Who'd you like to play against in a bowl?

good points all, but we invited them to lincoln and they chickened out. henceforth, suckage ensues.

Thats because we wanted to do a 2 for 1 deal and they wanted a 1 and 1 with a neutral site if I remember correctly.

This. I would still love to play them though.

Boise's worst ranking in the four major offensive and four major defensive stats categories is #35, and that's in Rushing Offense.

They are top ten in Scoring Offense, Passing Efficiency, Total Defense and Scoring Defense.

They've compiled this against the #29 schedule in the country. At the moment (and this will change as they go through conference games) they've played a tougher schedule than six of the other nine teams in the top ten.

Boise is legit this year. I understand and agree with the argument that they have an advantage in that they don't have the conference grind that AQ schools have, but that doesn't automatically mean they're crap. I am usually on the "Boise is a paper tiger" bandwagon, but this year they aren't. They're pretty good.

I give a lot of credit to the QB. It will be interesting to see how well they fare next year without Moore. I think it will be a similiar result to what you see in TCU without their QB this year. I love both TCU and Boise St and what they have done. I don't see either team going away. I think we would lose to Boise this year ... TCU as well.

I agree that Moore is a HUGE part of their success. I don't know how well Southwick will do when he takes over next year. He'll lose Byrd © and Potter (RT) from the line, and Shoemaker at WR and Martin at RB, but I think they'll be just fine at skill positions and on the O Line. The big difference will be Moore.

Moore is just as crucial to Boise State as Andy Dalton was to TCU. You see where TCU is now that Dalton is gone.

they were just invited to the big east and declined...because they know they couldn't finish any higher than 4th or 5th in the big east.

I'm sure that being in the far, far west has nothing to do with it. Like others have said, when Boise does played that one ranked opponent in the reggular season and then plays a good team in a bowl they almost always win.

Currently I am just hoping we get to a major bowl, not even a BCS level bowl.

Our defense is pathetic, we have one good quarter after the other teams starting Qb goes down. A sure loss if he remains in the game, and we are talking about teams like Bama, Oregon, Stanford, LSU and others. We have no reason to think we belong on the same field as those mentioned.

All is not perfect nor is it equal.

Win a few games to get to bowl should be our first worry.

Martinez gets hurt the season is over instantly.

As far as someone to play, hopefully someone we could possibly beat. We have not shown that to be to promising for the last 7 or 8 games against other than Division 2 type teams.

REALITY CHECK!!! WE ARE NOT THERE YET!!!!!!!

Sorry Carl,

I just see us as having a lot of problems, that for some reason are all forgotten after OSU's qb got hurt. Half on this board were throwing in the towel and the season, hating on players and the like. We win and all is great.

We need a history of winning to think we are going to get to a BCS level game. I think we got pounded pretty good by a Wisconsin team that in my opinion can not hold the jocks of LSU or Bama.

We need to be careful what we wish for. This team does not prepare well for what ever reason. Hopefully the light turned on in the OSU game, but I have my doubts. Michigan State will tell the story of this year. Michigan is just about he worst thing we could face, we have never been able to stop a mobile QB with Bo's defense, what will Denard do to us?

I remember us going to Penn State a few years back thinking we would wack them. All I can say about that was WOW!!!!

I just want to play Akron. God owes us 100 points on a Cosgrove defense. It is justice.

And for the Boise sans Kellen Moore. People said Boise would come back to earth when Jerod Zambransky(he of statue of Liberty fame) graduated. All that happened was an unheralded frosh came in and took care of the ball and helped manage the game. Four years later, KM is the best QB in college football.

Boise would destroy NU. Kellen Moore would rip our secondary to pieces.

Time and time again Boise has proven they are legit. Oklahoma, Oregon, Virginia Tech, TCU. If they were in the B1G, it'd be them and Wiscy at the top

Yep they've proven they can hang with the big boys a few times over the course of a decade. I'd like to see them play a legit schedule, just once, before I buy into the notion they would be at the top of a real conference.