Another thread about crowd noise and fans at the game

Landlord

I don't know what it is with NU's crowd but I think it has a lot to do with the quality of football they watch: If the product on the field is garbage they stay silent (or boo as is becoming the norm nowadays). I can't really complain about that. It's year 4 and it's clear that Bo's done a bad job of recruiting on the defensive side of the ball.

What we saw Saturday wasn't just X's/O's boo boo's - it was LACK OF TALENT. If you can't see that then you need to stop watching sports all together.

Here are Northwestern's ranks in the four major defensive stat categories, year-to-date:

Rushing Defense - 84

Pass Efficiency Defense - 103

Scoring Defense - 88

Total Defense - 96

That's after our game. They were worse before - prior to our game, their highest rank in any of these four categories was 90th in the nation.

This is a team that entered the game 3-5 on the season, 1-4 in the Big Ten. They lost by double digits at home to Penn St. and Michigan, and at Iowa.

This is a team that LOST TO ARMY.

I should not have to stand and scream all game long to "pump up" the Huskers to win this game (note: I did anyway). We have talent advantages on this team all over the field. It is absurd to point a finger at the crowd for this game.

I cannot stand the griping at the crowd for being non-energetic when our team is losing at home to Northwestern.

Thank you.

Fact of life, if you want noise, you need to double the size of the student section.

Personally, I think it is a crime that students don't come first when it comes to tickets. Every student should be able to get a ticket to every home game, unless it's all about money... :rolleyes:

I agree that they should allow more student tickets and I also think they should move the students directly behind the visitors bench. Really get loud and get in the visitors head...............that would be great!

How do they decide which students get tickets. I was under the impression all students had the opportunity to get tickets.

the way to make the stadium noisey is to play every game like you want to win, that it is important, that it means something to you. The team plays like that, you have noise. And it can't just be for Ohio State, or Alabama it needs to be for the Fresno states and South Dakota state teams as well. The fans know when it is important to the team, it seems quite obvious.

My guess is there are about 10,000 true blue hairs at the most, the student section alone should make up for what ever they do not provide. What about the other 65,000, what are they doing.

Nothing could be farther from wrong on the elderly. I am proud that my 93 year old grandfather was at a Nebraska game the day before he died. You have no idea of what love of Nebraska is my young grasshoppers. Driving 200 miles every Saturday to see his beloved Huskers play was the most important part of his life. He played at Nebraska, his father played at Nebraska, and he was more of a fan than anyone I know.

Quit blaming the old for the failure of the students and recently graduated (25-45) to carry the load. That is where the real short fall is.

We definitely need a crowd discussion containment thread. Or hell, another subforum. That would help clean up the 2-3 crowd threads that pop up every week. We don't need a play-by-play and analysis of the crowd's performance every week. What more can we possibly say that hasn't been said in numerous other threads...

We definitely need a crowd discussion containment thread. Or hell, another subforum. That would help clean up the 2-3 crowd threads that pop up every week. We don't need a play-by-play and analysis of the crowd's performance every week. What more can we possibly say that hasn't been said in numerous other threads...

Well...maybe we should start a "Fire Bo" containment thread also. And while we are at it...a "bench Martinez" sub forum and a "fire Barney Cotton" sub forum and a "Burnt Redshirt" subforum...and a "What went wrong" sub forum...and a...

Well...maybe we should start a "Fire Bo" containment thread also. And while we are at it...a "bench Martinez" sub forum and a "fire Barney Cotton" sub forum and a "Burnt Redshirt" subforum...and a "What went wrong" sub forum...and a...

Well at least all those topics directly relate to the football game itself

How do they decide which students get tickets. I was under the impression all students had the opportunity to get tickets.

It goes by seniority. At a certain date the seniors can get tickets. Then a few days later the juniors. If they run out before they get to the freshmen, then the freshmen don't get any.