provider offered the HD version in our area.