Bo v. Saban & Miles after first four years - - now shut up!

Frank got fired because a lot of people overreacted. Those people include Nebraska fans by the thousands. People have got to stop thinking we are going to go undefeated every year or we are going to ruin this program and run everything good about it into the dirt. Frank's firing was a mistake.....let's not make the same mistake twice with Bo.

Frank got fired because he was banging students, not because of his record. Sick of hearing how he was fired for winning 9 games. One thing I'll give Pedey credit for is not calling a spade a spade and dragging Franks name through the dirt when he fired him. He could have taken the easy way and said we fired him for being a crappy person, not because of his record.

Frank got fired because a lot of people overreacted. Those people include Nebraska fans by the thousands. People have got to stop thinking we are going to go undefeated every year or we are going to ruin this program and run everything good about it into the dirt. Frank's firing was a mistake.....let's not make the same mistake twice with Bo.

Frank got fired because he was banging students, not because of his record. Sick of hearing how he was fired for winning 9 games. One thing I'll give Pedey credit for is not calling a spade a spade and dragging Franks name through the dirt when he fired him. He could have taken the easy way and said we fired him for being a crappy person, not because of his record.

In that case, Carl Pelini should have been out the door at least a season ago if not longer.

So, Bo inherited a team that had 5 wins and had the worst defense that Nebraska has seen since the 50s. He has resources, but it takes time to both rebuild and figure out what the heck you're doing as a head coach. Don't expect a national title within 4 years of a coach getting his first head coaching job

Kelly and Chizik set a pretty ridiculous standard making in their second year.

Some of our more vocal fans will apparently never accept that 10 win seasons in good conferences (i.e. not the Big 8, especially when OU wasn't good) are an accomplishment. I guess in my mind the loss yesterday was a lot less bitter than ISU in 09' and Texas last year, and we still have three quality games ahead to rebound.

Also all the hoopla around Les Miles is kinda funny since it was only two years ago that the very same sportscasters were saying LSU was waning and there was a lot of unrest in the LSU fan base. Now he's apparently ranked with Eisenstein in genius and walking on bayou water.

Actually, the coaches that started the rediculous standards were Bob Stoops, Pete Carroll, and Urban Meyer. Chizik was down right a disaster at Iowa State. The rest of your post is spot on. I actually thought Bama' would put LSU in their place. Little did I know that Saban was too proud to walk over to the soccor complex and try to find someone who could kick in a goal.

In that case, Carl Pelini should have been out the door at least a season ago if not longer.

Well, at least now I know there is in fact another person that is aware of the Solich situation. Que bshirt in 4.3.2.1.......

For all of you whackos calling for Bo's head, let's compare Bo to several other coaches after four years. Bo likely will end this year at 10-3. As such, here are the records of Bo v. other coaches after four years:

Bo - 39-15

Saban - 25-22-1

Miles - 28-21

Callahan - 27 - 22

I hope that the Bo naysayers will just shut their mouths and let this man do his job.

Who's that last guy? That name isn't ringing any bells.

Like it has been pointed out, Nebraska is head and shoulders ahead of both Michigan State and Oklahoma State in terms of tradition, fan support, facilities, game day experience, just about every facet of college football........ESPECIALLY at the time Saban was at Michigan State (1995-1999) and Les was at oSu (2001-2005).

I'm no doom and gloomer, but Bo has tenfold the resources at his disposal than did either Miles or Saban, but yet the best talent we can get at QB is a Taylor Martinez? I think Taylor played much better than usual on Saturday, but it needs to be kept in perspective. Northwestern's defense is trash. We're Nebraska, one of the best programs in college football history and we can't recruit a QB that plays on a high level each and every Saturday? I could probably think of about 60-70 FBS QBs that are better than Taylor. This team will never win a championship as long as Taylor is slinging it, IMO.

Solich's firing was not a mistake.

• Fire 1

Like it has been pointed out, Nebraska is head and shoulders ahead of both Michigan State and Oklahoma State in terms of tradition, fan support, facilities, game day experience, just about every facet of college football........ESPECIALLY at the time Saban was at Michigan State (1995-1999) and Les was at oSu (2001-2005).

I'm no doom and gloomer, but Bo has tenfold the resources at his disposal than did either Miles or Saban, but yet the best talent we can get at QB is a Taylor Martinez? I think Taylor played much better than usual on Saturday, but it needs to be kept in perspective. Northwestern's defense is trash. We're Nebraska, one of the best programs in college football history and we can't recruit a QB that plays on a high level each and every Saturday? I could probably think of about 60-70 FBS QBs that are better than Taylor. This team will never win a championship as long as Taylor is slinging it, IMO.

How did Martinez lose the game for us? Should he also be playing on the defense as well? That is where I saw some major issues. I hate to say it, but the fumble that Rex had absolutely killed us. I'm not sure how we would have still won with those 60-70 other QBs when our receivers do not make the plays they need to make.

The Saban comparison is fair. Saban took a while to get going. Now he's basically looked at as a college coaching god. He had one season at Toledo, but his first stint as a BCS head coach was at MSU.

Saban took over Sparty at the relatively young age of 43. (His first game-- a 50-10 loss to Nebraska.) He took over a team that was a combined 19-26 (42%) in the three seasons before his arrival. In his first four seasons, he went 25-22-1 (53%). His "breakout" year was in his fifth season, when he went 9-2 before accepting the job at LSU (pre-bowl). He still didn't win the B1G title though, as they lost to Wisconsin and Purdue by a combined score of 92-38.

In summary: Saban took a middle-of-the-road B1G team and improved their winning percentage by 11% in his first four years, before having a legitimately good season in year five. He won zero conference titles.

Pelini took over Nebraska at 40. Nebraska was a combined 27-22 (55%) in the four years before his arrival. In his first four seasons (to date), his record is 36-14 (72%). Also zero conference titles to date (although was one second away from one). He has improved our winning percentage by 17%.

And to add, Pelini did this without using SEC or Texas dirty money tactics.

The SEC--the best college athletes money can buy.

Are saying a National Championship or a Big Ten Championship? I be willing to bet he wins a Big Ten Championship in hs career.

Are saying a National Championship or a Big Ten Championship? I be willing to bet he wins a Big Ten Championship in hs career.

I'm saying both.

Solich's firing was not a mistake.

The year he was fired was the mistake. If he would have been fired after the '02 7-7 season it would not have looked as bad. By letting him stay another yr & go 9-3 (Bo gets the bowl win) It sent a message that a 9-3 record will not be exceptable at NU & it scared a lot of coaches away. Also Peterson wanted a Coach that was going to bring new tradition's to NU. He believed that the Husker Offense needed a new identity.

I'm saying both.

Taylor is a Soph & is progressing. Mabe not as fast as fans would like, but he is getting more mature with every game. With how easy the our 2013 schedule is & the average age of our team. I would say he has probably the best odds in the Legends Divison for the next couple of seasons. The Huskers still have a outside chance this year.