Block on Marlowe's run?

dergibog

We just see it differently then. I love energy and emotion. I loved the hit. But a full five seconds after the play is over, he sees the guy completely without motion, face down... to me, the testosterone wears off and you start to have some human concern for the guy. You're right, he isn't a robot, and that's exactly why I would expect a human reaction to another human potentially seriously hurt.

So nobody should ever celebrate, ever, because on every single play someone could be potentially seriously hurt. That's what you're saying. The player should make the big hit, but stop and see whether the opponent laying on the ground is OK before celebrating every time, and if they don't, they're showing an inhuman reaction. After we sacked Cousins those several times, we should have gotten up, checked his health, and then celebrated.

That is so wholly unrealistic. When do you ever see this happen?

Watch Lawrence Taylor's reaction after Theisman's leg is snapped in two. It's less than celebratory. LT invented high energy play.

We just see it differently then. I love energy and emotion. I loved the hit. But a full five seconds after the play is over, he sees the guy completely without motion, face down... to me, the testosterone wears off and you start to have some human concern for the guy. You're right, he isn't a robot, and that's exactly why I would expect a human reaction to another human potentially seriously hurt.

So nobody should ever celebrate, ever, because on every single play someone could be potentially seriously hurt. That's what you're saying. The player should make the big hit, but stop and see whether the opponent laying on the ground is OK before celebrating every time, and if they don't, they're showing an inhuman reaction. After we sacked Cousins those several times, we should have gotten up, checked his health, and then celebrated.

Watch Lawrence Taylor's reaction after Theisman's leg is snapped in two. It's less than celebratory. LT invented high energy play.

What is your point about this?

The spartan player walked off the field under his own power.

This hit ended Thisman's career.

These are not the same.

These are not the same.

My point is that this is an example of a player knowing the gravity of a play's outcome outside of jumping up and pounding his chest.

And obviously Eric Martin is qualified to know whether the player he just hit is or is not concussed at the moment. :sarcasm

These are not the same.

My point is that this is an example of a player knowing the gravity of a play's outcome outside of jumping up and pounding his chest.

And obviously Eric Martin is qualified to know whether the player he just hit is or is not concussed at the moment. :sarcasm

It's not like he was taunting the player or saying, "Get the stretcher." He was just pumping up the crowd for the defense that was coming on the field. He backed away and gave the player and the trainers space and then he went and did his own thing, pumping up the crowd like he always does. We don't know exactly what was going on in his mind, so all we can do is fight about it :D .

The guy was out cold, and it was pretty obvious at the moment of the hit. If you watch the replay Martin was a little freaked out by it, too - he backed away like he was scared of the guy.

Both players lowered their shoulders to take the impact, it's just that Sparty got lower and took the brunt of Martin's helmet in the back of his head. Not much Martin could have done. That whole sequence of approach, lowering and bracing for impact probably took less than a quarter of a second. If anyone gripes about helmet-to-helmet from this, they need to stop watching football. This was totally unintentional, and the blame is more on Sparty than Martin.

You need to tell this to the NFL Corporate office

I'm not piling on EM for being who he is. I just disagreed with the assertion that you never see opposing players show immediate concern for their counterparts following a violent play.

Point made. Some players sometimes show concern for other players who are injured. That doesn't mean anything to the general thrust of the conversation we were having, but I'll agree with this statement.

Great, legal hit but the celebration after was a little disturbing. I know it's a rough sport, but still...

Go watch it again. Martin celebrated for maybe 1/2 a second before realizing the guy was out cold, and he immediately calmed down and backed away like he was scared of the guy.

Martin had just got his bell rung as well. You have to forgive him making an instant's celebration after a huge hit.

This is football. You should not be disturbed by that play.

"This is football" retort is getting old. Also eric martin has no soul.

just because he dyes his hair red doesn't make him a ginger.

martin%20hit.gif

Martin's hit

Damn! I think Caveman knocked that guy out cold. Look at the guy's hands after the hit. Doesn't even react to break his fall.

This hit reminds me of the Courtney Osborne hit on Gabbert last yr. The offensive player turtled up to take the hit & caused the Helmet to Helmet hit. It was not a intentional helmet to helmet hit, but both players need to learn to keep their heads up. If this hit would have been on a QB I would have expected a flag.

I love how you like to go to the extreme so quickly in your arguments.

I'm not kidding. :thumbs

It's almost predictable, (in a nice way).