Tom slams Badger fans.

That's fine if you want to cheer the opposing team out the door. If you think being called an a-hole, that could not be more blatantly tongue-in-cheek, is deplorable, then please for you're sake, do not ever leave Lincoln. Also, I'm not terribly certain badger_hb attended Wisconsin, as the ES-FU chant has been going on for decades in the student section, and while frowned upon by some people, it has been passed out for generations. To say, hey I swore in college, but now I'm older and wiser so damn those students to hell, is beyond hypocritical. Besides, those students are the ones who are standing and cheering all game long and give CRS the good reputation that it has today, while people like badger_hb are telling people to sit down in between wagging their finger at kids.

Assume away. I go to school here right now.

Uh.....hey guys?

Wisconsin trampled us, we should quit the with trash talk.

As a student from 96-01, some of the glory days, the student section did some pretty stupid things. and it was fun.

Oh, And we shouldn't root for Wisconsin to drop a game if we get a chance to play them. That whole "looking good" thing.

Off I go.

I'm just going to avoid Badger related threads on here. Leaves me with a bad impression of what is actually a good board.

You're on another team's message board....complaining about the topics that they start. The topic started because the Athletic Director at Nebraska made comments about the Wisconsin trip. It wasn't just Nebraska fans ripping apart the Wisconsin fan base at all, in fact, if you look, they talked about the student section.

Now, if you would like to say "it's almost 2 weeks ago" go ahead. However, some of us have had enough of the Taylor sucks, Taylor is awesome crap.. We are sick of reading articles by Chatelain talking about how immature Taylor is and then apologizing for it and what not. We've discussed the defense to death. So this thread comes up. God forbid we talk about something else, on OUR message board.. Oh, and look! Nebraska has a bye week this week! You act as if you've never seen a board on a bye week, but I'm sure you had plenty of OT discussions on yours wherever you hang out last week. On top of that, we play Minnesota after the bye... fantastic, that ought to bring us an absolutely thrilling match up!

If you really have that big of a problem, you don't have to come here. You don't have to comment. If the truth about your students hurts, I'm sorry.

• Fire 1

Michigan State was weak last year, but still smoked wisconsin

and let's not forget how they were jabbering about how they were gonna put a hurtin' on TCU...

They beat us by 10. Borderline "smoke" territory, but call it what you will.

Yeah you know, 10 is getting smoked, but 31 is close :LOLtartar

Saints fans aren't that bad..

Cowboy's fans on the other hand, are the most insufferable, bunch of douchebags, it's ever been my sorry pleasure to come across...

America's team blah blah blah...

Your stadium now looks like it should be a cover for a Journey album, thats it...

Where do the Cowboys play? In Texas? That explains alot lol

That's a pretty high horse you've got there. Sure UW has gone through some bad years but they've consistently won for the better part of 2 decades. We have even been to more BCS bowls (3-2) and won more (2-1).

I also recall a certain moment in time when Tom Osbourne decided when winning was so important he decided to start a woman beater against universal disapproval and any sort of moral compass. So maybe he shouldn't be the authority on correlating winning culture and character.

Wow, lol. And people wonder why Wisconsin fans get a bad rap

By the way, our student section isn't exactly filled with saints and angels. By my judgement, at least 3/4ths of the booing that occurred right before the half came from the student section. Your average frat guy in east stadium has an absolute loathing for T-magic, can't really explain why. (yes I'm a student.) Obviously though, booing is miles better than the ES/FU chant

That's a pretty high horse you've got there. Sure UW has gone through some bad years but they've consistently won for the better part of 2 decades. We have even been to more BCS bowls (3-2) and won more (2-1).

I also recall a certain moment in time when Tom Osbourne decided when winning was so important he decided to start a woman beater against universal disapproval and any sort of moral compass. So maybe he shouldn't be the authority on correlating winning culture and character.

Wow, lol. And people wonder why Wisconsin fans get a bad rap

See the thing is, we don't get a bad rap. In fact, we get effusive praise by pretty much everybody save for a few opposing fan bases. Some are based on geographic rivalry (Minnesota), others based on competition (Iowa and Ohio State), and one because they are just grumpy all the time and have an affinity for billboards (MSU).

Otherwise we are universally praised by sportswriters and analysts for being an enthusiastic fan base that fosters an electric atmosphere in one of the greatest college towns. And similar to Nebraska, but not of the same level, travels well to support our university.

Also, I don't know what's so bad about that particular post because it is largely based on fact. I acknowledge Wisconsin didnt't have a winning history through the 60's 70's and large part of the 80s, but we have been successful for the majority of the last two decades. ˜Osborne also on the wrong side of a large national debate about the price of winning when he chose to start Lawrence Phillips after he beat his girlfriend.

I've said far more vitriolic things.

I don't post here a lot, but I check in on occasion, and I know I'm going to be in the minority on this one. Just out of curiosity, how old are you guys that are complaining about their students? Maybe I just have a different perspective on it being a little younger, I'm not sure. I could be wrong. My brother and I met up with some friends that went to Wisconsin and had a pretty nice tailgate. We were warned beforehand that the crowd would be hostile, so I was prepared for the worst. However, nothing really happened. Yes, we got called aholes...a lot...and "go home Nebraska sucks," but at the end of the day, it's all words. Who cares? I still had a great time despite the score. We went to one of their friend's places for a little get together after the game and never had a problem there. There was some trash talk, but I would expect that. We just fired back and everyone had a real good time, just like that Dr. Pepper commercial.

I thought that place was rocking, and I'll definately go back. Those of you that won't, I'm not sure they care - just one more seat for a Badger fan (or a cheaper ticket for me). I've been a lifelong Husker, but I went to school at Kansas State and sat in the student section both times Nebraska was there (wearing red, of course). I don't know, maybe I was expecting something more like that. All I know is, in Madison, I wasn't spit on one time and I never had anything thrown at me. I know that a lot of Nebraska fans pride themselves on how nice everyone says we treat opposing fans, but I don't go to road games expecting that in return. Especially from students. Maybe it's a generational thing. I feel like some of you should probably not make the trip to Columbus next year.

I also don't understand how someone can trash talk a fan of a team that just put that kind of beating on your team. Especially about their loss in last year's ROSE BOWL. After we lost in The Holiday Bowl. To Washington.

Bye weeks suck.

I found this a little funny. Almost a low blow from Tom.

"I think, usually, schools with good tradition, that have won a lot in the past, are fairly tolerant," he said. "The ones that have won just lately sometimes don't know how to handle it very well."

Read more: http://host.madison....l#ixzz1afNha16c

Funny, my buddies that went up to Madison with me said the exact same thing with the exact logic behind it.

He is not at all wrong.

Wisconsin fans, sorry, but learn to win. I have no problem shaking the hands of the people that beat us and I did when I was in Madison, but some of the ways that I was treated were garbage.

Who is Tom Osbourne?

And how many national titles ya got? Let us know when you get to five.

I think they may want to start by getting their first one.