Phillip Dillard calls for the replacement of Martinez at QB

This has been covered before, in another thread. It's really a low-class move by Dillard. He deserves all the criticism he gets for going public and tweeting like this. It doesn't mean his personal opinion of Taylor is justified or unjustified, although it is based on two years ago.

But I hope we stop turning around and start revising our opinion of the guy as the player he turned out to be for us in the end, based on something completely unrelated to his play. Dillard was a promising player who had some struggles, but really busted his ass and turned it around in '09. For that he has my gratitude. For this he has my 'WTF, man. you should know better.'

He was a great player... his senior year.

This has been covered before, in another thread. It's really a low-class move by Dillard. He deserves all the criticism he gets for going public and tweeting like this. It doesn't mean his personal opinion of Taylor is justified or unjustified, although it is based on two years ago.

But I hope we stop turning around and start revising our opinion of the guy as the player he turned out to be for us in the end, based on something completely unrelated to his play. Dillard was a promising player who had some struggles, but really busted his ass and turned it around in '09. For that he has my gratitude. For this he has my 'WTF, man. you should know better.'

I'm not going to take away my praise for PhilDill's senior year. I was right there on the bandwagon supporting him. But the comparison between his Soph. year and Martinez's Soph. year is fair game if he's going to go off like this. The dude lives in a glass house and should not be throwing stones.

• Fire 1

Brion Carnes should be starting right now. Martinez can lose you a game faster than winning you one. Carnes is still a good runner and by far the better passer. Have Carnes hand the ball off to our great backfield, and play action out of the spread or under center to our playmakers at wideout and tight end.

Ill take consistency over a few big runs a game. People will still say he has more experience, he's SO fast, who gives a shi* the kid can't play QB at this level. Pelini won't take him out as we've seen, even when he has one ankle.

I remember when Turner Gill was a freshmen/sophomore on the bench and the crowd turned on Osborne to get Gill in. They started chanting "We Want Gill." It may be time for the crowd to turn on Pelini and get Carnes in the game.

Tweets are like "opinions" , everyone's got one. What does it say for your life if you are following Phillip Dillard on twitter. He needs to keep it in house. That being said, I too thought Bo should have sent B Carnes in the 4th quarter. I do understand he wanted to gauge TMarts personality and decision making on the pressure he was receiving. The problem was, he was not making good choices. Like he said "I need to work on my progressions". We don't know where Carnes mindset was either. He might have looked at the coach with deer in the headlight eyes and they said no. I am not one to bash players, but I will bash a coach if they can't coach and I think the majority of the blame does not fall on TMart here, but on the Defensive coaching staff, line and secondary. Like Hammerhead said, Taylor wasn't the one letting the other team score now was he.

Tweets are like "opinions" , everyone's got one. What does it say for your life if you are following Phillip Dillard on twitter. He needs to keep it in house. That being said, I too thought Bo should have sent B Carnes in the 4th quarter. I do understand he wanted to gauge TMarts personality and decision making on the pressure he was receiving. The problem was, he was not making good choices. Like he said "I need to work on my progressions". We don't know where Carnes mindset was either. He might have looked at the coach with deer in the headlight eyes and they said no. I am not one to bash players, but I will bash a coach if they can't coach and I think the majority of the blame does not fall on TMart here, but on the Defensive coaching staff, line and secondary. Like Hammerhead said, Taylor wasn't the one letting the other team score now was he.

If following Dillard put a label on you, go ahead and label me.

If taylor cant take the heat, then thats his problem. Dillard made his opinion public and wasnt fake about it. How was he throwing his alma matter under the bus? Show me the EXACT quote where he dissed Nebraska or the coaching staff? All he did was play armchair coach, like most ppl on this board and say taylor is a bad qb and should be benched. He never dissed nebraska, he never dissed the coaching staff and said what some of you guys on this message board said about a player at one time or another. If he cant man up and take the criticism, then he shouldnt be a qb at a prestigious program like Nebraska. This is why society is getting wussified..just sayin :P

• Fire 2

If taylor cant take the heat, then so be it. Dillard made his opinion public, at least he wasnt fake about it. How was he throwing his alma matter under the bus? Please answer that question? Show me the EXACT quote where he dissed Nebraska or the coaching staff? All he did was play armchair coach, like most ppl on this board and say taylor is a bad qb and be benched. He never dissed nebraska, he never dissed the coaching staff and said what some of you guys on this message board said about a player in one time or another. If he cant man up and take the criticism, then he shouldnt be a qb at a prestigious program like Nebraska. This is why society is getting wussified..just sayin :P

Please show me the EXACT quote where anyone said Philip Dillard was "throwing his alma matter under the bus." The only person in this thread using that phrase was me, and I didn't say that. I think you need to read that post again. Also, please quote the post where someone said he was dissing Nebraska or the coaching staff.

If taylor cant take the heat, then so be it. Dillard made his opinion public, at least he wasnt fake about it. How was he throwing his alma matter under the bus? Please answer that question? Show me the EXACT quote where he dissed Nebraska or the coaching staff? All he did was play armchair coach, like most ppl on this board and say taylor is a bad qb and be benched. He never dissed nebraska, he never dissed the coaching staff and said what some of you guys on this message board said about a player in one time or another. If he cant man up and take the criticism, then he shouldnt be a qb at a prestigious program like Nebraska. This is why society is getting wussified..just sayin :P

Please show me the EXACT quote where anyone said Philip Dillard was "throwing his alma matter under the bus." The only person in this thread using that phrase was me, and I didn't say that. I think you need to read that post again. Also, please quote the post where someone said he was dissing Nebraska or the coaching staff.

I misread your quote, i thought you said, "why would he throw his alma matter under the bus." I thought i saw that somewhere but i must've been mistaken. I dont think Dillard said anything wrong, its no worse than what we say on this message board.

I dont think Dillard said anything wrong, its no worse than what we say on this message board.

WHAT Dillard said isn't wrong. He just said it in the wrong place. That kind of frankness doesn't belong out there publicly, it belongs in the locker room, or hanging with your guys. That's the only reason he's taking heat.

What would we feel about this team if all the players aired their concerns/grievances publicly? There are a LOT of things going on in that locker room that we know nothing about, probably a lot that would frankly shock Husker Nation. It's best we don't know because we'd overreact, kinda like we overreact to a lot of other things.