BTN's Howard Griffith Still Believes NU Will Win Big 10

If we can get past michigan and wisconsin.

Right now, I'm more worried about Northwestern and Michigan State. Michigan I think will be easier than people are thinking, but I'm subscribing to the belief that MSU's defense is indeed what it's cracked up to be, and that Persa is starting for Northwestern.

I agree with you, Northwestern is a COMPLETELY different team when Persa is in there. They are very dangerous with him at the helm. Michigan State's defense is legit, but what about their offense? I'm not worried about whether we move the ball on them. At this point I think we could move the ball against LSU's defense in all honesty. I just know from here on out it's going to be a shootout and I'm looking at what the other teams offense can do and not their defense.

COMPLETELY different all the way from horrible to marginal. Even with Persa Michigan totally shut them down the 2nd half in their win. Neither team impresses me much. We don't self destruct that's two wins for the BigRedMachine.

GBR!!

Whats the chances we dont self destruct though?

I'll be damned if I know. :-) I'll just intuitively guess for two games at...oh....75%. Lame as that is it's the best I got. Sorry!

GBR!!

Not lame lol thats about what I was thinking, obviously hoping for better. Thank you

GBR!

IF we get to the CCG, do we have any advantage having played in one before?

I don't think so. People tend too put way too much into the fact that the B1G didn't have a CCG until this year. It probably won't have any effect on the game.

Eh, I disagree. I don't think it's a huge advantage, but I do think there is an advantage in that our players have gone through 1 or 2 of those experiences, they know what to expect and how to handle it.

For example, the 94/95 Nebraska teams certainly had a little bit of an advantage from participating in national championship games the previous year. Even the players said so.

TO never liked CCG's because they make you play a team you've already beat...harder to get back up for them..weve been stung by that before...look at all the upsets in the big 12..heck look at our bowl game last year against Washington... i was thinking about it during the wiscy game while we wre getting whooped.....

Sadly there is no way that Wisky will go to the championship game unless both OSU and OU losses a game a piece. And I don't see that happening. Wisky doesnt have a solid line for the rest of the season as those two play each other and will put the winner at the number 2 spot.

I think if we handle Minnesota in a convincing fashion and handle Mich St....I think we have a good shot at going to the BIG10 champ. I think Mich St. beats Mich today....Mich has a great offense, but their defense is still suspect (even though they are playing better than ours by a bunch!!), this will cost them and Mich St. will force some turnovers via Mr. Dennard Robinson. I hoping for a Mich St. win today...even though I have tons of buddies that are Wolves fans...I gotta root for the opposing team.

The defense better learn how to shut down a running qb or we're in a shootout against Michigan. This game is probably it. We'll see how mich mich st do today but I can't imagine us losing to either team and having a chance. We'd be 3 games behind (2 losses and a tie breaker) if we lost to mich.

The defense keeps playin like dog doo doo....we could very well lose to Mich and Mich St....I hate it that our defense has plenty o question marks...

The defense better learn how to shut down a running qb or we're in a shootout against Michigan. This game is probably it. We'll see how mich mich st do today but I can't imagine us losing to either team and having a chance. We'd be 3 games behind (2 losses and a tie breaker) if we lost to mich.

The defense keeps playin like dog doo doo....we could very well lose to Mich and Mich St....I hate it that our defense has plenty o question marks...

I think we all might be surprised what the second half of that Ohio St. game will do for our Defense. I suspect that after the bye week, and the Minnesota game our defense will look completely different then they did the first half of the year. Bo, and Carl didn't forget how to coach defense. The players just need to find their nitche, and come around. I believe they will. I have a feeling that we will end this season a lot different note then last year, I look for a strong finish.

Right now, I'm more worried about Northwestern and Michigan State. Michigan I think will be easier than people are thinking, but I'm subscribing to the belief that MSU's defense is indeed what it's cracked up to be, and that Persa is starting for Northwestern.

I agree with you, Northwestern is a COMPLETELY different team when Persa is in there. They are very dangerous with him at the helm. Michigan State's defense is legit, but what about their offense? I'm not worried about whether we move the ball on them. At this point I think we could move the ball against LSU's defense in all honesty. I just know from here on out it's going to be a shootout and I'm looking at what the other teams offense can do and not their defense.

I hope the lsu part was sarcasm. We can move the ball on anyone EXCEPT alabama and lsu. Demps is a lot better than burkhead and their oline is better than our oline. LSU and Bama's d are athletic and big, no way we would move the ball on that D.

we might not be great on offense but we are clearly pretty good and i guarandamntee you that we could move the ball on those two teams.

We arent great on offense while lsu and alabama are great on defense..Florida has a better running game than us and they couldnt move the ball well on alabama or lsu...what makes you think we would move the ball on them? Before you say "we ran the ball well against ohio state," may i remind you that miami's rb rushed for 184 yds wit a 7.1 ypc against that defense. They are ranked 30th nationally against the run while lsu and bama are top 6. Remember. lamichael james had only 54 yards on 18 carries against LSU defense before he got hurt. So LSU's d shut down florida's running game and oregon's running game but wouldnt be able to shut down ours? So youre saying that we have a better rushing offense than oregon and florida?

I hope the lsu part was sarcasm. We can move the ball on anyone EXCEPT alabama and lsu. Demps is a lot better than burkhead and their oline is better than our oline. LSU and Bama's d are athletic and big, no way we would move the ball on that D.

we might not be great on offense but we are clearly pretty good and i guarandamntee you that we could move the ball on those two teams.

We arent great on offense while lsu and alabama are great on defense..Florida has a better running game than us and they couldnt move the ball well on alabama or lsu...what makes you think we would move the ball on them? Before you say "we ran the ball well against ohio state," may i remind you that miami's rb rushed for 184 yds wit a 7.1 ypc against that defense. They are ranked 30th nationally against the run while lsu and bama are top 6. Remember. lamichael james had only 54 yards on 18 carries against LSU defense before he got hurt. So LSU's d shut down florida's running game and oregon's running game but wouldnt be able to shut down ours? So youre saying that we have a better rushing offense than oregon and florida?

Not going to get into a huge debate, but Florida's running game is not good. They have zero running between the tackles.