Tebow haters

Personally, I think he exploits Christianity for his own gain/fame.

You've got it backwards.

christianity exploits him for gain/fame?

Still not doing it right.

you should stop being so coy and just tell us then. what i said would be 'backwards' though.

Fair enough, I figured it was obvious but I usually don't make a habit out of inferring and speak what I mean - He uses his fame as a platform to be unabashedly in witness of the gospel and to bring people to know Jesus - ie, "He exploits his own gain/fame for Christianity". I think that's why he sometimes flaunts it a little too - sure, I bet he likes the media attention, who wouldn't, but I'd bet absolutely anything that Tim Tebow's deepest desire in being in the public spotlight is letting Jesus be known to people.

Personally, I think he exploits Christianity for his own gain/fame.

You've got it backwards.

christianity exploits him for gain/fame?

Still not doing it right.

you should stop being so coy and just tell us then. what i said would be 'backwards' though.

Fair enough, I figured it was obvious but I usually don't make a habit out of inferring and speak what I mean - He uses his fame as a platform to be unabashedly in witness of the gospel and to bring people to know Jesus - ie, "He exploits his own gain/fame for Christianity". I think that's why he sometimes flaunts it a little too - sure, I bet he likes the media attention, who wouldn't, but I'd bet absolutely anything that Tim Tebow's deepest desire in being in the public spotlight is letting Jesus be known to people.

i agree, he uses his success to promote his beliefs. i guess there was more than one way that 'backwards' could have been interpreted.

I don't think many people hate Tebow. They hate the amount of press he gets.

i agree. the media created a monster when he was in fla.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this thread hasn't been bumped in a while but my recent disgust with Tebow made me go looking for a trash Tebow thread. I'm so annoyed with him that it's actually making me go out and look for a thread on an internet forum that trashes Tebow. As sad as that sounds, I'm still more annoyed with Teblow than I am disappointed in myself that I went looking for a Tebow hater thread.

There's a skeleton waiting in his closet for the perfect day to jump out. But for now, we've only got this to keep us grounded in reality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myNyMP9ddrg

I'll also bet that he would fail the psychopath test: http://www.arkancide.com/psychopathy.htm

The thing that upset me about Tebow is not his ability or lack thereof, it is with media members that feel special concessions should be made for him. Its like Tim Tebow is the first run style QB to play in the NFL. There has never been such a push for offenses to change to match the style of the QB. Every QB before him is criticized because they are not drop back stand in the pocket QB. The media always says the option will never work in the NFL, Running QB's wont last in the NFL, yet Tebow some how is the only guy worthy of a chance to test this theory.

That's crap. As a Christian myself, I appreciate his beliefs. However, it's football. He sucks as a QB, will never amount to anything in the NFL until he agrees to change positions.

Yeah, he completely sucks.

Five wins, one loss

Eight touchdowns, one pick

Zero turnovers in the five wins

Four of those wins came on the road

Avg. six yards per carry for three touchdowns

"If I told you QB X was 5-1, 8 TD passes, 1 INT, 0 turnovers in 5 wins (4 on the road), 6 yards a carry on 78 runs w/ 3 TDs, would you be impressed?" -- Skip Bayless