Stats Don't Lie

C N Red

22 wins? Pelini has coached a lot more NU games than that. I think 47 games in all. 48 if you count the 03 Alamo bowl.

Key words.. Games where we have rushed over 200 yards. Our team hasn't rushed for over 200 yards in every game Bo has coached.

I have difficulties with reading comprehension. Apparently. Ha ha.

I can't remember what the actual statistics were but during the game they show a stat that said if Martinez had one run of atleast 25yrds or something like that, we were like 10-0 in those games.

That was before the Wisconsin game. He had over 25 yards rushing in that but we still lost.

I can't remember what the actual statistics were but during the game they show a stat that said if Martinez had one run of atleast 25yrds or something like that, we were like 10-0 in those games.

That was before the Wisconsin game. He had over 25 yards rushing in that but we still lost.

He meant 25 yards rushing in one play. I don't think he did that against Wisconsin.

I saw this stat the other day to and loved it. It is very apparent, we have success with the run, we win. So many people want us to be like everyone else and throw the ball around the field, but thats not who we are. We should be running the ball 75% of the time with a few passes mixed. And, IMO, we shouldn't throw a pass further than 15 yards down field more twice a game. When we pass, we need to throw short little routes and let our playmaking-receivers and runningbacks turn them into 30 and 40 yard plays.

• Fire 1

This is no secret. They know it in the NFL, too. Teams that can run the ball, wear down a defense and control the clock generally win more games.

So why does everyone insist on passing?

Because you can't just declare your intent to run 75% of the time and pass 25%.

It's hard to maintain a ground game. It's easier to defend, especially if you don't fear the pass. The Husker fans wondered why we don't just pound the ball with Burkhead between the tackles. Well last week we handed it to Burkhead 10 times in the first half and he got 11 yards. That smashmouth running game doesn't look so good when the offense is getting its mouth smashed and getting a few three and outs. The running game gets going when the passing game loosens up the linebackers, and play action fakes actually have meaning.

I hope we keep throwing. Long. Short. Whatever it takes to whoever is open.

Those 200+ rushing games didn't happen because we committed to the run. They happened because the whole offense was working.

• Fire 1

This is no secret. They know it in the NFL, too. Teams that can run the ball, wear down a defense and control the clock generally win more games.

So why does everyone insist on passing?

Because you can't just declare your intent to run 75% of the time and pass 25%.

It's hard to maintain a ground game. It's easier to defend, especially if you don't fear the pass. The Husker fans wondered why we don't just pound the ball with Burkhead between the tackles. Well last week we handed it to Burkhead 10 times in the first half and he got 11 yards. That smashmouth running game doesn't look so good when the offense is getting its mouth smashed and getting a few three and outs. The running game gets going when the passing game loosens up the linebackers, and play action fakes actually have meaning.

I hope we keep throwing. Long. Short. Whatever it takes to whoever is open.

Those 200+ rushing games didn't happen because we committed to the run. They happened because the whole offense was working.

I believe you are correct for the most part, however I would argue that creative running tag-teamed with execution can still be effective whether or not you are doing well in the passing game.

The playcalling between the first half and the second half of last week's game was significantly different, specifically when diagnosing the run game. We brought out this new flexbone set and we used the diamond set, two formations I don't remember seeing at all during the first half. For argument's sake I'm going to dub this flexbone formation the NU-Flex. The quick hitter with Burkhead in the NU-Flex was devastating against tOSU in the second half.

Furthermore, tOSU knew we were going to run the ball to kill the clock when we had four minutes and some change left in the game, and tOSU couldn't stop it. Now whether you attribute this to tOSU being shell-shocked or our offense rolling on all cylinders, that's for another debate.

I saw this stat the other day to and loved it. It is very apparent, we have success with the run, we win. So many people want us to be like everyone else and throw the ball around the field, but thats not who we are. We should be running the ball 75% of the time with a few passes mixed. And, IMO, we shouldn't throw a pass further than 15 yards down field more twice a game. When we pass, we need to throw short little routes and let our playmaking-receivers and runningbacks turn them into 30 and 40 yard plays.

Amen!

Run the ball......stop the run......win the game.

GBR!!