Bo Should go.

Bo didn't take recruiting seriously his first two years

Frank is good for the MAC, but didn't take recruiting seriously enough and let the talent fall to a point to where he lost every streak excpet the bowl streak and KU. If he would have stayed one mroe year, he would have has those on his resume too.

For being so quick to attack others' opinions, you sure make some incredibly broad-sweeping statements of your own. I don't know how close to the program you are personally, but you'd have to be pretty close to be able to judge how seriously a particular coach takes any given aspect. And without so much as a sentence of proof/explanation...

Really, I can't believe an ugly loss to Northwestern in 2011 is bringing back the Solich vs. Callahan debate (which was never necessary to begin with)! Solich was a C+ coach and Callahan was closer to a C-. Bo has been around a B for most of his time here. None of these three have anything to do with the other two.

so quick to blame the 18 year old kids. Coaches are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS. They get paid MILLIONS! On the other hand, lets blame the 18 year old AMATEURS for not adjusting your defense, not getting the line blocking schemes adjusted, etc.....

This lose was all on the coaches. Most of our issues this year is coaching. Pelinis arrogance in his defensive scheme is going to be our downfall. This isnt the NFL, play to your players strengths, not what is correcct on paper. That very issue is what got Watson canned.

Frank is good for the MAC, but didn't take recruiting seriously enough and let the talent fall to a point to where he lost every streak excpet the bowl streak and KU. If he would have stayed one mroe year, he would have has those on his resume too.

For being so quick to attack others' opinions, you sure make some incredibly broad-sweeping statements of your own. I don't know how close to the program you are personally, but you'd have to be pretty close to be able to judge how seriously a particular coach takes any given aspect. And without so much as a sentence of proof/explanation...

Really, I can't believe an ugly loss to Northwestern in 2011 is bringing back the Solich vs. Callahan debate (which was never necessary to begin with)! Solich was a C+ coach and Callahan was closer to a C-. Bo has been around a B for most of his time here. None of these three have anything to do with the other two.

Yes. Bo is a B. Not very inspiring, is it?

Are you kidding me? So we lost. Big Deal. Take a breath and calm down. Good grief! This is exactly the attitude that 'fans' had when Tom Osborne wasn't 'delivering'. He couldn't win the BIG GAME. People were calling for his head too. We KNOW we have the potential-we saw that last week. Now we know how Michigan State felt last week and how Iowa felt getting beat by Minnesota. It happens but fire the coach? Unbelievable. So we only support the coach when he wins. Blah! Threads like this just make me tired. We're not out of this yet. Forget this game and move on.

so quick to blame the 18 year old kids. Coaches are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS. They get paid MILLIONS! On the other hand, lets blame the 18 year old AMATEURS for not adjusting your defense, not getting the line blocking schemes adjusted, etc.....

This lose was all on the coaches. Most of our issues this year is coaching. Pelinis arrogance in his defensive scheme is going to be our downfall. This isnt the NFL, play to your players strengths, not what is correcct on paper. That very issue is what got Watson canned.

What is our strength on defense? Tell me.

Amen. You would think with two types of losses we've had this year that Pelini would have at least a little humility. It really bothers me. I'm not blaming the players one bit today, this one is on the coaching staff.

Are you kidding me? So we lost. Big Deal. Take a breath and calm down. Good grief! This is exactly the attitude that 'fans' had when Tom Osborne wasn't 'delivering'. He couldn't win the BIG GAME. People were calling for his head too. We KNOW we have the potential-we saw that last week. Now we know how Michigan State felt last week and how Iowa felt getting beat by Minnesota. It happens but fire the coach? Unbelievable. So we only support the coach when he wins. Blah! Threads like this just make me tired. We're not out of this yet. Forget this game and move on.

Well said, ladyhawke. Glad to see some people are keeping their head level after this game.

It's funny that people are saying Pelini's stubbornness with this defense is a problem, when people said the same thing about TO's offense. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I remember people screaming at the t.v. two decades ago, yelling at Osborne to 'throw the damn ball'. He never changed and he never gave in to some of the poor football fans we have.

I think people just need to take a more mature stance to this football game. Northwestern seemingly takes down a really good football team every year, and they've been in many close games this year and have played better than their record suggests at times.

What is our strength on defense? Tell me.

Lavonte David...That's all I got. But seriously, Bo says its a complex scheme for younger players, therefore he should adjust it and work with what we have instead of trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.

I would rate Frank as a D coach. Callahan was a C- and Bo is a C right now. I think Bo is the best of the three, but he has a lot of issues that he has to fix to be successful here.

The proof is in the recruiting.......look at who we brought in. Bo's best attribute was getting the most out of the players that Callahan left him. Suh is a prime example of that. But who did he replace those guys with? Taking a month long vacation isn't very smart in prime recruiting season either. Of course now they don't do that anymore, but it cost them two years.

Well said, ladyhawke. Glad to see some people are keeping their head level after this game.

It's funny that people are saying Pelini's stubbornness with this defense is a problem, when people said the same thing about TO's offense. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I remember people screaming at the t.v. two decades ago, yelling at Osborne to 'throw the damn ball'. He never changed and he never gave in to some of the poor football fans we have.

I think people just need to take a more mature stance to this football game. Northwestern seemingly takes down a really good football team every year, and they've been in many close games this year and have played better than their record suggests at times.

Northwestern lost to Army and then comes to Lincoln and handles us. I don't see how that is even remotely acceptable?

And what was being said about TO has nothing to do with Bo. TO was at least winning conference championships, what has Bo won to prove all of these claims of his "greatness." IMO he has two years to win something or he is out. No conference titles in 6 years and the boosters will make sure he's gone. Especially with his temper.

Bo stays. However, we need to start reviewing some of our defensive coaches. Especially this Corey Raymond guy.

Carl is the first one that needs to go. He's a distraction with his personal life that needs to take it elsewhere.

What's up with his personal life?

You really don't know? I thought everybody knew about his escapades. Hell he even has them on his facebook.

Northwestern lost to Army and then comes to Lincoln and handles us. I don't see how that is even remotely acceptable?

If you are that ignorant to only judge a teams worth by their record then your opinion is no longer valid.

But doesn't that take away from an "identity" that so many people want us to have? Let the players learn the scheme, don't adjust it. When they hit their 2nd half of their 2nd year, then the scheme will be all the more beneficial right now.

It might be hard to learn right away, but the benefits to me seem to outweigh the costs now. Will they? We will see.