We'll Know We're Officially Back When . . .

Well we have parity in college football today . Note Oklahoma being beaten pretty soundly by Texas Tech and at one time this year we didnt have a Florida team in the top 10. Also the Texas Whorns have had a top 10 recruiting class for over a decade and last year pretty much finished last in their division . So recruiting alone wont get it done , even though that is somewhat important.

As far as being BACK , Bo has improved us , but just like the Big 12 we previously played in ; in our new league you had better come to play every week , one game at a time , or you will lose ...There are too many good coaches with todays excellent weight training , nutrition ect. We had better be happy that our coaches can adapt and make a team better by years end , as in college football you lose players every year to injuries or graduation , and you have to reload every year.

Yes , so close the Texas boys had to add a second to an expired clock and then last year , it was clear that by us leaving , The Big 12 would ensure that we lost the last tier of games on our schedule , as A&M was by far the even worse than the ridiculous DEBACLE IN DALLAS the year before ..

...when we win a conference championship.

We've been so agonizingly close the last two years.

I don't need a e happy, just have Nebraska playing to their potential. Nebraska is making leaps and bounds week and explains, we can keep getting better. Nebraska is back when Coach Pelini says they are. The Defense getting their Blackshirts is major. At the start of the season, would we have imagined Nebraska would be 7-1 at this point? Pre season, some had us at 5-2 at this point. With the kind of football Nebraska is playing, Nebraska can in out and finish in the polls in the top 5, maybe even as high as #2 or #3.

...when I no longer suffer from 'Husker Tummy' on game day, even when playing unranked teams. There's been far too many games where I regret eating anything before the game and certainly can't eat anything at halftime.

Good to have another georgeous Husker-ette on the Board we may be overly supplied with testosterone but the ladies who venture onto this board (Roxie and Ohio Husker just to name two) do more than their share to make HuskerBoard the best board on the web. Welcome Calla. A strong Big Red Bloody Mary and a Brat 2 hours before kickoff will help with your Husker Tummy.

T_O_B

G>B>R

On one level the answer to this has been addressed by several others here...winning a division title, or playing in a national championship game, or beating a top 5 team..and not acting shocked about it..

but on a deeper level, and possibly after 3 beers, this sounds like one of those eastern existential philosophical questions to me....like if a tree falls on a Longhorn player does anyone care?

Ok what is "back"? Top 5 team in the nation? I have trouble naming the top 5 teams because they cycle through so much. OSU, USC and UF were definitely top 5 programs but have fallen off lately, I guess some top programs now would include LSU, Bama, Oklahoma and Oregon....not sure about a fifth and even those are shakey

Yes , so close the Texas boys had to add a second to an expired clock and then last year , it was clear that by us leaving , The Big 12 would ensure that we lost the last tier of games on our schedule , as A&M was by far the even worse than the ridiculous DEBACLE IN DALLAS the year before ..

...when we win a conference championship.

We've been so agonizingly close the last two years.

:facepalm:

Nebraska will be back when we stop having games like Saturday. No reason we should of lost that game. Any team can win any given Saturday, we should not of lost focus on Northwestern. I know we had Penn State next, but they just put more pressure on ourselves. We have to hope that Iowa can stay undefeated at home and beat Mechigan State. I do think we will beat Penn State, I just think that we will have a bounce back game. But none the less Nebraska IS NOT back.....yet.

We'll know we are officially back when we regularly start blowing the Northwesterns of the world out. I don't like how Boise State plays a wimpy schedule, but, I"ll say this for them, they always destroy teams that they are supposed to beat. Once we start doing likewise then we'll be back (that, and if we start beating top 5 teams!).

How about taking care of "our house" first? Like.... winning at home no matter how highly ranked the opponent is.