Osborne Praises Fans for their Role in Greatest Comeback

jsneb83

At least TO gives the fans props.

Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osbornesays the Huskers' 34-27 triumph over Ohio State last weekend was the school's greatest comeback ever, and he wants to make sure Big Red fans get credit for their role in the outcome. "It looked pretty grim early in the third quarter," Osborne said before Tuesday night's monthly radio program that covered a wide range of topics - from the state of college athletics to the state of Nebraska facilities.

"We realized it (coming back) could happen, but the odds seemed to be slipping away that we would get back in the game," Osborne said. "Then we got that fumble recovery when Lavonte David stripped the ball, followed by a couple of quick touchdowns. All of a sudden, the momentum shifted. The crowd got back into it, and it became a fairly electric environment."

The crowd helped the Huskers keep fighting. "We have great fans, and we need to acknowledge that and commend them for their loyalty," Osborne said, adding that the Huskers are going to need that same fever-pitch level of support as Nebraska competes to win the Legends Division and a chance to play in the first-ever Big Ten Conference Championship Game in Indianapolis.

"There's a lot to play for, and we're going to need everybody's support," Osborne said. "What we can't have is a lot of division. You don't want to see a lot of nit-picking. I mean, you can always find something wrong. It seems like we've finally gotten to the point where we're obsessed with the defense or the offense or the passing game or the kicking game or this individual or that individual. We can't spend all of our time talking about those things. There are so many other things that go into winning."

http://www.huskers.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205314898

Dear Dr. Tom,

We don't care what you have to say until you start treating us fairly.

Sincerely, the students that make it possible for you to have a school and team in the first place, and that you don't reward.

Yeah, screw him, and the 3 National Titles he brought our team. And while were at it, screw Bob D. too, he only got two national titles...

• Fire 3

We I don't care what you have to say until you start treating us fairly.

Fixed that for you. I don't think students should be relegated to a corner of the stadium, but on the scale of things I care about when it comes to Nebraska athletics, it's pretty low on the list. We know where the seats are when we buy the tickets.

Dear Dr. Tom,

Sincerely, the students that make it possible for you to have a school and team in the first place, and that you don't reward.

There are plenty of other schools you could choose to go to. And guess what? They all make you pay a tuition. And in case your wondering, the tuition doesnt pay for much. The football program keeps the school running.

And make sure and badger osborne for moving us to the B1G. B/c after all that extra money starts flowing in from the CIC and makes Nebraska one of the best schools in the nation I'm sure you want him to know you're not worried about getting one of the best educations possible but just want a better seat for games.

Dear Dr. Tom,

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.

I've never been to a game in Memorial and would kill for the chance to get to one.

"My seats are SOOOOO far away" Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

• Fire 1

Dear Dr. Tom,

Are you kidding???? You are kidding right? Define 'treat us fairly' and define what kind of reward you think you deserve. Sheesh! Sorry kiddo but you sound like a cry-baby here. If you don't think you're being treated fairly, I'm sure there are several thousand kids across the state of Nebraska that would take your place in a heartbeat. But you're kidding....right?

The students do only get what 5 thousand seats? IMO, for memorial stadium to stay competitive with places like Camp Randal, we need to at least triple the amount of seats we provide for students. No offense to season ticket holders, but the students pay to attend the school, they should be #1 priority.

I'm not even a student so don't crucify me.

Also, I'm not sure why everyone is freaking out about what Landlord said... he didn't even apply context to his statement so why people are so offended by a vague statement are a little puzzling.

• Fire 3